1 (edited by Jasdemi 2012-07-06 20:40:02)

Topic: Mk2 CT drop rate

Problem:
The relation between drop rate and its worth between 50/100/150p Mk2 CTs is messed up.

I don't know the exact drop rates, but check out this example:
0p
50p = 20/100       => +50p (+1-2% ME, can produce 50% more items compared to 0p)   = +~55% more worth compared to 0p CT.

100p = 10/100     => +50p (+1-2% ME, can produce 50% more items compared to 50p)  = +~55% more worth compared to 50p CT.

150 = 1/100         => +50p(+1-2% ME, can produce 50% more items compared to 100p) = +~55% more worth compared to 150p CT.

See the problem? People will never pay over ~50% more NIC for 150p, even though it's 10 times more rare than 100p.

My suggestion:
Lower all drop rates to about (50% difference between each other):

50p = 2.25/100
100p = 1.5/100
150 = 1/100

<GargajCNS> Jasdemi: "worth" is pretty subjective

Not in this case, my friend.

2 (edited by Crepitus 2012-06-03 16:44:38)

Re: Mk2 CT drop rate

One of the devs stated in game the other day that your chance of finding any ct on beta was 1/100

edit: pre-patch, idk if that changed.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

it certainly seems so. I popped cans with 3-4 Cts, repeatedly

my record where 5 cts form a nui scientific II. and even more strange.. all combat bots. normaly the industrial stuff is found more often. stashes with multible cts can happen but are realy rare.. or you are just a lucky bastard as i have been once. but i also have to say that i did artefacting nearly for 2 months straight when i came into this game cause pve and other stuff was not realy a option for a new player with no extentions on beta. so i can say i scanned quite a few hundred artefacts. and this surely was the top.

the lucky one:
2x mesmer 75%
1x arbalest 50%
1x yagel 75%
1x yagel 50%

well that was quite some months ago ...

i did some statistics for that as well (but stated a bit late with it.). some corpmates also helped me to get the data together.
scanned artifacts total: 418
numbers are the drop change per artifact statisticly (rounded to one position after decimal point). but the numbers of the scientifc artefacts scanned are a little low for a good statistical result. anyway you shound have a idea with this.

Scientific1 scanned 39:
ct indu 50%: 0,2
ct indu 75%: 0
ct combat 50% 0,1
ct combat 75%: 0

Scientific2 scanned 36:
ct indu 50%: 0,3
ct indu 75%: 0,2
ct combat 50% 0,2
ct combat 75%: 0,1

Scientific3 scanned 20:
ct indu 50%: 0
ct indu 75%: 0,3
ct combat 50% 0
ct combat 75%: 0,1

of cource this is all pre gamma patch

Up!

it could they dropped the rate because 1 ct can be usefull for much longer now. less ct's will keep the market for them active. Even when they implement ct's blowing up at zero, with the point system mk ii ct's will still provide more bots per CT then the old system

artifact scanning is already impacted, previous drop rates would simply kill hte ct market.

True, the lifespan of all CT's just went up.  No need for a bunch of Mk2 cts drops anymore.  Although I would assume the few cts should be worth more because of their rarity.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Mk2 CTs sold since gamma patch: 0

Because you closed your shop wink Also everyone is spending their nic on arkhes, beacons and probes, so no wonder...

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

The new CT decrement of 3 pts per cycle will create a sunset on MK II ct's. I think the bigger issue is that the COST of making a MK II jumped up so high, that players aren't buying a ct even make 1 item anymore.

Jasdemi wrote:

Mk2 CTs sold since gamma patch: 0

thats because you wouldn't sell to me.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

HELLO DEVS, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? HELLO!

Any changes coming soon? Don't you *** get the problem? Mk2 CTs are too common for the revised industry mechanics.
It's just sad. The "Artifacts" channel was the most populated non-official channel in game, pre patch. Now it's a *** ghost town. You're killed this profession.

14 (edited by Annihilator 2012-07-01 23:19:16)

artifacting was never meant as "profession"

also, yourself was it that requested that MK2 CTs got increased point count.

if 75pt would now be the max for mk2 cts, their value would be more

you should rather request that mk2 cts degrade 10 points per cycle... not only 3. your CT price would skyrocket again wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

you should rather request that mk2 cts degrade 10 points per cycle... not only 3. your CT price would skyrocket again wink

dont feed the troll...

and besides that he talks as mk2 cts is the only thning you get out of artefacts....
-decoder
-incubator
-cortex
-t3 minus

all good stuff... and quite a bit more... so this is also a reasonable amount of income if you put it as a profession.

p.s.: a certain someone complains and demands too much...

Zortarg Calltar wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

dont feed the troll...

and besides that he talks as mk2 cts is the only thning you get out of artefacts....
-decoder
-incubator
-cortex
-t3 minus

all good stuff... and quite a bit more... so this is also a reasonable amount of income if you put it as a profession.

p.s.: a certain someone complains and demands too much...But gets results unlike the 4 man corp that is full of a bunch of cry babys.

Ville wrote:
Zortarg Calltar wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

dont feed the troll...

-decoder
-incubator
-cortex
-t3 minus

p.s.: a certain someone complains and demands too much...But gets results unlike the 4 man corp that is full of a bunch of cry babys.

always the same with the kiddys...
when reason fails... oh wait.. did you ever have that? then all that is left is assaulting and trolling. but not much more expected from you anyway.

O yes, this thread needs more love. Thank you, Zortarg!

Zortarg Calltar wrote:
Ville wrote:
Zortarg Calltar wrote:

dont feed the troll...

-decoder
-incubator
-cortex
-t3 minus

always the same with the kiddys...
when reason fails... oh wait.. did you ever have that? then all that is left is assaulting and trolling. but not much more expected from you anyway.

Oh... your right Zortag, I'm sorry for insulting you over the internet.  I hope you have a wonderful and magical day IRL.  See you later on buddy and old pal!

[21:14:49] <mqx> i've given up on CTs, donated all my stuff to corp as selling it is just pointless atm

Sad, just sad.

For me it makes no sense why you ignore this obvious issue. I've had probably 1b worth of Mk2 CTs pre expansions. Now it's all together probably worth 50m. ***, I probably couldn't sell it for that much, because none needs this USELESS ***!

Or don't you DEVs give a *** anymore, because the game is beyond repair and is going to die soon anyway? Hence your panic conference meeting?

As i see it, artifact hunting is completely unviable in its current form--at least as a means to gain NIC or in terms of time spent/reward. Are there plans to introduce any new items, high value items, to make hunting worthwhile again?

I artifact scan in a sequer on novaya.  Did almost 500 spawns in a week, found some yummy stuff.

150p Mk2 CTs are still not worth the effort. WHAT THE *** ***?! DEVS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! REALLY WTF.

A overall boost in Arty scanning would be nice, possibly L4's, or just a simple boost of L3's and L2's, leave L1's as is, they are just L1's.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13