Topic: Let's Play Perpetuum on YouTube

Hey,

a short while ago I started an LP of Perpetuum in YouTube, it's a type of video where people usually record their gameplay and commentate it. Some find it boring, others entertaining to watch, or have it run in the background or on another screen.

I built in some short montages into episodes before,
- Arkhe Mk2 excerpt, after starting a new character and walking people unfamiliar through the very early game.
- Mining on Telessis excerpt, after changing back to my main char.

I first played Ppm during closed beta but shortly after the release I had to move towns and wait for my ISP a couple of weeks, and I never picked up playing until recently. That said, I hadn't played in a long time, so feel free to correct me in the video's comments, I know now that got quite a few things wrong ;)

Also if you find a place that you feel, this is a good thing to bring attention to Perpetuum, feel free to link it. Of course I'm open to suggestions but there's only so much I can do. As to the reason why I did it, it's fun, mostly.. fun but quite some work. I split my time quite a lot nowadays, to not do too much of just one thing and burn out, but I hope to get a little more done by next week before I start a new job.

As for permissions to use the gameplay footage and the images from the media kit, I asked beforehand, and it makes the videos so much more better. Also thanks for making me re-do the old intro, it really is horrible compared to the new one heh.

And of course Kevin MacLeod, who makes his royalty-free music available under the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution, I couldn't really afford commercial licenses I mostly do in my spare time with no profit in mind. I found that his library always has something that works perfectly for me.

Let me know what you think :)

~Ulvi

The playlist: Let's Play Perpetuum (5 episodes)

Bakers trade recipes on a knead to know basis.

Re: Let's Play Perpetuum on YouTube

Love it! nice work.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Thank you Ulviirala for this videos!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Thanks for making these videos.

Looks awesome! Keep up the good work! smile

Great stuff!

Very nice videos, great music; keep them coming.

RIP PERPETUUM

Wow, thanks for the positive feedback, I didn't expect getting like no criticism at all or "meh.. who watches these kind of videos anyway?" replies heh... unless, there's a hidden message! *looks around suspiciously* you want me to keep going to find all my hidden mineral stashes for sure. ;)

meh... who watches these kind of videos anyway ...

I brought balance to this thread. Kneel down before me nao!

10 (edited by Ulviirala 2012-04-27 21:57:53)

Jasdemi wrote:

meh... who watches these kind of videos anyway ...

I brought balance to this thread. Kneel down before me nao!

You're right, who watches these anyway. I do know a handful of them, and they probably watch it all over again, that's why it counts so many views. Poor sobs wink

On a sidenote, I made two excerpts about harvesting and hauling from the new episode 6.

Didn't find the time to play in the last few weeks, but I have a new laid back job next week, and probably find some more time playing again. And stuff. At least it seemed like it, in the interview today.

Hah, that musical part in the middle was adorable, loved the harvesting timelapse too smile

edit: ah yes, the one you linked separately too, awesome smile

I actually saw the video via facebook, while at work and thought it was great.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Thanks for putting these up; they are cute and cannot do anything but help the game. smile

very nice work... keep it up!