Re: Scanning intrusion times

Sorry I meant allies can't do the SAP, only the OP owner so their wouldn't be able to do OP 'maintainence service' if needed during owners absence times.

RIP PERPETUUM

The only reason to take your own Sap would be to downgrade your outpost facilities to free up a attribute point to invest in another facility. Of course you would decrease your stability by doing this so you would have to successfully defend the next one or 2 Saps in order to get the attribute point back to spend.

For sure I2.0 is  going to make Beta a lot more active.

Celebro wrote:

Sorry I meant allies can't do the SAP, only the OP owner so their wouldn't be able to do OP 'maintainence service' if needed during owners absence times.

As it stands, the system is just one step towards the future, it all will be added in the coming patches.

The problem with completely unknown SAP times is that it would essentially mean the death of large scale battles because there would never be enough time to prepare a large squad.

8-16 hours notice would still probably mean that the 100-200 aside battles will be extremely rare now, and some will be glad of that,  but 16 hours is enough to prepare sizable squads and good sized combat battles for which sandbox's are known for.

But it does also mean a lot more skirmish sized battles and with the ever-present dangers more 'combat readiness' will be essential

An interesting mechanic addition to intrusion 2.0 for sure.

Scanners are just a poor and shallow replacement for a healthy and well developed bo-tang spy network.

Nothing beats knowing what the enemy is going to do before even the rank & file are informed about it. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

31 (edited by Burial 2011-11-29 13:50:13)

Will contact this guy and ask if he can make a plan for our spy network too. And it will be better then yours.

I think you have a few more important things to do in your corp. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It's true, all those wrecks our guys have to loot every day. Sure does consume tons of time!

34 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2011-12-01 11:20:29)

BACK ON TOPIC....well kinda tongue i like the general idea of intrusion 2.0 BUT.

1. the timers are nothing short of (sorry to say this devs) ***. why the hell do the owners have to guard an open sap for possibly 2 or 3 hours (if your really unlucky) each B***** day. I hate to say it but at least in eve for sov structures & outposts you can set an approx time.

1a. Owning corps cant even close the sap need i say wtf.

2. scanning intrusion times... i think what many have said about sums up my thoughts.

i thought perpetuum was a sand box game yet we the players for just over a year now have yet to see more sand or buckets.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Closing a SAP is going to be faster now according to the blog. A passive takes 10 min to close now, so lets say its 8 min.

Scanning isn't 100% accurate, which is were I think you got the 2-3 hour part, then attackers would have to be within 8 minutes of the SAP for 2-3 hours.

The whole idea is for the defenders to be occupying the area, so saying you have to guard it for 2-3 hours is wrong. You should already be on the Island. You only have to defend the SAP if there are attackers in the area.

However, the attacker has to be strong enough to camp you into your own outpost for hours waiting for the SAP to go live, because if you could cap it yourself, you can do it in 8 minutes. Which is shorter than it takes to get from the external TP to the SAP.