Topic: server crashes

OK, here's the question: I have been here before and now I came back to play for a while. I started a new guy and every time I get into a fight/mine for more than 15 minutes/ or start harvesting anything I get a server crash. I sent in two tickets one replied that mining isn't a real movement of any kind, therefore standing mining allows you to be thought of as AFK and they shut you down. Thats what they said anyways, so I tried everything, mining and moving from time to time and then hunting instead, and even with bots chasing me and me shooting back, server crashes, and back to my login. A lot of times it didn't even restart for me, and I had to go all the way back to the desktop and come back because the search said it couldn't find the server.

I'm trying to be fair here, not trying to blame the game or my setup, which works great for everything online except here. I have a quad core with 3.0 and a Geforce gt 440 card, and 6 gig in ram, I really don't think that's the problem. Anyone else having server crashes fairly often? I paid for the month but its really starting to get to me, cant mine more than an Arke full without a shut down and just got another while fighting with 4 drones while running away, so that's not lack of movement..lol.

Re: server crashes

By "server crash" I suppose you mean a disconnect?

yes, a disconnect, it throws me back to the login, goes through the whole...searching for server, server not found, sometimes it does, then I log in again, it says, I'm already logged in on another machine, which is false, I live alone...but it counts it that way. I log in again, get my character turn and run from bad guys, and before I get back to camp, I'm back on the login again. If I mine, sometimes it just shuts me off, my ticket got answered saying that mining is not an activity, therefore, it doesn't count towards keeping you on the game and it thinks I'm AFK.

I play Eve online, Steam including XTC/XAP/ and a few others, I use this machine for news, tv streaming videos, and no problem, but here...I cant play for an hour without getting tossed out. I even heard some odd 'burrrr' noise while running away from bad guys once before a shut down, and never did before..I like the game even did some fan fiction for it before, but its driving me nuts trying to figure out why it doing this.

When it tells you that you're "already logged in on another machine", it usually means that your previous connection wasn't closed properly, so I don't think this happens due to some afk mechanic. The reason is more like your connection to us. Where are you located?

Pa, east coast of the USA. I have  a 3 meg per sec internet DSL, and it hasn't given me any troubles, even watching movies or playing other games..The original setup was something like...1200xsomething for the resolution and my screen standard is 1900x1000..I think, I changed that, but that shouldn't be the problem. If it keeps going like this....I'll play until my month runs out, a little at a time, then delete it from my machine.

Hi, sorry to butt in but I have followed your thread and have figured out the solution.

Please add an "L" as your middle initial.

That is all.

OH GOD AC SHAME ON YOU!! Y U DIDN'T CHANGED HIS CRAPPY ISP??? fuuu YYYYYYY????!!!!!!111oneoneeleven

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line, don't you have a bridge to live under?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

No. Care to build me one?

Samual Jackson wrote:

Pa, east coast of the USA. I have  a 3 meg per sec internet DSL, and it hasn't given me any troubles, even watching movies or playing other games..The original setup was something like...1200xsomething for the resolution and my screen standard is 1900x1000..I think, I changed that, but that shouldn't be the problem. If it keeps going like this....I'll play until my month runs out, a little at a time, then delete it from my machine.

Your problem is a *** path of intermediate hops back to the server in Budapest.

This is something which has been a problem for literally everyone outside of Europe since the game started.

Your only chance is that your route to the server changes and you get a more reliable one.  There is literally nothing you can do outside of trying to use a proxy or whatnot to change the path, or one of those vpn services...

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

thats not the route problem AFAIK - such message you can get only in two ways - when someone is on your acc or when your ISP has disconnect you and changed IP.

Either way, it doesn't look like the problem is going to go away anytime soon. TY for the answers, I'll have to weigh wither the fun I get from shooting things as worth the mess of getting thrown out too frequently.

Line wrote:

No. Care to build me one?

I have built three already.  You can come to America, there is plenty of space.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Perhaps this will help, perhaps not.

Go to:
Control panel - device management - network cards - pick your network card - (right click) properties - energy management - uncheck computer may disable this device to save energy

Vehacan..ty for the advice, did that right after I got my machine. It never shuts down anyways when I'm using the internet, but it did when I'm offline playing other single player games, so learned about that quick.If I played a single player game for an hour, then when I quit, I had to reset my card before going online, but it isn't made to shut down if your using it, only when it isn't needed.

Got a driver update for my video card today, and the second I tried getting on Perpetuum, I got a message saying that it was an incompatible program. I ran the trouble shooter and it went on about could not start the direct x, or some nonsense, so I restarted the game by going back to the previous setup, and then reloading the last update, I found 2 new comments under 'compatibility' that were never there before, something about ignoring the desktop settings, and another about not using something if trying to run at high (1080p) levels. So now I'm running at the generic settings just like originally, and after an hour and a half, no crashes or disconnects. Did notice some small rubber-banding in fights with drones, but not bad. I got a message when I got it started saying that window had to drop to win 7 basic for the colors needed to run it...but it working at least.

