Topic: A few ideas around balance

Work / life balance is a bit of a problem in this game. You cannot casually play as there is very little to do that lasts an hour or two.

Now:

1)    All alpha islands should contain the same mineral spread
2)    All mk1 bots and mechs up to ew mech should contain no epriton nor noralgis. Rebalance cost through an increase in other minerals.
3)    All t1 and t2 items including headslots should not require epriton nor noralgis
4)    All t3 items should contain no noralgis
5)    Missions up to level 5 should be available on alpha. Missions would go up to ‘level three beacon’ level of bots and would NOT give kernals but would be a nic source. Missions above level two would require scanning like artefacts to pop the spawn.

This is done to make alpha living bearable for the casual player and provide not only a reasonable amount of nic and therefore stimulate market activity but also the basis for low level production to allow a corp or individual to be self-sufficient from a basic level to begin pvp.  You shouldn’t have to play a game in five hour stretches to enjoy it. This should make epriton less valuable, pvp mechs and ew bots more accessible and therefore make higher tech cheaper and roaming pvp cheaper.

Later:

Gamma and PBS:

6)    All beta islands should have all minerals with the exception of epriton reduced to alpha levels
7)    All gamma islands should have all red mineral fields but no epriton
8)    PBS should be the only place that certain bots / mechs can be built. This would be instead of introducing a specific mineral to gamma islands. This would make living on the island a necessity to build them rather than a protected mining op / ninja op.
9)    Exclusive to PBS built new / MKIII bots introduced
The risk of Gamma is that we empty Beta when it is introduced.  The trick then would be to make Beta the place where people go but not live and Gamma the place where people live but are required to get resources from other areas. It becomes then a process of making gamma just desirable enough to get people to live there but making those people spend their time moving between islands rather than living behind their walls.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: A few ideas around balance

+1 All this makes sense to me. Btw t1 needs no noralgis or epitron right now.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

+1 All this makes sense to me. Btw t1 needs no noralgis or epitron right now.

head slots dont need epi?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

No T1 should have Epi in as of 3-4 patchs ago... If you find one report it in bugs otherwise....

+1 I support this

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

5 (edited by Hunter 2012-03-13 11:30:09)

TLDR.
About Espitium - removing from t1 was most stupid thing for all times. Casual players MUST HAVE access to t3 equipment without stepping to beta islands.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

other than 8 and 9 seems like u just want to get everything easyer, and it doesnt have anything to do with being able to do more stuff if you have less time. it just seems to me that u want more money in less time. Hell you can even mine some if you just got a half hour and you can trade with that if you dont want to go and find resources that arent near your base

Hunter wrote:

TLDR.
About Espitium - removing from t1 was most stupid thing for all times. Casual players MUST HAVE access to t3 equipment without stepping to beta islands.

I step foot into Beta all the time in T1 and kill Arganos, and helpless miners all the time.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

This is quite brilliant i hope DEV's take heed!

My Nationality: Swedish

My favourite Quote: "You can never be too rich or too thin, or have too much foreskin"
Letters of urology

Dead thread stop bumping your old threads Jita.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.