1 (edited by Karism 2012-04-15 12:47:04)

Topic: Changes i'd like to see.

I did run a search for this but i couldn't find a specific topic relating to this, excuse me if i missed something

While it is of not immediant need, it would be nice to have a overhual of the current squad system that allows for far more control / organisation.

http://i.imgur.com/oHUSY.jpg

(Quick Draft of what i'd like it to be more like)

Excuse the use of the word "division", i couldn't think of a better wording.

If anyone has any other ideas / suggestions of what they would like in a more complex Squad interface, post it here.

Re: Changes i'd like to see.

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Fleet_User_Interface

That's a good place to start from.

Karism wrote:

I did run a search for this but i couldn't find a specific topic relating to this, excuse me if i missed something

While it is of not immediant need, it would be nice to have a overhual of the current squad system that allows for far more control / organisation.

http://i.imgur.com/oHUSY.jpg

(Quick Draft of what i'd like it to be more like)

Excuse the use of the word "division", i couldn't think of a better wording.

If anyone has any other ideas / suggestions of what they would like in a more complex Squad interface, post it here.

Awesum, just awesum.
Options can be hidden behind the tab similar to filters in landmarks window.
"Divisions" can be simply called (squad) groups.
Personally I only feel the need for "hide offline/offrange" and "X can invite" options now. But the rest will surely be useful later.
Hopefully, none of these goodies will require training some retarted new extensions.

Tonnik wrote:

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Fleet_User_Interface

That's a good place to start from.

Bleh.

+1 for more *** extensions.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

5 (edited by Karism 2012-03-16 21:14:40)

Thats for bumping the thread ville, even if it is just to post crap.

Looks like you can't do that anymore big_smile

I got 9 accounts, I will make them pull an all nighter.

Crusader wrote:

I got 9 accounts, I will make them pull an all nighter.

Good luck with that big_smile

+1

Best layed out plan I've seen instead of just QQing that it needs a re-work you actually put your ideas on paper(website) and it seems to be a solid improvment. I would like to see this.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

9 (edited by Karism 2012-04-15 12:52:25)

Thought i'd just add some stuff to this, instead of making a whole new topic.

http://i.imgur.com/MBE3j.jpg

In this image are some changes that i would like to see, some are more important than others, the idea is to balance some of the gameplay, move the early warning of beta away from gates/teleports(so detectors/probes have more important roles instead of just 1 day old trial accounts),  and make some of the modules that are never used more appealing.

Karism I don't know how I feel about changing all pelistals away from recharge to shield bonus... I do think that some bots would be better off and that an enhanced buffer tank but at the same time that would greatly hurt the Tyranos active tanking potential (which one could argue is overpowered with the right extensions I guess).

Also target markers do have their uses (countering masked fleets/probes), I would say removing them would be premature.

Those teleporter changes are great as well as allowing you to jump between beta islands flagged (though I still think the PvP flag system in this game is rather ***).

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Hm. I do like the squad system, this goes without saying something needs to be done with squads and overall how nexus can be applied.

Shields still need a reworking in my humble opinion.
Ville needs banned again for being a complete dumbass on the forums, yes again.
Not too sure about the solution for akhe scouts, personally I would rather see "better" ways to get in and off islands.
The Green "debuff" is just to counter the Troiar Mk2, of which is not over powered at all.  Fast firing assaults will break it easy.

As for the unused mods, those look, well ok, but not promising.  A "debuff" gun, I think, does not fit this game at all.  I would rather see, either Racial ECM, or something of different.  (More so, add stuff don't change it.)

My thoughts

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Lol at most of those suggestions...

Debuff-weapons are already on the todo list, but for what? atm DpS >>>>>> HpS (except shields)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

13 (edited by Inda 2012-04-16 11:57:02)

I think some idea is doable and at least show some problem.

If not a problem I will tell you here some thing what now I would like to change.

Yagel Mk2 and other light Mk2 fittings:
The fitting oportunity differencies is too much I think, with prometheus mk2 you nearly dont have any fitting problem,  with COMMON things, if you have good fitting skills, with Yagel you have trouble to fit this machine, I say that after I have incredibly fitting extension but i cant fitting just COMMON things to my Yagel mk2 I mean T4 guns tunings hardeners.

Tier filter on market:
I would like to see an option to tier filter on the market I maen I would like to see just T4 not others, and so on.

Info about Beta Outposts:
If we dont want to hide the info about who tried to conquer that outpost or who attacked that I would like to see an info about Outpost history like in your corp you have. I say that because I can find that info where the all intrusion is show up but that van be so good who want that outpost and so on.

This changes is little changes but I think that worth it to do. Because more gain as pain.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Annihilator wrote:

Lol at most of those suggestions...

Thats not very constructive there Anni..

Anyway, i went back and rethought some of the ideas

http://i.imgur.com/CKQIB.jpg

The teleport one isn't perfect, but its a start, would need testing/tweaking probably.

Bump, mainly for the squad stuff.

i like the "no trial account on beta"

17 (edited by Karism 2012-07-10 07:43:49)

Bump, would still like to see the following changes.

• Shield "Health Bar"

• "Best wins" on modules (Ewar/Nexus,RSA,etc)

• Numqol Falloff changed

• Squad system revamp (Though adding secondary leaders was a good start)

As well as this, i would like to see the following Gamma changes.

Terraforming/Construction restrictions on gamma, currently set to roughly 500m away from teleports, and proposed by devs to be increased to 2000m, instead i think they should be increased to just 1000m (both contruction and terraforming), and the coastline made the same for 500m.

This is based on the idea that even if the construction was increased to 2000m, terraformed walls would still be there, and they are the major limiting factor to getting on to gamma, if the terraforming was restricted to 2000m as well, the area where people build bases would probably end up being around the coastline, where they can acheived roughly 180 degree protection, although in my opinion it will not look very good.

Of course the above changed would probably require island terraforming to be reset and those who did it to be reinbursed, but i still believe it to be the best method, not to mention any buildings in that zone.

In order to combat off-peak raids of your base, in which an enemy can destroy all your unreinfoced buildings, and i'm sure the source of some headaches for some, i propose adding in "Terraform control aura" generated from terminals, there would be a few restrictions on this however.

This aura would allow only the owning corp (maybe others corps with enough standing?) to terraform in that area during the time the aura is active.

• Only up for a certain number of hours per day, time/range increases with tech level of terminal.(6/8/10?) (1km/2km/3km?

• 2 aura areas of different corps cannot be within 500m of each other

• Corp can only have 1 time for all their terminals on the same island

• Aura cannot coincide with the vunerable period of a terminal, if the terminal does come out of reinforced mode during this time, the aura will shut down until the 2 hours are up.

• Aura area can be lowered in order to put 2 outposts closer together, but cannot then be raised to be less that 500m away from the other corps aura.

• Auras of the 2 outposts of the same corp can overlap.

Maybe could add additional "aura extenders" which give off much less range than a terminal, but would function the same way, (useful for remote control towers/backbones primarily)