Topic: New player and... staying. Definitely.

Hey there.

Since most of the topics here are of people who tested and left, I thought it would be about time to write my 2 cents here as a new player who decided to stay.

I NEVER even heard about Perpetuum. I didn't even know it existed.

Just by chance some EVE-blogger mentioned it in one of his posts, which made me curious and i started googling it. Found this HP, read about how EVE-ish this game is, sand-box and all. With decent graphics.  And it has robots. Laser-shooting, rocket-spitting walking freakin' robots! How can you NOT like this?

I logged in first time and was welcomed by a community, which couldn't be weirder... the vets were actually nice and helpful to new players, while talking smack to each other and creating drama. I like.
And now here comes the one thing that REALLY surprised me: When I logged in the next day, some GM convo'd me and asked if everything is allright and that in case of questions I could adress him...

BAM! A GM convoing PLAYERS to ASK about them? My mind was blown. Never had that. I played many online games, but never even once a GM came to ME to ask about me. If at all, they convod me to tell me to stop trolling people.

Generally, the relationship between Devs, GMs and players seem to be pretty familiar, I see much joking around in General Chat, when one of them is online. They seem to actually play this game themselves (which in other games I sometimes doubt they do...). Maybe that's one of the advantages of the relatively small population in this game. Which, btw, is hardly troublesome, the world isn't that big and there is noone to steal your questmobs / mining spot wink

I quickly found people who were willing to tutor me, guide me through this game and eventually let me join them.

This community, plus a time-based skill system, that doesn't force me to actually plan log-ins (thats the one thing about EVE i hated: having to log-in just to keep my training queue running...) and a high-sec system, which is actually safe were the reasons for me to stay for a while now.

And: It has robots. Big ones. <3

Re: New player and... staying. Definitely.

Welcome in Perpetuum!

http://content.perpetuum-online.com/ima … m_1375.jpg to coming!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Kim glad we found you smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Always fun talking to you ingame smile