Topic: Tournament Question F.A.Q Thread.

I figured id create one thread for players to place questions for the dev's to answer about the tournament.

1) Are teams required to submit a Roster? If Yes how many per team?
2) Are teams able to swap active players within the competing team in between match's?
3) Are teams able to swap bots/modules in between match's?
4) How much downtime will teams have between rounds?

If Roster-
Will all players on the roster receive a reward as long as they meet a minimum participation percentage.

F.A.Q-
What will the area we fight look like?
-Relatively Flat with LoS objects (More information to come Via Forums)

*Requested Blueprint and or fly through of the combat zone.*

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Re: Tournament Question F.A.Q Thread.

1) No, you only have to meet the point system requirements, which will be checked before the match starts.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
4) Depends how the match times will be set up, but we'll try to make it so you'll have at least half an hour to get ready.

1. is the tournament area a seperate island for maximum performance?

2. do we need to gather in a certain island between rounds, or can you teleport the combatants from anywhere to the arena?
    (aka can we keep our fits secret, not scannable from opponent before battle?)

3. will the team-fits recorded and announced after the tournament to feed the battle analysist?

4. will the winning team get a chance to fit the maxed-extension-DEV team with full reimbursment of lost equip as bonus reward?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

1) How Do final rewards apply to players who are swapped in and out of the team composition through out  the tournament?
2) What are your opinions of a player panel for commentary during the live stream?

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Info about the location will come a bit later.

Teams can share their fitting after the matches/tournament if they feel like sharing.

Rewards will be given to the corporation CEOs. How the corporations share the reward is up to them.

Commentary would be cool, we're considering our possibilities.

1) If Lemon dies during tournament play, will he be allowed to petition his killmail as fake?

2). ... Umm, really, there are no other relevant questions.
fuuu

I summon Kalsius and Gremrod to the commentary arena!!!!

big_smile yikes wink

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

I summon Kalsius and Gremrod to the commentary arena!!!!

big_smile yikes wink

Gremrod has already confirmed he can be available and interested in the idea.

Take your fail troll to corp dialogue bro.

Undefeated 2013

I'm searching for co-host for live russian commentary channel.

Will there be splash damage or area of effect damage?

[16:03:43] <Mara Gossep> syndic.....and get your *** spy out of our corp

Will Hungarian math be used to determine the winner?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

"If this number is the same, the team with the most points destroyed wins"

I just would like to ask, what about shield robots? You cant destroy any but with shield bots can destroy a little.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

"If this number is the same, the team with the most points destroyed wins"

I just would like to ask, what about shield robots? You cant destroy any but with shield bots can destroy a little.

Neuts

Undefeated 2013

Should both teams be destroyed by splash damage, who wins?

(stupid and low relevance, but interested in answer tongue)

The more I think about this celebration the more annoyed I get; this utterly shuns Australian players, most of whom will have work/sleep commitments to meet.  Many of the players I know in this game are Aussies and will not be able to take part in these celebrations.  Very angry about this; you have a small game community, take care of all of them.

So the question: Why?

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

Gharl Incognito wrote:

The more I think about this celebration the more annoyed I get; this utterly shuns Australian players, most of whom will have work/sleep commitments to meet.  Many of the players I know in this game are Aussies and will not be able to take part in these celebrations.  Very angry about this; you have a small game community, take care of all of them.

So the question: Why?

ive looked for times & all that cant see any thing other than the start & end times / dates. Even so im going to bet the torny times will suck *** for us aussies & will run into Tuesday evening our time... not the best but not the end of the world.

Tho i know im probably not going to make it due to a busy weekend sad

i am a little disapointed we arnt getting something more substantial being added to the game hmm

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

the tournament is not the whole aniversary event... theres also the other stuff written down at the end of that blogpost.

from friday to monday...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I asked, how will they decide who won if you dont have enough neut and dps to shoot down the shields ? Shielded tanks won the battle?

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Your giving away my strategy. 3 Rivelers and 1 double plated Baphomet MK II ...

R   B   R
     R

Inda wrote:

I asked, how will they decide who won if you dont have enough neut and dps to shoot down the shields ? Shielded tanks won the battle?

they will spawn a group officer Ictus and see which team has the last bot standing big_smile

Arga not bad PIE wil come? big_smile

Energy to Earth!

DEV Mancs gave us a friendly reminder ingame to a sentence within the announcement:

The exact time for the tournament matches will be announced after all applications have been processed. The first day will see the first elimination round, the second day will host the finals.

so time for the matches depends on the participants!

though a brit... gotta side with the aussie guys about timeframe of tournament.

1: the tournament for them ends tuesday.. with work would prolly see them withdraw from tournament at final stages. sad
2: The tournament itself favours the rich/old corps.. in the sense that their rare or pimped out bots/mods will be insta replaced from corp stock... the newer less developed corps will have a much harder time replacing these bots/mods within the single timeframe of a long weekend.

Possible solution of these 2 points would be the tournament being held over the course of 2 weekends.. even possibly saturdays only.

just my 2 pennies worth of opinion.

Jetblack wrote:

though a brit... gotta side with the aussie guys about timeframe of tournament.

1: the tournament for them ends tuesday.. with work would prolly see them withdraw from tournament at final stages. sad
2: The tournament itself favours the rich/old corps.. in the sense that their rare or pimped out bots/mods will be insta replaced from corp stock... the newer less developed corps will have a much harder time replacing these bots/mods within the single timeframe of a long weekend.

Possible solution of these 2 points would be the tournament being held over the course of 2 weekends.. even possibly saturdays only.

just my 2 pennies worth of opinion.

Tournament ends December 4, 2011 - Finals:
Match 15 - Sunday 23:15 GMT +1 at its latest
Thats monday 11:15 if I'm not mistaken, but by no means tuesday.

2. This tournament is one of the furthest things from favouring old/rich corps, in that they can't bring more people, or bigger bots with the same number of people then you can. They might be able to afford T4proto gear, but if you've farmed for a few days you should be able to as well just for once.
The one step further they could go is giving everyone prefit bots or limiting to T1(and then it still gives those with more EP an advantage), but I think this way is more fun.

tournament times got decided AFTER all teams have signed up. (it was said before that this would happen)

The exact time for the tournament matches will be announced after all applications have been processed. The first day will see the first elimination round, the second day will host the finals.

AFAIK the DEVs are still waiting for complaints about the times from corps that have signed up. If an aussi corp has not signed up because of the times, they must have had the ability to look into the future...