Topic: Duping bots is awesome for the game

Look at the killboard, so much activity.

I guess all those people who admitted to exploiting a bug and duping their bots and claimed it was ok because it was fun and entertainment were right after all. Now they only have to learn how to dupe their turrets so when others come to attack their duped turrets in duped bots they're all in a leveling ground.

In CIR we will defend ourselves from duped bots, be it in the field or as they attack our gamma base, the old fashioned way. Player harvested, mined and built.

Re: Duping bots is awesome for the game

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

In CIR we will defend ourselves from duped bots, be it in the field or as they attack our gamma base, the old fashioned way. Player harvested, mined and built.

You mean with shared accounts for new players to drive?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I personally hate when people abuse trial accounts and use them just to grief others or gain unfair advantages. How about you?

Burial wrote:

I personally hate when people abuse trial accounts and use them just to grief others or gain unfair advantages. How about you?

I hate dupers more. But then I'm not in M2S.

It really looks like CIR keep spinning that *** again and again just to be banned one more time, now for the forum rules breaking, so they will have a reason for ragequit. Why do you guys just don't leave in silence simply? We will understand, thats ok.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Burial wrote:

While I think these guys were not necessarily using this exploit in a gamebreaking manner this could be very well used to break the game and needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY.

Its not simply metagaming game mechanics, it is exploiting a bug.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I know this bug was reported over a week ago.

Perpetuum was released 2 years ago, we're not in Beta anymore. When someone can undock the same heavy mechs 8-9 time, thats intentionally exploiting a bug. Who mined for those bots? Who produced them? Who sold them on the market? Nobody. Just like M2S a year ago undocked endless waves of heavies and suicide mechs, STC did the same thing.

Developers are gonna have to look over every single robot loss for the last month and determine if it was exploited in the same way. It's easy to PVP when you know you're losing nothing and your opponent is losing something.

This is a violation of the EULA. Punish it accordingly please.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Perpetuum was released 2 years ago, we're not in Beta anymore. When someone can undock the same arkhes 8-9 time, thats intentionally exploiting a bug. Who mined for those bots? Who produced them? Who sold them on the market? Nobody.

Developers are gonna have to look over every single robot loss for the last month and determine if it was exploited in the same way. It's easy to PVP when you know you're losing nothing and your opponent is losing something.

This is a violation of the EULA. Punish it accordingly please.

Arkhes can't be produced and they have no value.

Get serious you wannabe troll, if you don't see the problem with someone undocking the same heavy mechs 8-9 times without ever paying or mining for them then what the f*ck.

How many of those bots that died in the last month were "accidentally" undocked again from their outposts?

CIR Complaint Form

10 (edited by Burial 2012-07-02 10:38:13)

Syndic, how do you know it got reported over a week ago?

From what I heard, the bug gets triggered randomly and can not really be controlled. Of course I can not be bothered by learning about different bugs. Anyone able to verify?

Look at the killboard. Someone obviously figured out how to reproduce it reliably on a large scale and exploited it. By their own words they knew about it, they knew it was getting fixed today and they took advantage of it while they still could, to try and take back their Beta outpost.

Clear case of EULA violation, people have been banned for a LOT less then creating 30-40 heavies and mechs out of thin air.

CIR Complaint Form

Ok, I'm not going to protect anyone but also I'm not going to spin it any way. I'm sure the devs are aware of it all and will find a fair solution.

While I'm not protecting anyone who may or may not using that "respawn"bug, I'd like to note here one thing: arkhes can't be produced and have no value, confirmed by your words. Proximity probes, however, do have exact value which is much more than an arkhe for sure, you can't argue that. As a result, killing probe with an arkhe is a great unfair advantage, however, noone was punished for that, despite someone even used an a trial accounts which makes it even worse.

So the question is - why the EULA should work only in a way that suits you? Why arkhe pvpers shouldn't be punished?

"So the question is - why the EULA should work only in a way that suits you?"

We asked the same question so many times, it's not funny roll

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Perhaps its not a bug at all but a new direction devs are taking with the game. lol

Remove mining and industry from the game, make a few classes and the themepark is good to go. Great job, if this gets out its really going to help with the advertising.

CIR Complaint Form

"I cast MAGIC ROBOT DUPE on the TERMINAL"

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

So as far as everyone agreed, can we haz arkhe probe killerz be banneth too kthxbye

19 (edited by Ville 2012-07-02 12:18:49)

Line wrote:

While I'm not protecting anyone who may or may not using that "respawn"bug, I'd like to note here one thing: arkhes can't be produced and have no value, confirmed by your words. Proximity probes, however, do have exact value which is much more than an arkhe for sure, you can't argue that. As a result, killing probe with an arkhe is a great unfair advantage, however, noone was punished for that, despite someone even used an a trial accounts which makes it even worse.

