Topic: [Question] Artefacting and Gamma

how will the artefacting be build into gamma islands?

will there be new artefact types?
will there be the old artefact types with better loot? (alpha<beta<gamma)
will there be the same artefacts and the same loot as beta islands? (beta=gamma)

will this be build in from the start or will that come later?

Re: [Question] Artefacting and Gamma

Excellent question.

Also, I would hope that if there are artifacts, that they would follow the same rules as ore, basically not under buildings, but maybe in places that you can't reach without terraforming.

Artifacts should not spawn on impassable terrain. Because after 1 hr of artifacting they will all end up there and what? Flatten the island for the sake of artifacting?

Yes, tell us moar.

Mark Zima wrote:

Artifacts should not spawn on impassable terrain. Because after 1 hr of artifacting they will all end up there and what? Flatten the island for the sake of artifacting?

Artifacting is really an interesting question there, but I don't really think letting artifacts appear on just passable terrain would be a good solution since it could be terraformed into inpassable terrain by someelse while you're searching for it and that would have a need to reset the artifact list (at least the ones that are not reachable anymore) with every terraforming going on.
Even with the mentioned passages where terraforming isn't possible, restricting artifact to those passable unformable terrains would be plain boring.

No new artifact types for now.

Loot won't change, the only difference between beta and gamma will be that gamma artifacts will drop Scarab Mk2 CTs.

Spawning rules will be the same as for minerals (anywhere except under buildings).

does that mean, already spawned artifacts will be reset if someone places a building ontop of it afterwards?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Alright Dev Zoom thank you for this Awesome information!  I always wanted to spend 20 mins tracking down an artifact then have to terraform a mountain down just to get some flawed gear!  Awesome!  This Expansion and Industry Pack was so well thought out and great!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville  ... shhhh  <.<    >.>

The plan is to get someone else to flatten an island looking for artifacts, so we don't have to do it to mine.

So whens MechWarrior Online coming out again?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

DEV Zoom wrote:

No new artifact types for now.

Loot won't change, the only difference between beta and gamma will be that gamma artifacts will drop Scarab Mk2 CTs.

Spawning rules will be the same as for minerals (anywhere except under buildings).

thx for the info