1 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-12-01 23:32:39)

Topic: Lucius Tournament Betting

PLEASE KEEP REPLIES IN THIS THREAD AS BETS ONLY

As the title suggests, I was sad the other betting scheme had to be cancelled, so I'm setting up a simpler version that should be easier to manage. I will not charge any commission for this, and rules have been tweaked so I cannot make any NIC regardless of the outcome. If you see a clear problem with the rules, mail me in-game, and I'll amend rules if necessary.

Rules:

• You only bet on the winner

• To submit a bet you must do the following from the same character: (1) send NIC amount to my alt "Quintus Marcellus", (2) Post your bet in a reply to this thread, e.g. "CorporationX 20m"

• If the bet in terms of NIC sent and stated differs, your bet is disqualified (if it's by mistake, contact me and I'll reply to this thread making a clarification, don't edit your post as this will disqualify you)

• Minimum bet is 1m, and bets must be made in increments of 1m (if a non-acceptable bid is submitted, e.g. 4.9m, then this is rounded down to 4m, and rest 0.9m goes to betting pool)

• Bets must be submitted before the start of the tournament (which is 17:00, server time, Saturday the 3rd of December)

• You are allowed to make several bets, e.g. 20m that X wins, and 20m that Y wins

• Editing your post disqualifies your bet, and the NIC submitted is foregone and remains in betting pool

• Bets are non-refundable

• Amongst the people who bet on the correct winner, the NIC pool is divided in proportion to bets

• In the unlikely case that no one has put any bet on the correct winning team, everyone gets their bets returned

I hope I  will be online during the final match, but worst case the winnings will be distributed a few hours afterwards.

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

To give examples of the distribution of winnings:
Guy#1: 75m on X
Guy#2: 80m on Y
Guy#3: 24m on X
Guy#4: 1m on X
Guy#5: 2m on Z

Total bot pool: 182m

If X wins: Guy#1 gets 136.5m, Guy#3 gets 43.68m, Guy#4 gets 1.82m
If Y wins: Guy#2 gets 182m
If Z wins: Guy#5 gets 182m

So clearly, it can be worth putting 1m even on a low profile corp!

Tournament participants:
Hungarian United Network
French-Navy
War Dec
-CHAOS- Grey Legion of Death
Infinity
Menace To Society
Roving Guns
Crimson Imperium Reborn
Remedy Inc.
62nd Infantry Mobile
Rue Tang Clan
At The Gates
Immortal Legacy
Dome of York
New Eden Exiles

Re: Lucius Tournament Betting

Can we add some type of Hedge Fund to make bets on which characters will swap corps before the tourney? tongue

Sparking to other games

3 (edited by Lemon 2011-12-03 16:56:24)

1million nic on me

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

1 Million on CIR
1 Million on CHAOS

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Cancelled due to lack of bets. Annihilator refunded (Lemon's bet was invalid).

1 billion NIC on F-Navy

not enough smile