Re: New devblog: Intrusion 2.0 details

Well yeah Syndic it will promote playing the game, it will promote everyone logging on and sitting on their own SAPs until they feel their outpost is secure. Plus don't forget there is a four day period where no SAPs can be taken and Beta Outposts become Alpha 1 Terminals in terms of production

All the more reason to move to an Alpha-2 Terminal, and only use Beta for mass-epriton operations. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

All the more reason to move to an Alpha-2 Terminal, and only use Beta for mass-epriton operations. smile

Wouldn't it be easier logistically to move to beta terminal?

RIP PERPETUUM

there is no safetyzone around beta terminals wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

30 (edited by MegaMaid 2011-11-29 20:30:51)

Why move 100% to beta when alpha is just a teleport away?

Pointless.

Syndic will tell you the same thing.

I'm not saying this is good or bad, but there is a very real possiblity that no one will ever stablize an outpost.

This system only works if enough corporations decide that owning a beta outpost is worth the effort.

Having a large number of players who's only goal is to prevent other corps from stabilizing is a very real possiblity.

32 (edited by Celebro 2011-11-29 22:08:07)

MegaMaid wrote:

Why move 100% to beta when alpha is just a teleport away?

Pointless.

Syndic will tell you the same thing.

I think I have said this before, without a large distance between alpha/beta, intrusion system may no work as intended.

We need more landmass to counter this issue. Right now the only quick fix is adding more rewards to beta, to act as an incentive. The new intrusion system on its own just forces the player, which does not work.

RIP PERPETUUM

i still wonder why the "newer" beta islands are got placed inbetween the old telepor routes.
it would have been much more logical to create another circle which forces you to cross beta 1 islands to get to Alphas.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

i still wonder why the "newer" beta islands are got placed inbetween the old telepor routes.
it would have been much more logical to create another circle which forces you to cross beta 1 islands to get to Alphas.

Certainly this. Maybe the TP routes can be changed too for I 2.0.

sure they can.

its more or less a matter if they want to...

Annihilator wrote:

sure they can.

its more or less a matter if they want to...

They should neutral

RIP PERPETUUM

Looks like a ton of man hours went into this DEV's so thanks for that.  I think the new system will encourage more small squad PvP roaming and that is badly needed right now.  5% is the only way to start of fair that allows everyone to keep their beta progress ongoing.  Once implemented I hope the DEV's do not respond to knee-jerk reactions from players.  The new system will take some time to 'season' before we can fully appreciate it's nuances. 

This is truly the anti-blob patch. It's going to take a ton of squads running around to try to keep up with 'everything'. 

Additional risk vs. reward elements may need to be implemented at some point but this is the right foot to start on.

Annihilator wrote:

I talked about that back in August...

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/45217/#p45217

Because the current teleport network pretty much resigned the old Beta-1 islands to be dead empty islands and/or have newbie/small corps living there because they can't squeeze in anywhere else.

CIR Complaint Form

well in your post you would need to travel through beta island to reach alpha two.

in my post, there is no connection between beta 2 and alpha in any way. there would be no "save gathering for raid on save island" if you wanted to capture a beta 2 island.

i also dont understand why beta 2 should be in any way better then beta 1 with the current layout? instead of a terminal, you got a save teleport to alpha. current advantage of beta 2 islands will be gone with int2.0 (more lvl3 facilities in one outpost at once)

also traveling distances with the current layout are joke... you can drive your lithus around the perp world in 20minutes or so, from one end to the other.

Honestly Titan Ore should return to Beta.  It would help smaller corps to move there and create industry.   There's enough walking as is.:fuuu:

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Annihilator wrote:

well in your post you would need to travel through beta island to reach alpha two.

in my post, there is no connection between beta 2 and alpha in any way. there would be no "save gathering for raid on save island" if you wanted to capture a beta 2 island.

i also dont understand why beta 2 should be in any way better then beta 1 with the current layout? instead of a terminal, you got a save teleport to alpha. current advantage of beta 2 islands will be gone with int2.0 (more lvl3 facilities in one outpost at once)

also traveling distances with the current layout are joke... you can drive your lithus around the perp world in 20minutes or so, from one end to the other.

You would need to travel through Beta-1 to get to Alpha-2. Beta-2 would be only reachable through Beta-1.

In light of the intrusion 2.0 changes, Beta-2 should natively have L2 facilities like Alpha-2 terminals to off-set the no safezone ezmode.

The "main" advantage (and/or difference) between Beta-1 / Beta-2 currently is:

a) Marginally better spawns
b) -1 teleport to scout
c) More L3 facilities

CIR Complaint Form

Ville wrote:

Honestly Titan Ore should return to Beta.  It would help smaller corps to move there and create industry.   There's enough walking as is.:fuuu:

Yes.. this and a teleport arrangement change would actually make living on beta worth it...

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

43 (edited by Annihilator 2011-12-01 12:46:35)

im always telling the gouverment not to buy oil from terrorist countries...

oh wait, its probably due to the fact that we need it...

that aside - theres another thing that bothers me a bit with the intrusion 2.0 system:  Stability is advertised as "buffer" so you dont have to be present at ALL intrusions of your outpost, but at the same time you have to have 100% stability to unlock everything on your outpost -> losing a single intrusion will affect you already noticeable:
- losing complex auras
- losing one facility upgrade
- ... im sure theres more

thats not really a buffer if you ask me... thats a fallback to alarmclock intrusions...

