1 (edited by Gharl Incognito 2011-12-13 11:29:54)

Topic: Crime and Punishment: what can we expect if we break the rules?

Can we get a statement on exactly what kind of punishment will be handed out for the variety of 'crimes' available under the EULA.

What I'm asking for here is a direct, simple outline of what is and isn't allowed and exactly what degree of punishment can be expected for breaking game rules.  All things considered I believe this to be a fair question. 

If the response is an email sent to all account holders individually fine; I just want to know what to expect in the future.

EDIT: This is not a jibe aimed at anyone so please don't fill this thread with assumed airs of superiority or rightious indignation.  I want to know.

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

Re: Crime and Punishment: what can we expect if we break the rules?

Gharl Incognito wrote:

Can we get a statement on exactly what kind of punishment will be handed out for the variety of 'crimes' available under the EULA.

What I'm asking for here is a direct, simple outline of what is and isn't allowed and exactly what degree of punishment can be expected for breaking game rules.  All things considered I believe this to be a fair question. 

If the response is an email sent to all account holders individually fine; I just want to know what to expect in the future.

EDIT: This is not a jibe aimed at anyone so please don't fill this thread with assumed airs of superiority or rightious indignation.  I want to know.

I'd like to see a list of punishments and guidelines for each section of the EULA.

I believe thats are warning, temporary ban, permanent ban.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Why you want to know what you can get away with just a warning? Just follow the EULA. Not sure but this discussion may fall under topic to be discussed privately with the developers.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Why you want to know what you can get away with just a warning? Just follow the EULA. Not sure but this discussion may fall under topic to be discussed privately with the developers.

well actually this is an issue that should be of interest to the wider community. not just a select few.

The EULA itself is the simple and direct outline. Punishments may vary on the severity and quality of the offense.

Forum offenses result in warnings, temporary or permanent bans. In game offenses result in muting, global muting. Serious cases result in account related temporary or permanent bans.

If you are in doubt whether your planned actions will be considered a violation of the rules, consult the EULA and the forum rules first. If you are still not clear, contact one of our GMs or submit a support ticket.

I hope this answers your question. Closed.