Topic: Miner Wars

Anyone heard about this game yet? It's still in alpha, but release is coming sometime this year (MMO version in winter 2012). Pretty much everything is destructible and you can dig tunnels in walls. Reminds me on Minecraft in space. There's a demo available, you can try out for free.

Miner Wars is a first-person action-survival space simulation game set in the year 2081. This first installment of the Miner Wars franchise is currently being developed by Keen Software House a. s., an independent software company founded and lead by Marek Rosa. There are currently two branches: Miner Wars 2081 as a classical single-player, co-op and multi-player and Miner Wars MMO as a massive multiplayer online version.

Taking place in a post-apocalyptic inner Solar System, approximately 10 years after the destruction of Earth. The premise of the story supposes a very limited technological advancement, and a population desperately struggling to live long-term in space without a home planet. War breaks out over vital resources such as food, oxygen and fuel.

Official development of the project commenced in 2009. Miner Wars runs on the VRAGE engine, built and tailored specifically for the title.

Official Website Linkage

The trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEqUjk-s … r_embedded

Re: Miner Wars

Yeah I bought it about a year ago. I mess around in it from time to time.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

3 (edited by Pretty Hot 2012-02-08 06:50:10)

I bought the pre-alpha in about June 2011. It looks pretty interesting and I will play at launch for sure.

This is no-persistent game with small max-cap of players per-server.

I got the demo just to give it a quick look. There doesn't seem to be a tutorial for it, I managed to fly around a bit, ground away at a rock or two, but have no idea if I gathered anything or not, fuel was low, and the ship wouldn't let me return..all part of the demo I guess...so its not bad as far as graphics goes, it might be fun if I knew everything and how it worked, the demo had very few options and only a handful of maneuvering and work buttons,no inventory or landing options, but I may check it out later when it gets organized.

Alexadar wrote:

This is no-persistent game with small max-cap of players per-server.

The MMO side of the game will be persistent. The game has multi sectors and they can handle up to 300 in a battle per sector.

I went back to check it out, bought the pre alpha and got into the game for a little while. I'm on the public build which is way behind the test build. It has good graphics and decent information. You can and will eventually run out of fuel, that's making it more realistic, but the public build has a bad bug still, you can mine but not gather anything, the extractor throws you back to the desktop. The report I sent said it was fixed in the test server but hadn't been moved over yet. Will wait a few days and try again, thats the bugger of an alpha game with two different servers, but thats to be expected.

Jake Logan wrote:

I went back to check it out, bought the pre alpha and got into the game for a little while. I'm on the public build which is way behind the test build. It has good graphics and decent information. You can and will eventually run out of fuel, that's making it more realistic, but the public build has a bad bug still, you can mine but not gather anything, the extractor throws you back to the desktop. The report I sent said it was fixed in the test server but hadn't been moved over yet. Will wait a few days and try again, thats the bugger of an alpha game with two different servers, but thats to be expected.

Run the test build.

9 (edited by Pretty Hot 2012-02-17 19:20:56)

I am finally doing some things with the editor.

Since turrets are there now and you can make enemy spawners, I am making a sort of tower defense thing with a large base and all kinds of stuff.

pretty fun

Its a trip that sometimes the editor is more fun than the game sometimes.

Let us not forget you can do your own 3d modeling with 3dsmax or whatever your favorite is and import literraly anything in to the game.

The only thing that I am not seeing is crafting.  You mine to sell ore for credits to buy items.  sigh

Played with the editor too, yesterday, built a refinery and storage area attached, and several big asteroids spread very far apart. Made my own little sector, and then saved it and went into the game to see. It was there, and as I flew around it I even stopped to mine one of the roids and got 300 units of 'treasure'...but the docking bay for the refinery doesn't work, not a surprise, but its fun to be able to make something like that, an entire area to mine and the refinery to sell it to, all made by me.

Offical launch of miner wars on steam coming November 28th, was green lite same time as Perpetuum. I would assume Perp will launch around same date?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Offical launch of miner wars on steam coming November 28th, was green lite same time as Perpetuum. I would assume Perp will launch around same date?

There is no connection. Every greenlit game needs to make individual arrangements.

Postal was greenlit at the same time too... and is already released. no connection

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

There is no connection. Every greenlit game needs to make individual arrangements.

Understood, and thx for your reply.

RIP PERPETUUM