Topic: New Players Suggestions

I am a new player to Perpetuum, and I really like it so far, however would like to do a  couple suggestions.In my opinion to be even more attractive to new players with a few changes:
1. I think the number/variety of missions should increase, to be more rewarding and have some story background
2. Since the background story is there I think the 3 races should actively seem in war to support the story, like fight each other etc
3. Tutorial needs to be better and cover important aspects someone should know. Not all come from EVE, which means they need to know about everything from zero basis - be more new player friendly

Re: New Players Suggestions

I have a question to you:

what is your opinion on the walls of text during character creation? -
- did you read everything?
- did you understand everything that you have read?
- did you notice the (un)importance of your faction choice?
- did you notice the imporance of your school choice regarding begginer extensions?
- did you start with the tutorial, right off the batch, or did you close that window at first login?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yes, what I notice, is the background story is there and devs can build up on it but its not executed ingame(doesnt seem to apply, since there isnt war among the 3). I did read everything, including tutorial, despite being long texts, but on char creation its not clear what advantages the robots got when picking something, in other words, picking kinda by luck one of the 3, cause none reads guides BEFORE first login on a game. The tutorial, doesnt get to explain the important things either, gives me a feel of being unfinished, so basically ended up needing to ask many things(for someone not coming from EVE could be lots more though). Was also told tha blue robots(which I chose) are junk by a couple pilots who started a blue. I dont know if they are right or wrong but Isnt it supposed to be balanced though for the existence of Three races(and not one) to matter?

The guy who told you blue bots are junk is flat wrong.

Every bot in this game has a role and depending on your play style you may or may not want to pilot blue/green/yellow.

I would figure out how you see your self in the game and in battle and then ask for advice on what bot you should be using.

nice to see new blood in game good luck out there

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

5 (edited by Burial 2012-03-29 15:58:10)

Blue bots are pretty much like any other bots. I think blue bots are best bots if you are playing them right. Same can be said about other colors.

Doesnt really matter what color you pick, all of the bots work well with right amount of EP and skill.

6 (edited by Monomaxos 2012-03-29 18:34:01)

Ty for advice, was thinking if I should remain blue, how I found out to best to play is with actual repair tanking(got a good bonus on it), rather rangetanked so far at least(using Arbalest) as for the suggestions I made here, arent to complain or flame, but more for DEVs to know from a new players perspective. I think if they just worked these few things, missions, tutorial and story to apply in game, it will catch the eye of anyone taking a trial and would in turn give them more active players who sub, make it more active for the old players too, give pvpers too more people to PVP(PVE content gives the basics, the cash and the tools to pvp, so without pve, there isnt pvp)

Monomaxos wrote:

Ty for advice, was thinking if I should remain blue, how I found out to best to play is with actual repair tanking(got a good bonus on it), rather rangetanked so far at least(using Arbalest) as for the suggestions I made here, arent to complain or flame, but more for DEVs to know from a new players perspective. I think if they just worked these few things, missions, tutorial and story to apply in game, it will catch the eye of anyone taking a trial and would in turn give them more active players who sub, make it more active for the old players too, give pvpers too more people to PVP(PVE content gives the basics, the cash and the tools to pvp, so without pve, there isnt pvp)

Yeah I agree too, I think that's what the devs would be tackling next, or at least should be. Blue bots are fine btw, all factions are pretty well balanced, just find the right one for your play style.

RIP PERPETUUM