Annihilator wrote:

that aside - theres another thing that bothers me a bit with the intrusion 2.0 system:  Stability is advertised as "buffer" so you dont have to be present at ALL intrusions of your outpost,
thats not really a buffer if you ask me... thats a fallback to alarmclock intrusions...

Gotta pay to play! Can we get the system in the game and running for a week or two before nit-picking it? Really? So what you lost your complex aura and your neighors did too cause some pirate corp came in a took a potty break while you were sleeping (wait to do all your indy stuff right before you go to bed when your corp has defended to 100% if you lose a sap while your offline just defend it the next day indy bonuses can't retroactivly punish you).... defend it again and oh guess what 100% again.

Besides that most people just looking to ninja your loots will do passive active and destructions. Then you defend one Mat processing and your 100% again.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Instead of a clock, corp activity could be used as the trigger for intrusions.

Two kinds of intrusion could be used to insure Corp activity. 
The first would be AI with standard loot.  With increasing difficulty if the AI win, and the hit to base stability. 
After 2 AI wins on a 24hr clock, the intrusions would be player driven. 
This lessens the burden on beta corps. But insures activity.

Its not the ones that are here we want to grind down....Its the ones that are not here that don't deserve anything.

While i see "make" peeps drive through hostile land to get somewhere that they currently can go without the risk. The game really cant make anyone do anything if the risk/reward is not balanced.  I ran missions until i could afford a assault, and have and never plan on running another one. I don't care what the rewards are,,packing sand is not fun for me. And i will never go to a beta island until i can replace what i am driving in short time. Put them any way you like, make peeps live on 1 Alpha starter island,,,because they have to drive through a beta to get to a Alpha 2 island...  Really?  make them drive through beta to get to Alpha!, or dream up ways to herd the sheep into hostile lands...It really is sooooo yesterday. And so self serving that this last rant is really just a finger pointing with laughter at its absurdity.

The progression of Islands is designed for player progression.  The ability of any Alpha player to go to a lvl1 or lvl2 beta island is all pvp players can hope for,,,and,,,it is the natural progression for players. When players are ready for beta they will jump.

O and while i am waiting for the patch,,,,POS will empty Alpha terminals of players. If this game wants deserted Alpha islands,,,,POS is the way to go...I have seen POS and i will never have another one. They ruin community.  And with low numbers,,,,they wont help this game.

Look out the window
Tell me what you see.
I see a golden calf
Starring back at me.

Lobo wrote:

Gotta pay to play! Can we get the system in the game and running for a week or two before nit-picking it? Really? So what you lost your complex aura and your neighors did too cause some pirate corp came in a took a potty break while you were sleeping (wait to do all your indy stuff right before you go to bed when your corp has defended to 100% if you lose a sap while your offline just defend it the next day indy bonuses can't retroactivly punish you).... defend it again and oh guess what 100% again.

Besides that most people just looking to ninja your loots will do passive active and destructions. Then you defend one Mat processing and your 100% again.

as far as i understand, they dont have to do the saps to get the loot... (or else the owner corp would not get anything either)

im not asking for full bonus down to 50% stability - but ONE lost SAP should not deactivate an aura i just had activated, and cannot be replaced within 24h by a lower one while the next sap opens 8 hours later.

thats what i mean - each lost sap has an effect on at least one upgrade. losing 3 saps in a row can mean losing 5 facility upgrades. where is the buffer?

8am - Win uncontested SAP, get 100% stability upgrade

8pm - Lose contested SAP, drop to 90% stability, lose upgrade

We haven't actually seen what you get at 100%, but I see Anni's point. If having 100% is something 'special' then corps will feel compelled to CTA every 8 hours.

If 100% is simply access to another level of indy, then its not that big a deal. at 90% your probably already going to have Ref 4 and a few levels of Factory to reduce time, if you can get to lvl 4 factory and start some the lines, they'll continue to run at lvl 4 even if you lose it.

If 100% is something 'Unique' than that's going to be bad. It doesn't need to be, since the incentive is to build up and stay up as high as possible as the 'buffer'.

Equating Beta-1 and Beta-2 outposts (natively all at L1 facilities) has done wonders to stop Beta-production across the board for a good week post-patch.

Any corporation that can't get their SAP's, without having a large stockpile, will be in dire trouble if someone say, decides to go on a total offense. wink

CIR Complaint Form

soo... int 2.0 is the closest you can get the system to POS implementation after all

if it would be a player built station, then you wouldn't have SAPs that open at certain times, but a station that could be turned into ashes 24h/7day. Thats what the player are asking for! 100% insecurity!

Int 2.0 also allows you to "build up" the facilities -> as player have requested
Int 2.0 implements more bonus for owning an outpost -> as player have requested
Int 2.0 gives you control about who can dock on your outpost -> as player have requested

next step would be ability to place NPC defenses around outposts.

The game is moving step by step towards what you request all the time.

Alliance features where requested befor implementing I.2.0. Which is mandatory for this system. Without it, its a fail.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY