Topic: Interruptable Highways and Cloaking Generator

Hey everyone

I just had a small idea and wanted to share it with you to get some input to see if it has any chance to fit into the game.

So my idea is this: First there must be more and longer highways (player-build even). Then you can introduce a highway-hacking-tool which reprograms a stretch of highway to slow you down instead of speeding you up(should only be usable on beta) for some time. There are no visual clues to this and the reprogramming gets triggered only if someone uses the highway(like a proximity mine).

In oder to complete the trap you need a cloaking-generator. This should work roughly like this: First you have to place it on the ground like a teleport beacon(not within range of another one and not near terminals etc.) and wait for it to charge up. Once it is charged up it cloaks all bots standing inside its range that do not move and do not have any targets/are targeting something/are targeted by something. The beacon is only visible if you are very close to it (50m or something) but very easy to destroy. If you enter the range of the cloaking beacon you are not cloaked instantly but there is a cooldown depending on the bot type(the smaller, the faster).

Now you can sabotage a highway and lay waiting for an unsuspecting traveler.
The cloaking beacon like a teleporter has a limited lifetime.

Re: Interruptable Highways and Cloaking Generator

Cloaking generator by itself can be fun. But will it be balanced?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

ZUBO wrote:

Hey everyone

I just had a small idea and wanted to share it with you to get some input to see if it has any chance to fit into the game.

So my idea is this: First there must be more and longer highways (player-build even). Then you can introduce a highway-hacking-tool which reprograms a stretch of highway to slow you down instead of speeding you up(should only be usable on beta) for some time. There are no visual clues to this and the reprogramming gets triggered only if someone uses the highway(like a proximity mine).

In oder to complete the trap you need a cloaking-generator. This should work roughly like this: First you have to place it on the ground like a teleport beacon(not within range of another one and not near terminals etc.) and wait for it to charge up. Once it is charged up it cloaks all bots standing inside its range that do not move and do not have any targets/are targeting something/are targeted by something. The beacon is only visible if you are very close to it (50m or something) but very easy to destroy. If you enter the range of the cloaking beacon you are not cloaked instantly but there is a cooldown depending on the bot type(the smaller, the faster).

Cloaking generators would be awesome, that would immensely to available strategies.  The highways I'm not sure about.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Trade Lanes, Freelancer... any1 ?

that was basicly what i had requested for highways back when i made my first request topic for them:

highways sections neut-able, but affecting your and your corps standing towards the owner corp.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

ZUBO wrote:

Hey everyone

This is in game already but on gamma only its a masking tower

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

it's already in a static way, this idea was more for traps and roams. Similar mechanic, but different uses.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

=/ these things are called stealth towers.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.