1 (edited by Gremrod 2012-01-15 21:22:43)

Topic: [REQUEST] Broadcast of SAPs - Change

Intrusion==

* '''Change:''' Active intrusions will now only be broadcasted in a 1000m radius of a SAP instead of the whole zone.

Okay I am not complaining, since I have not been involved with intrusions since the new system.

But someone mentioned this idea and I can't take credit for it. But I thought it would be better than the 1000m range change.

The game has islands broken down into sectors. Why not use them for this broadcast feature? Make the active SAP broadcasts over the entire sector it is in and any player in that sector will see it.

Edit: Also an outpost owner should always know when THEIR SAPs are active.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: [REQUEST] Broadcast of SAPs - Change

at least corp officer should get that information.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

i like this idea .... give some use to the sectors atm tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

One reason for the 1000m change was to prevent dropping in on a teleport from alpha to check for active intrusions without any risk. Outposts like Karapyth, Nauwy, Koykili, etc. are located in entry-point sectors which would make that possible again.

What about 3000 m from outpost?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

6 (edited by Gremrod 2012-01-15 23:27:46)

DEV Zoom wrote:

One reason for the 1000m change was to prevent dropping in on a teleport from alpha to check for active intrusions without any risk. Outposts like Karapyth, Nauwy, Koykili, etc. are located in entry-point sectors which would make that possible again.

Well you could always put in place a buffer area around the TP that you have to be 2 or 3k m away from the TP to pick up the broadcast.

Gremrod wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Well you could always put in place a buffer area around the TP that you have to be 2 or 3k m away from the TP to pick up the broadcast.

That would require additional coding, personally I would like them to put there time and effort into something else.

Like, you know, bombs, artillery, cool stuffz.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

What is wrong with 1000m? Is it too much to ask of someone who wants to attack an outpost and has the possibility of coming home with star beacons to actually go there and take a look? Or maybe spend half a mil for a scanner charge?

In my opinion, this was a good and perfectly balanced change.

Because the voices told me to do it.

Annihilator wrote:

at least corp officer should get that information.

yes at least this should be done. I don't think this would take very much code to do, maybe.....

Saramara wrote:

What is wrong with 1000m? Is it too much to ask of someone who wants to attack an outpost and has the possibility of coming home with star beacons to actually go there and take a look? Or maybe spend half a mil for a scanner charge?

+

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Saramara wrote:

It's just a shame that we're seeing all outpost going to 100% because the effort required to own an outpost. I am wondering if the changes to make them require lots of effort and time was a good idea. It seems like 9/10 alpha corps burn out before they even get to the "Take a Beta foothold" and if this continues to happen after we get PBS we're looking at a growing divide between elite organised corporations and entry level PvP'ers.

Alexander wrote:

It's just a shame that we're seeing all outpost going to 100% because the effort required to own an outpost.

I'm not following here, if outposts are going to 100% that means they are being owned right?

Or it that a few strong corps are getting the outposts, and then no one is attacking them, so they go to 100% because no one is trying to capture them?

13 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-01-16 21:01:18)

Well, from what I have seen, it's was rare for an outpost to stay at 100%, just because it was so easy to determine when a SAP was active.  Now that some effort is involved to actually find the active SAP, fewer ppl seem to be trying.  But even after the changes, I have seen 3 OP that have gone down to 70% in the past 2 weeks, because someone did take the time, and make the effort, to go for those SAPs.  They got the times, and apparently it was off TZ for the owners, and actually took the SAPs, and to my knowledge, 2 of them were specimen processing!  The "hardest" one to take.

All of this is easily researchable by looking at the "News" tab and seeing what SAPs were taken by whom.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Yeah, I was looking at the news tab last night, there were only a 'few' negative (red) entries for the last couple days.

nah, its like back in AutoAssault:

there was one central PvP zone, with 12 "outposts", with three playerfactions, and a promising reward for "holding" the outposts (tokens you get for every half hour you hold one) + special buffs.

the result was:
1. the three factions started to build a treaty -> each side gets 3 outposts, and only the inner three ones are used to actually "fight"
2. the reward gear had so high attributes that it was kinda impossible to compete in pvp without it.
3. at some times someone was so bored that he tried to get all outposts, or killed all those guys sitting afk at one, waiting for the next cycle.

two years ago, when the first time the word "outpost" fell in Perpetuum, i told the DEVs "do not repeat the mistakes from AA".... now look where we are today...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Gremrod wrote:

Intrusion==

* '''Change:''' Active intrusions will now only be broadcasted in a 1000m radius of a SAP instead of the whole zone.

Okay I am not complaining, since I have not been involved with intrusions since the new system.

But someone mentioned this idea and I can't take credit for it. But I thought it would be better than the 1000m range change.

The game has islands broken down into sectors. Why not use them for this broadcast feature? Make the active SAP broadcasts over the entire sector it is in and any player in that sector will see it.

entire thread was already underway, and that thought was discussed here: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/58516/#p58516