1 (edited by Burial 2012-06-02 13:20:18)

Topic: Alternative methods of traveling

Right now, I am not masochist enought to enjoy the even longer walking from island to island. Humans are generally lazy species so why not think up of better ways to travel between islands?

Teleport beacons are one way but they do constantly need to be with you and they do cost 50k per pop(which is not bad of course once you have played for a bit.). The bad part is that they are 2U a piece.

Didnt want to make the thread under suggestions because I would like to start a discussion whether it is an issue and what do other people think.

PLEASE NOTE that I am not after easy-mode!

Does anyone have any good ideas for alternative methods of traveling between islands?

Re: Alternative methods of traveling

Spark teleport was mentioned a long time ago.

Yes I also wanted to start this forumpost.

So what we have? We have "kill arkhe and fly home" and teleporter beacon, who has NIC and has Arkhe use this method for transport, but Arkhe can used for the alfa terminals, outposts.

I thought an idea when i wanted to say that,

after we have that "cheep" teleporters to teleport why cant teleport your robot by own? What I mean you have an inside module in all robot and you need to charge it which cost is 50 000 k NIC and the activation time is some minute. 1 maybe. So this is an idea which can start the thinking (becase this is not the best idea and has many problems).

And yes spark teleports also.

But I see and want to show 1 important thing the DEVs need to decide what they want, they want "far" places (or big world) or want other way.  So that question not so easy what it looks like.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

+1 for spark teleport.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

wtb hearthstones !

+1 for spark teleport.

+1 for spark teleport too. Suiciding just to travel is dumb and broken game mechanic.

^^This.I've been playing just over 1 month now.Travelling is the number 1 problem I have with Perp..
And now that all the inner islands are in 1 big circle jerk of teleports is the dumbest thing I've seen in this game so far.
If I as a player thinks that it's going to take me 1 hour to travel to another island to do missions for that other corporation,I'm just going to say screw that..And then when it comes time to pay for another month,I'm going to say screw that too...:(
I actually really like this game,and I don't want to leave it,but please think of something else to make travel easier then what is available now.....

Spark... teleport... now... why is that feature taking so long anyways?

I also think that we need more without-route teleporters on islands for teleport beacon usage. Like 1-2 more per islands, basically where lots of empty areas area that dont have teleport access otherwise.

Takeda Honzo wrote:

^^This.I've been playing just over 1 month now.Travelling is the number 1 problem I have with Perp..
And now that all the inner islands are in 1 big circle jerk of teleports is the dumbest thing I've seen in this game so far.
If I as a player thinks that it's going to take me 1 hour to travel to another island to do missions for that other corporation,I'm just going to say screw that..And then when it comes time to pay for another month,I'm going to say screw that too...:(
I actually really like this game,and I don't want to leave it,but please think of something else to make travel easier then what is available now.....

+1, I hope the DEVs are reading posts like this.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

More highways!

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Takeda Honzo wrote:

If I as a player thinks that it's going to take me 1 hour to travel... I'm just going to say screw that..And then when it comes time to pay for another month,I'm going to say screw that too...:(

Many of you new guys don't know this but early on in the game (read before a large tele network and highways) people used to complain about travel times.  1 hour to go here, 1 hour to go there...

Then they took the extreme position and made it easy to get anywhere quickly by increasing the tele network and adding highways.

Today, we are back to where we were when the game first came out, long travel times.  At least we have highways, but with a much more restrictive tele network.

Always black or white.

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

14 (edited by Burial 2012-06-08 10:31:14)

I guess more connected and longer highways would be awesome too.

highway speed + 50%-100%

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Im for highway speeds depending on a bot's normal speed. Also A spark transfer system would be nice, but I would limit it to stations / outposts / colonies that that specific player already has a bot in, and charge NIC for the transfer too.

Spark jumping is coming soon tm

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Heyterlo wrote:

Im for highway speeds depending on a bot's normal speed. Also A spark transfer system would be nice, but I would limit it to stations / outposts / colonies that that specific player already has a bot in, and charge NIC for the transfer too.

the fixed 36kph + buff from highways was the best thing they could do.

if highways would give a % speed buff, you would see light ewars running 200kph on highways, while the average hauler would just gain a few kph.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I didn't bother reading most of this but I assume everyone has caught onto the fact that teleporters now are so cheap it doesn't really make sense not to use them for any trip.

They're super cheap and if you're moving more then one account it just makes this a no brainer.

time and distance is good as is ....

travel is cheap with teleports

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

The devs did mention the introduction of follow npc bots called taxis or something a while back, actually that could be a good idea.

RIP PERPETUUM

22 (edited by Aaron Sool 2012-06-08 22:13:16)

Or just fix so the autopilot works flawlessly. tongue

Autopilot likes to troll you and run your mechs into mob spawns and stop.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.