1 (edited by Drahkar 2011-12-01 14:16:49)

Topic: Why nerf everyone's accumulator? Thelodica can't afford it

The intrusion 2.0 patch also includes this :

Change: Faction specific robot control extensions (Pelistal, Nuimqol, Thelodica, Industrial and Spec. ops) now don't give any extra bonuses anymore, but all affected robots have a new robot bonus based on these extensions instead.

Combat robots: 1% reduction to faction specific weapon cycle times
EW robots: 1% increase to signal masking
Industrial robots : 1% reduction to miner and harvesting module CPU usage
Industrial haulers: 1% increase to maximum armor HP

This means that any non-ewar pilot who put a ton of EP in spec ops will suddenly have their extension become useless (unless it gets refunded). As a thelodica combat pilot I've never had enough accumulator even in an Artemis, simply firing my guns with an accumulator module in a leg slot.

I'm pretty sure there was no imbalance where thelodica (and every other non-ewar) had too much accumulator. I think the previous mechanic behind these extensions was fine and if it gets changed then the Spec Ops extension should be refunded. Unless thelodica accumulator (and nuimquol combat mech and heavy mech accumulator) were in need of a nerf, we could also use a replacement for this extension.

If you really plan on going through with this change, perhaps it would be time to introduce Efficient Weapon Usage, -X% accumulator use on all weapons per level. In that case I would suggest 2% or 3% per level and a very high rank so that it's EP-expensive.

Also please don't give us a huge EP penalty for having trained that skill back when it was useful. I could use it somewhere else now.

AXE JOKE ECORP N-A CIR

Re: Why nerf everyone's accumulator? Thelodica can't afford it

All of these extensions should have been refunded as I know I trained the extension due to the bonus it gave.
Now that extension is rather useless to the level I have trained it to.

Son, I am disappoint.

-6% accumulator for no reason sucks.

But I don't agree with the proposed Efficient Weapon Usage extension which will be mandatory for yellow bots and can potentially ruin weapon type vs accumulator usage tradeoff.

Not happy about a nerf to the ole Theo toon but it is what it is.....

We will adapt. It is part of the process. Games always change. You can either adapt to the change or get steamrolled by it.

Inappropriate signature.

Or you can try and change it back.

its the waste of ep rather then the 6%, it was bad enough when it was changed from 2%

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

Is there a bae extension that can buff your Accumlator Capacity?  Something like mechanics?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Accumulator Expansion.
However once you get that to level 8 it really hurts getting it any higher and getting it to 10 means you're at the best you can be. Which is likely to be unstable. I find I have to use an RR robot and an ERP just to remain stable. Madness.

Though to be fair, Theledocia did get some pretty big buff's, especially with their 'crit rate' and with Nuimqol getting such a kick in the teeth, Yellow bots have been the flavor of the month and it was bound to see some kind of balancing.

But I do agree,  its unacceptable to make such drastic, far reaching changes to skills without the opportunity to un-do decisions on EP spending based on facts which were true at the time.

Alexander wrote:

Accumulator Expansion.
However once you get that to level 8 it really hurts getting it any higher and getting it to 10 means you're at the best you can be. Which is likely to be unstable. I find I have to use an RR robot and an ERP just to remain stable. Madness.

Oh yeah!!!  /facepalms.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

11 (edited by Drahkar 2011-12-01 16:03:22)

If they really don't want to replace the bonus, and if they really want to go through with the changes, fine. Just give us the EP back.

Also no there's no extension to raise my accumulator capacity beyond what I currently have which is accumulator expansion 10 and energy management 10.

I'd have to test it to be 100% sure but I think with those skills AND with lvl 6 in spec ops, pre-patch, I can't perma-run my guns on the Artemis despite having an accumulator mod in one of my leg slots. I'm not even asking for a boost, I just don't see why it needed a nerf.

Either way, getting the EP back for spec ops is much less a matter of opinion or balance.

AXE JOKE ECORP N-A CIR

Looks like they refunded the EP at least. Still hoping we get a new way to further increase accumulator capacity or recharge because obviously I can't bring the current 2 skills to level 11.

AXE JOKE ECORP N-A CIR

Are talking about Seth or are you having issues with Artemis?

14 (edited by Drahkar 2011-12-01 20:32:07)

Artemis, although this isn't really about the Artemis in particular but the fact that thelodica already have huge accu problems and didn't need a nerf, in my opinion.

AXE JOKE ECORP N-A CIR

It was refunded... so forgotten in a few days.
Accu expansion EP cost was drastically lowered for combat agents just a few weeks ago, while spec ops had an increase in cost.

this hits small bots with medium accumulator more then Seth's with 6 t4 tunings and 6 t4 HCL laser farming some npcs.

you also got a recharge outpost buff as compensation in your pvp battles...

conclusion:
it was buffed several times and now a minor nerf with EP compensation is ok

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear