Topic: Highlight modules for which extensions missing

Basically what the title suggests, in the equip window the modules that extensions are missing for should be highlighted in red.

Motivation: A lot of new players are confused as to why they can't undock. This should make it clearer, and avoids them having to check info on every single module.

Re: Highlight modules for which extensions missing

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Basically what the title suggests, in the equip window the modules that extensions are missing for should be highlighted in red.

Motivation: A lot of new players are confused as to why they can't undock. This should make it clearer, and avoids them having to check info on every single module.

Either this or they wont be able to fit them until they get the appropriate extension.

Aaron Sool wrote:

Either this or they wont be able to fit them until they get the appropriate extension.

we had that before, and as corp manager fitting and insuring bots for corp wasnt possible if you didnt have all the extensions to use that bot yourself - sucked.

but i agree with title - mark modules that you dont have the extensions for with a red frame or overlay

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1. easy fix, big gains.

i like this idea +1

i think to go a bit further.

fitted bots that you can not use should ahve some kind of mark on them as well. or a light highlight effect on them. that should apply for private storrage as well as for corporation hangars.

additionaly i would like to see that you can still activate these bot (what you cant atm).

Agreed, and not only are the highlights/borders useful in general, but new players would find the head's-up very good.  Many, many times I have answered in Help, "What does it mean if it says I cannot exit the terminal without and extension"?

+1

+1

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Well, logically, we shouldn't be able to fit sthing we don't have extensions for, but yes, thats a solution too. +1

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086