Topic: I can' hit stuff fighting

Is it just me? It's like if my bot can't hit enemies lower then me. Pretty much all the mission enemies are on the bottom of valleys. If I stand above them I hardly do any damage while they seem to hit me full blast. If I run down to the group I start doing damage but get killed and there goes another 400k.

Ordinary guns hit a little better then lasers but I guess that is because of the shorter range angle. Right now I can only grind mission 1 mobs, but it's crowded and I should be doing mission 2 but I don't see me being able before I get a 5 million Nec mech.

Re: I can' hit stuff fighting

It takes some practice to get  used to how to get good angle on the mobs and yes sometimes the line of sight calculations are still a bit screwy but if you learn the terrain and look at how you approach each spawn you can improve your chances a lot.

make sure you are within your weapons range, if the mob is within your falloff range then hit rate will be greatly decreased

The hit rate is never determined by falloff, that only affects how much damage you do.

Hit chance is determined by the hit dispersion of your weapon (its spray size) vs the hit size of your target.  If the bot is larger than your dispersion you will hit 100%.

Missiles have a constant chance to miss regardless of bot size, but will do less damage if their size is smaller than the missiles explosion size.

LOS is a bit wonky currently, so shooting down hill can cause it to miss and hit the ground.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

The hit rate is never determined by falloff, that only affects how much damage you do.

Hit chance is determined by the hit dispersion of your weapon (its spray size) vs the hit size of your target.  If the bot is larger than your dispersion you will hit 100%.

Missiles have a constant chance to miss regardless of bot size, but will do less damage if their size is smaller than the missiles explosion size.

LOS is a bit wonky currently, so shooting down hill can cause it to miss and hit the ground.

Sure i read in the help section of the game that if the mob is in the falloff range that hit rate wil be less.

but maybe not hehe

Ingame Help wrote:

In case the target gets out of your optimal range, the rate of damage decreases in the ratio of range, until the target moves out of the falloff range too. The weapon then stops shooting

the help doesnt say that the hit-rate is lowered, it says the rate of damage.

I understand the confusion, the word "rate" in there should be replaced with "ammount" or something to make that clearer.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

7 (edited by Gremrod 2010-12-01 18:42:45)

Warbs wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

Sure i read in the help section of the game that if the mob is in the falloff range that hit rate wil be less.

but maybe not hehe

Optimal range
The most important parameter of weapons. While you shoot your target inside this range, the damage rate is maximum. Once the target gets out of it, you have to take falloff into account.

damage rate not hit rate.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23