So the question is - why the EULA should work only in a way that suits you? Why arkhe pvpers shouldn't be punished?

Because YOU as a player choose to place Probes in the clear open for anything with a gun to shoot it.  If it wasn't an arkhe, it would be an light bot, hell it could be a plated argano.  you couln't defend your station from some simple arkhes... tssk tssk..  AIG was defending a station during their prime time against waves of suicide bots running straight to the destruction SAP.  A Shame someone had to do that to them =/

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Line wrote:

Because YOU as a player choose to place Probes in the clear open for anything with a gun to shoot it.  If it wasn't an arkhe, it would be an light bot, hell it could be a plated argano.  you couln't defend your station from some simple arkhes... tssk tssk..  AIG was defending a station during their prime time against waves of suicide bots running straight to the destruction SAP.  A Dhame someone had to do that to them =/

Could be != was. It's YOU as a player choose to use free arkhe instead of any other bot. You KNEW that it's an advantage. You KNEW that it's doesn't seem right and legit to kill sthing for free. And even if it was not you using them, you KNEW that your mates doing that and you did NOTHING, cuz it suits YOU.

Account sharing was used by months and Syndic wasn't care, even stating that it's ok. Surprisingly, when it came to punishment he started to QQ on how cruel this world is and did ragequit. Not a word he broke EULA...ever! But look how care he is when others probably broke EULA! And we should ask ourself - if it will be some allied corp or even his own instead  - will he start to ragepost here? OH NO NO NO THIS IS SO RONG! BAN TEH %allied_corp_name%!!11oneone

I hardly believe that. So back to the question - WHY the EULA should work only in a way that suits YOU?

21 (edited by Ville 2012-07-02 12:28:30)

Line wrote:
Ville wrote:
Line wrote:

Because YOU as a player choose to place Probes in the clear open for anything with a gun to shoot it.  If it wasn't an arkhe, it would be an light bot, hell it could be a plated argano.  you couln't defend your station from some simple arkhes... tssk tssk..  AIG was defending a station during their prime time against waves of suicide bots running straight to the destruction SAP.  A Dhame someone had to do that to them =/

Could be != was. It's YOU as a player choose to use free arkhe instead of any other bot. You KNEW that it's an advantage. You KNEW that it's doesn't seem right and legit to kill sthing for free. And even if it was not you using them, you KNEW that your mates doing that and you did NOTHING, cuz it suits YOU.

Account sharing was used by months and Syndic wasn't care, even stating that it's ok. Surprisingly, when it came to punishment he started to QQ on how cruel this world is and did ragequit. Not a word he broke EULA...ever! But look how care he is when others probably broke EULA! And we should ask ourself - if it will be some allied corp or even his own instead  - will he start to ragepost here? OH NO NO NO THIS IS SO RONG! BAN TEH %allied_corp_name%!!11oneone

I hardly believe that. So back to the question - WHY the EULA should work only in a way that suits YOU?

Free Robots(obvious bug that was broken since the last patch) that was maliciously used to try to take an outposts SAP verus an Arkhe which has been in the game since launch.  Which can fit a weapon slot, you have to wait 10 mins for a free arkhe to respawn and and and is an acceptable game mechanic.  I'm sorry an arkhe is too much for hokkocarebeardupperstown to handle.

Line if your still raging about a couple of arkhes, I can't wait till you see what happens this week.  ^^

Your english degenerates when you get all fuuu .  Just sayin.

CIR Complaint Form

Truth be told, I don't want to see anyone banned.  Your going to need ALL of those players for the following weeks ahead; however, I hate to be the poor guy who has to dig through days worth of logs trying to find all the free robots and remove them.

But they can't be removed because it's always the same bot being lost X times in a row. And they can't really add a negative bot value, so asset-wipe or ban are the only options. Well, sweeping it under the carpet is also an option but I prefer to think that EULA applies equally to everyone.

CIR Complaint Form

Ville wrote:

Truth be told, I don't want to see anyone banned.  Your going to need ALL of those players for the following weeks ahead; however, I hate to be the poor guy who has to dig through days worth of logs trying to find all the free robots and remove them.

I would hope for more than that. Otherwise whoever does the next duping is going to just duplicate a thing, blow it up, duplicate it again and so on and claim no harm done. There's no difference in duping 9 bots and then blowing them up, or duping one bot and getting it blow and repeating it 9 times. Apparently the guys who did this do not want to understand this.