Topic: Afk mining with trial account ok?

Is it a violation against the EULA if I create some trial accounts to do mining operations with Sequer?
Just don't want to loose my stuff, if I did it that way, so I ask before hand.

Re: Afk mining with trial account ok?

afk mining is a very acceptbale profession in perpetuum.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Personally, i think combining several trial-accounts with the exploit of the broken AFK-logout mechanic and broken roaming NPCs, is a violation of this rule:

* It is strictly forbidden to use any errors or bugs in the game system to gain any kind of advantage in or outside the game.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Roaming ore may make this obsolete anyway. Not because it will move from under you, but 2-3 sequars in a spot will be a beacon for other players to come over and mine there.

This of course, is using the term AFK to actually mean you are away for extended periods of time, and not simply tabbed out or watching tv.

Isn't this like just asking: Can I AFK in terminal with my trial accounts? Ofc you can. Not too sure about the AFK-logout mechanic being a bug, and assuming you are taking advantage. Careful with what we don't want to allow, every trail account could be a potential subscriber.

RIP PERPETUUM

yep, everyone of these 10 liquizit sucking sequers is a potential subscriber, and the t4-nexus buffer inbetween is just a friendly player helping each of those 10 possible subscribers on their 12h AFK mining operation.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Right now with low pop, this is a non-issue, compared to what a riv mk2 can suck out per hour. Maybe he enjoys it a lot mining liquids and subscribes, who knows. At this point no need to be so cynical about RMT.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Right now with low pop, this is a non-issue, compared to what a riv mk2 can suck out per hour. Maybe he enjoys it a lot mining liquids and subscribes, who knows. At this point no need to be so cynical about RMT.

Agree here.

9 (edited by Vesta 2012-04-30 09:30:06)

Several answers form Players, but no reaction from Devs (which are the only able to give reasonable answer).
Did you miss this post? Or is there no clear line atm?

I don't think it's against the EULA, more like we currently have some broken/missing mechanics that would prevent you doing it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I don't think it's against the EULA, more like we currently have some broken/missing mechanics that would prevent you doing it.

LoL, now we are back to my first answer in this topic. AFK mining with haulers is not forbidden, but only possible due to broken game mechanics...

the main question, if i can use free trials for anything i want to gain me a subscription free advantage - is still unanswered

We had trial limits in place, and then everyone was like "remove the limitations, it spoils the trial experience".
We have removed them, and now it's suddenly a bad thing because you realized we can't distinguish how everyone uses the trial.

I agree with what Celebro said.

DEV Zoom wrote:

We had trial limits in place, and then everyone was like "remove the limitations, it spoils the trial experience".
We have removed them, and now it's suddenly a bad thing because you realized we can't distinguish how everyone uses the trial.

I agree with what Celebro said.

Trial limits are bad.
1 trial account per IP is good.

Do it.

Wait Whoa, I need new gate Scouts then I will have to continue spoofing the IPs of my other computers, like how I had to access the forums that one time  fuuu  Trials are ok in place.

deja vue...

insurance based on robot market prices
- DEV said its no issue
- player said: if its no issue, we can build cheap sequer and blow up 1k of them
-> a 24h serverdown and a corp without assets + temp-banned leader

Wait, using trial accounts is now an exploit?

i have no problem if ppl use trial accounts for minor tasks. if it is not overdone like 10 sequer afk mining.

but having a hauler alt or afk mining from time to time is not a big issue. besides if ppl stay one of these trilas may become a real industry char one day... so its a gain.

and if even a dev seen no problem atm then i see no further need for a discussion.

do things in moderation and all is fine...

Just throwing this out there.

Most PC's can run 2 or 3 instances of Perp fairly easily, and some PC's could run 10 accounts.

However, the players that would typically run 10 accounts, are also paying for multiple accounts.

Doing the math, which would be better, running 10 trial sequars, or 4 riveler MK II accounts?

It's a trick question, because the answer is to run both. smile

AFK mine over night with the 10 sequar accounts, and run the paid accounts during your normal playing time.

Although, technically, you'd still be better off just running the (4) accounts with afk scarabs. Or, in the case of the roaming spawns, AFK tanked Lithus's (although, I'd be surprised to see even a tanked Lithus survive the neuting/draining indy bots with mechs dps on alpha II).

Roaming spawns are so 2011...   Least that's when the worked Lolol.

So a T1 Trail Termis is 20% of a Riv mk 2 output i tested 9 clients and only hit 70% of my PC's resources.

Judging by this thread this is a acceptable means to mine and thus i can only conclude that it is time to begin the Operation "Epi-Less"

So the Devs know here is what i am about to establish for eHarm.

I will be setting up a installation on my desktop with 10 installations of PO optimized for purely running these accounts and no Admin rights to my PC. I will giving my trusted corp mates access to this PC to remotely access to allow them to run there own 10 trail accounts in the event i am away and not running mine.

10 is a estimated number as i have not tested yet the max i can achieve on my system.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:

So a T1 Trail Termis is 20% of a Riv mk 2 output i tested 9 clients and only hit 70% of my PC's resources.

Judging by this thread this is a acceptable means to mine and thus i can only conclude that it is time to begin the Operation "Epi-Less"

So the Devs know here is what i am about to establish for eHarm.

I will be setting up a installation on my desktop with 10 installations of PO optimized for purely running these accounts and no Admin rights to my PC. I will giving my trusted corp mates access to this PC to remotely access to allow them to run there own 10 trail accounts in the event i am away and not running mine.

10 is a estimated number as i have not tested yet the max i can achieve on my system.

so much for moderation...

and then ppl wonder when a bann or new reules and restrictions have to come along.

lemon .. grow up...

Obvious troll is obvious.  Besides the remote desktop feature lags like a mofo.  I prefer the dedicated server I am UPSing Lemon.

23 (edited by Lemon 2012-05-01 16:41:02)

Ville wrote:

Obvious troll is obvious.  Besides the remote desktop feature lags like a mofo.  I prefer the dedicated server I am UPSing Lemon.

We discussed it last night and found the solution to the lag is to aquire a Corp Cloud Desktop.

This will give us a obsurd connection to the actual server and stream-line our connections to it as well as give us the necessary resources to run how ever many accounts. Me and arga are looking in to pricing ill talk with you later ;D

P.S. Who care if lags? your mining

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Go for it, remember you are walking a thin line with this tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Go for it, remember you are walking a thin line with this tongue

Hey hey now dont make it look like i am taking advantage of anything here! i just dont want to me left out or fall behind from the guys ive spotted mass trail mining already fuuu

I hate mining -_- thus i make it available for others to do big_smile

Undefeated 2013