Re: Skyrim!

Level 23, only 6 dragons dead ...  I really need to stop staring at the scenery and listening to story plot.

Arga wrote:

Level 23, only 6 dragons dead ...  I really need to stop staring at the scenery and listening to story plot.

I'm level 37 atm, its such a fun game.

Shaedys wrote:
Arga wrote:

I'm level 37 atm, its such a fun game.

Being the bad-ass hero is a nice break smile

So what perks did everyone take?

Is there even a point to light armor over heavy/robes?

5 (edited by Arga 2011-11-18 02:00:22)

I joined both Thieves guild and the brotherhood, and got the light armor set from each group. The bonuses are good, I'm assuming as I get better at enchanting I'll be able to disenchant those items and put better stats on Elven light armor.

Perks?  J/k

That would be funny though, to get to like level 20 and not realize that you have to apply 10 pts to magic/health/Stamina and fill out the perk tree each level smile

Edit: Oh, so yeah Light armor is quieter for sneakies. If your going battle mage or really any non-stealth, then light has no real advantage; or that is my impression of it so far.

I know this is thread has derailed into skyrim talk, but oh well, here is my character.

Character (Guy on the right is Marcurio, a companion from riften)
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/429/perp2.jpg

Current weapon (My class is sword&board & heavy armor)
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9510/perp1.jpg

Playtime (Yes i like to save a lot)
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1730/perp3.jpg

The only thing i don't like is that it looks like i'm gonna be a few perk points shy of my build i want, hopefully someone will make a perk reassignment mod soon.

As for Perpetuum Patchnotes/News etc, can't wait.

7 (edited by Triglav 2011-11-18 02:57:45)

I got my smithing up to 100 0.o was the damn easiest thing i did in any game (especially TES ones).

Dragon armor dissapoints! :S worse stats than daedric, looks like *** compared to daedric and is not even weightless or something. With the exception of light dragon armor, which is better than the rest by 2 points i think. Worthless.

Stupid loss of 1 perk point to that thing :S

Legendary smithing is awesome tho. 122 armor rating on elven gilded armor (light), specced in light armor. And some obscure stats for bows...:yarr:

Oh and in dragon tree of smithing, there's only armor, no weapons. Damn wankers. Gonna try enchanting next but it will take some more jumping around. Alchemy next. Then I'm most likely out of them perks.

EDIT: does anybody else miss the skills for running and jumping? wtf? Really wanted the acrobatics mastery to be able to jump on water :I or across walls. or on the roofs. They prenerfed ma game :S

Skyrim is awesome, I told NEX I would come back on the 11/12, got Skyrim on 11/11 and missed like three days of work. OOPS.

It is awesome, play it.

Also hurry up and do a pvp patch or I might just end up doing the EVE thing because Winter is Coming and all that.

At thirtysomething, playing pure destro mage. I'm tempted to respec over to Illusion/Alteration for paralyze, quiet casting, invisibility and frenzy, but I don't know how well frenzy works at high levels. Anyone given it a shot? Ideally I'd use muffled sneak to frenzy a room, then invis and walk out, but I don't know if enemies would actually be frenzied due to the whole level thing. Tonight I'll be spamcasting courage on npcs to get Illusion high and then test it out.

why courage? spamming muffle got me like 20 levels per each casting lol smile does it stop at some level? cause spamming iron daggers and hide bracers netted me level 100 in smithing...

Topic: Skyrim!

I am surprised there is not already a Skyrim thread...now there is.  Been playing it since the 11th and I love it so far.  How does everyone else like it and how does it compare to Oblivion and Morrowind  in your opinion?

Here are some hints/tricks from myself and other people...

-A good way to level up destruction and conjuration is to get a spell that conjures up an ally to fight with you, like Conjure Flame Atronach, then use your destruction spells to kill it. Rinse and repeat. This might work with one-handed and two-handed weapons also, but I have not tested that.

- For Illusion, get the spell Muffle, and just cast it over and over. It lets you move more quietly.