Does your video card supports Shaders 3.0? New graphics are based on it.

Specifications
Connections
Interface Type     PCI Express 2.0
Connector(s)     DVI
      HDMI
      VGA
Multiple Monitors Support     Yes
Max. Monitors Supported     2
Lifestyle
Chipset     NVIDIA GeForce
GPU Series     NVIDIA GeForce 400 Series
Lifestyle     Performance
Performance
GPU/VPU     GeForce GT 440
Maximum Resolution     2560 x 1600
Additional Features     NVIDIA CUDA
      PhysX by NVIDIA
      NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Ready
Maximum Analog Resolution     2048 x 1536
Maximum Digital Resolution     2560 x 1600
Video Card Profile     Standard
      Dual-Slot
Memory
Memory Type     GDDR5
Memory Interface     128-bit
Video Memory     1024MB
Stream Processors     96
Core Clock     822 MHz
Memory Clock     3200 MHz
Shader Clock     1644 MHz
Features
Overclocked     Yes
APIs     DirectX 11
1080p Support     Yes
Video Output     DVI
      HDMI
      VGA
Low Profile     No
Cooling Type     Fan
Specification Notes
Specification Notes     [6] To provide the most accurate specifications, the specifications listed are base upon information provided by the vendor.

thats my card, I think its ok for here...

Shader model 5.0 you're good.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

After all this messing around, the answer to my original problem as: I was running win 7 Areo..or however you spell it, and Perpetuum wasn't compatible with it, so I had to change my setup to win 7 Basic, for a different color scheme or something having to do with DX, but now it works ok, but the change messed 7 up a lot of my other stuff, like all my auto passwords and sign ins from several sites are now gone, and I cant even use auto sign in even for MSN because it now makes me sign in manually every time. To be honest, the game is ok, but if I'd known all this when it started giving me troubles, and getting error messages saying it wasn't compatible, I would have played something else instead of losing all the stuff I lost when it converted back to basic...

I'm pretty sure it's not Perpetuum that's not compatible with Aero, as I am using it under it, and a lot of others too without any problems. And I'm also pretty sure that neither Perpetuum nor the change to basic color scheme messes with your saved passwords... your browser is the only thing that can do it (if we take away faulty HDDs and data corruption).

it sounds to me like you may have a deeper problem then just a game crashing every so often... to me its almost like you have a virus or other such things on your computer. whens the last time you did a good scan and such. this just does not sound like it has anything to do with perpetuum.. also when you roll your computer back to previous settings all your passwords and other data like that that's stored in temp files gets deleted. same with cookies and other such stuff if im not mistaken... so that could be where some of your problems are. but i would make sure you are up to date all your virus scanner and do a full scan see if it finds anything.

Is your Windows licensed? big_smile Cuz those self-made builds from torrents doesn't work correctly.

24 (edited by Crepitus 2012-06-08 11:42:39)

DEV Zoom wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's not Perpetuum that's not compatible with Aero, as I am using it under it, and a lot of others too without any problems. And I'm also pretty sure that neither Perpetuum nor the change to basic color scheme messes with your saved passwords... your browser is the only thing that can do it (if we take away faulty HDDs and data corruption).

+1, I use win 7 ultimate 64 bit and switch between 5 clients using aero without issue.

EDIT:  All my installs are from technet per Line's comment wink

Population graphs

Samual Jackson wrote:

After all this messing around, the answer to my original problem as: I was running win 7 Areo..or however you spell it, and Perpetuum wasn't compatible with it, so I had to change my setup to win 7 Basic, for a different color scheme or something having to do with DX, but now it works ok, but the change messed 7 up a lot of my other stuff, like all my auto passwords and sign ins from several sites are now gone, and I cant even use auto sign in even for MSN because it now makes me sign in manually every time. To be honest, the game is ok, but if I'd known all this when it started giving me troubles, and getting error messages saying it wasn't compatible, I would have played something else instead of losing all the stuff I lost when it converted back to basic...

This sounds like some kind of weird video config you have going to me.  Are you trying to run Perp in an older windows version's "compatibility" mode?  If so, don't. What is your color depth? It should be 32 bit on the desktop.  What resolution are you using for your regular display and what are you using in game and what mode?  Do you use something like the nvidia controls to force settings on programs or anything at all similar? I like windowed mode maximized, I haven't tried the borderless one yet. *shrug*

Population graphs