1 (edited by William Wallace 2011-12-13 02:46:51)

Topic: So DEVs why no advertising?

i think the thread title sums it up. After now a year we no longer seem to have advertising for this game. why?

Oh & no saying its comeing soon tm you have been saying that for way to long now.

People that find this game do so only by blind luck or a friend of a friend of mine...

Re: So DEVs why no advertising?

Well advertising is an epic money sink.

Would you prefer more resources to making the game better or more resources to getting the word out?

At some point they are going to need to get a whole boatload of player in game.

Also i would like to point out how utterly worthless advertising money sinks are compared to solid word of mouth.  Ive seen terrible games grow simply because people who played did the free type of advertising. 

With that said perhaps an incentive should be created for players who bring new players into the game.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

god any thing would be better than nothing!

Stranger Danger wrote:

With that said perhaps an incentive should be created for players who bring new players into the game.

This.

5 (edited by Alexander 2011-12-13 11:41:20)

Lucius Marcellus wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

This.

That. I have no reason to invite others and if the enemy recruits them this is bad. I like it when you can invite new players and anyone that subscribes you get an extra 7 days or something.

I have said this time and time again, want advertising?  Sub all your accounts for a year.  Want more content?  Invest in the Devs.  The more money they make on the backend the less time  standing in the soup kitchen line. Also, don't buy the long term accounts the 30 days profit them the most, assuming the account merchant processing doesn't charge per item.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

You can also make videos on YouTube, or something. I'm posting Perpetuum related art on my blog for example. If you care for Perpetuum, show it!

8 (edited by Vilutin 2012-05-15 07:55:09)

There! free advertising for this game! (my attempt to lure industrial people in tongue)

Now, i advertised the game for free. Maybe now you can do something about my ticket? (either DO something, or just say that you wont do anything.... so i can stop wasting my time and logging in to check, and go play something else...) Or do i have wait another 7 days worth of subscription before anything happens?

edit;

I've also sent TotalBiscuit email, and begged him to feature Perpetuum in he's WTF -series, as more people need to know about this game.

1 year ago someone posted about Perp in stEVE forums, that is how i got to know this game. Have not heard anyone, anywhere talk about this game since.

If you're a developer and would like your game featured on our WTF is? series, please contact pr[at]cynicalbrit.com

DEVs, send him a mail. I assume my mail wont do much since i'm not a developer for this game. But he got nearly 700k subscribers in youtube, and it's rare to see a video with less than 100k views, most of them got views in the 100-300k range.

Unfortunately game is not ready for the masses, probably 2 more patches to go including gamma patch and PVE content should do the trick, then invest on a big marketing campaign.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Unfortunately game is not ready for the masses, probably 2 more patches to go including gamma patch and PVE content should do the trick, then invest on a big marketing campaign.

+1
I'd put my money on that! cool