1 (edited by Plisko 2010-12-01 15:36:19)

Topic: Do you loose your mech?

I've just started the game, and haven't seen any information, but notice a lot of common traits with eve...  But I was curious when your robot goes "Boom" (this being a new one not the starter) do you lose it for good? Or do you reappear with it in your home base?

Re: Do you loose your mech?

Once a robot has gone "boom" it won't come back. You get a free Arkhe however if you ran out of robots smile

Alright that is what I was thinking, now can you put insurance on your robot to get some money back?

Also when you go boom do you have to worry about loosing skills or do you need to make a "medical clone"?

Just a quick note. Its spelt 'lose'.

Not trying to be an arse, just helpful. It never hurts to learn the correct spelling of something smile.

To answer your question, there are no medical clones in Perpetuum. You never have to worry about losing skills/extensions.

Plisko wrote:

Alright that is what I was thinking, now can you put insurance on your robot to get some money back?

When in the terminal, right click your robot and choose 'Insure'. The insurance isn't valid for a very long time I think, so choose carefully when you insure smile

Surge wrote:

Just a quick note. Its spelt 'lose'.

I just can't help myself. It is: "It's spelled 'lose'." wink

6 (edited by Surge 2010-12-01 15:48:28)

Quip wrote:

I just can't help myself. It is: "It's spelled 'lose'." wink

Touché on the apostrophe, however "spelt" is a perfectly acceptable form.

And I know this is going to be a lil redundant in question.  If it goes Boom in PVP it's gone for good too right?

Is there capture territory or anything in this for corps or is PvP just arena type fights? (You get to loot others?)

It is indeed gone for good, regardless of whether it was due to PvP or PvE.

There is territorial warfare in the form of capturing outposts, however the whole sytem is still very much in its infancy.

Yeah mostly when my friends have asked about the game so far, I just tell them it's like Eve Year One.. LOL Lots of room for growth!