-For Alteration, get the spell Transmute, then go to all the blacksmith shops and traders in skyrim and buy all the iron ore you can. Transmute will turn the iron ore to silver ore, and can turn the silver ore to gold ore. Then you can smelt the gold ore to gold ingots and resell. Gives you money and helps level you up at the same time smile

-If you're working on smithing, you can either do nothing but leather bracers for free training (turn pelts from animals into leather, turn some of the leather into leather strips, and use those to make bracers) or just buy iron and make iron daggers.  Easy way to get all the way to 100 in Smithing.

Here is also a video that shows you an interesting way to steal stuff in Skyrim ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt5aUdijAN8 ... I have yet to test it myself

Courage gives you faster leveling than muffle.

So confused.  I started this thread not that long ago, but somehow people have replied to it yesterday.  Has time travel been invented or something?

Merged posts from another topic where they were offtopic smile
Sorry for the confusion.

I have 100 skill points in time travel.

To add to the confusion the last Elder Scrolls I played was Daggerfall where I ditched the plot to rob stores and go artifact hunting on a massive fashion quest.  Reflecting on it now, I've done just about the same in every sandbox since. wink

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

great game enjoying it totally

http://www.emptywords.org/
Just another Fail F...

Lvl 27 archer/light armor/sneaky : bows @64/light armor @70/sneak@82

Perks in bows/light armor and stealth

I can one shot most things while sneaking

Also I'm leveling my alch so i can make bad *** poisions to kill the things i can't one shot, Played with destruction magic and put 2 perks in that just so i can impersonate the emperor and shoot lightening (dual casting)at a paralysed foe.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

delete folder C:/games/skyrim

My grandfather told me about the games, which can be played solo. smile

At lvl 43 I can now get over 500 damage on my greatsword
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/63185 … 20EC8F5CE/
And I can get over 1650 armour rating:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/63185 … 0B6575B71/

OK, so Skyrim kept giving me a BOS after about 2 min of game play all Saturday. Checked online and someone mentioned that this was usually an issue with the card overheating.

My case has a huge fan on the side, with a directional switch (intake/exhaust). After hours of playing for a few minutes at a time, I flipped it from exhaust to intake our of desperation, and maybe it was coincidence, but it didn't BOS after that.... *shrug*

Went the sneaky route too, its time consuming playing this way (which is probably why I'm only at level 33), there's a lot to be said for just running in and killing everything in 2 minutes of furious battle; instead of 10 minutes of attrition shooting. And if you do get spotted, reloading the scenrio and running it again tends to drag those encounters out (but I've noticed it's faster to just reload and do it again with 3 to 15x sneaky dmg then to play it out using up 20 potions and pressing Q and tab every few seconds!)

But I'm a rogue at heart smile  *I was actually fitting Baph's for stealth PVP work before they got renerfed*

*gasp*

23 wood elf, archer/sneak/alchmey/smith/enchanter though im sure something is broken in my game with lvling.

My random ocd nature means i havent done much main story as i try to complete everything i find in one area at a time, so i have some 26 words from 14 shouts, and 30 dragons killed in my adventuring.

Being an acher/alchemist tho dragons are a bit of a let down as using a decent enchanted elven bow with my 80+ archery + one of the very nasty posions i can make means a shot to the face on a Blood dragon means can take it down in 1[shot'd 1 so far] to 5 arrows. its sad that the dragon priests are tougher.

Still great game tho.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

The UI is terrible, I refuse to play it until mods are available.

Played it 2 hours, seemed like a nice game but I refuse to play anything with such a bad UI.

24 (edited by Norrdec 2011-11-22 18:43:20)

The UI is bad only because the game is also for consoles.... They had to *** it a bit because of that.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I jacked up my mouse speed to max, and that took care of a lot of the 'slow' mouse look issues as well as the 'plodding' cursor in the menu items.

On the Blah side, you basically get levels by increasing your skills, so handing in quests doesn't really advance your character - what feels odd is standing at the forge making 100 boots and getting 2 levels while clearing out 2 or 3 redoubts does nothing (since I'm using skills that are already so high it takes a long time for them to advance).

I've completed the brotherhood story line, almost done with the thieves guild, next will be bard as I work on the Dragon main arc.  Really is great not being tied down to just 1 story line, although its hard to turn in bounty contracts in the holds were I'm a wanted Brenan smile  *I refuse to pay the fines or go to jail, at least until the TG plot line is resolved*