Mongolia

You say "its broken"

Devs say "working as intended"

Why you still argue?

Alexadar

1 year ago Styx & m2s say "insurance broken, there is fraud"

1 month later Devs punish people for insurance fraud

Moral: Devs have been wrong (and are now wrong about Tyrannos) -> that is why I argue.  cool

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Re: DEVS: Troiar nerf/fix

If what Mongolia says is true, this hungarian math should be fixed but do not nerf the actual bonus itself... fix the math, leave the recharge bonus alone.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

Mongolia

You say "its broken"

Why you still argue?

Alexadar

1 year ago Styx & m2s say "insurance broken, there is fraud"

1 month later Devs punish people for insurance fraud

Moral: Devs have been wrong (and are now wrong about Tyrannos) -> that is why I argue.  cool

Thats your POV anyway.

Honestly: IDK what is "intended" in devs vision. Tomorrow they can nerf shield or accumulators, or both.

My point is: PP is not yourgame, PP is not my game. Our POV can be accepted, or cannot be accepted. The thing what you think is "wrong without doubts", can be "its intended" in dev concept. I think you realize it, you'r big boy in this game.

Again guys: devs still not released PVP concept.

Sundial wrote:

If what Mongolia says is true, this hungarian math should be fixed but do not nerf the actual bonus itself... fix the math, leave the recharge bonus alone.

Exactly Sundial.  They could have tweaked the formula and kept the Trioar bonus alone and all would have been fixed for all Green bots that use the broken formula.

I had posted this on the original post here, but no Dev listened, which I had assumed would happen anyway.

Now people will train the Tyrannos and the Devs will eventually nerf it, pissing off the players who dropped high amounts of EP into it to get the uber tank it delivers through the broken math exploit.

This will cause people to quit the game in the future.  This could have been avoided with no disruption in the past. It can still be avoided with minimal disruption today.  Tomorrow is a different story.

One thing though, if they do this they should decrease accumulator usage on lasers, because thelodica bots use quite enough as it is. If they regen less that's going to be a big nerf for them.
Other things as well perhaps, just lasers especially.

Shaedys wrote:

One thing though, if they do this they should decrease accumulator usage on lasers, because thelodica bots use quite enough as it is. If they regen less that's going to be a big nerf for them.
Other things as well perhaps, just lasers especially.

A regen formula fix would only affect the Green bots.  Yellow and blue will remain unchanged.  A proper "fix" should only effect the way the +5%/level accum recharge works in the formula; only some of the green bots have that particular bonus.

The change won't even effect the Ictus as it does not have the +5% bonus to recharge.

Can't you guys take this to the internal M2S forums?

We really don't want to hear you argue about internal arguments on the open forums.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Kaldenines wrote:

If you are not convinced just ask yourself how would you go about countering a shield tanked, neutralising tyranos.  If the answer is:
A) a massive blob (it would be interesting to work out exactly how big)
B) a dedicated, shield tanked vagabond
or
C) a shield tanked, neutralising tyranos

then you know its not well balanced.

if the answer is:
D) a cool new fit/combo

please share it with us...

The counter to all specialized bots is another specialized bot an great ictus pilot is brought to his knees by any great zenith pilot, great zenith pilot is counted by a great vaga or even 2 great cam pilots, The tyranos can be countered with a few coordinated skilled pilots, now the question falls back to is that a blob when you bring 5 guys vs 2 sheilded tyrans? (but thats another topic) Is sheild tanking broke on greens? probably is armor tanking broke on all other bots.... Yes but in the opposite extreme you can't even use a RR bot to keep your heavy standing agains 3 mechs.
Oh and a counter was found but its just to lol and unpratical for any other application.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Shield Need SPECIFIC HARDENERS!!! Thats The Big Problem

TunBukTo Balboa wrote:

Shield Need SPECIFIC HARDENERS!!! Thats The Big Problem

+1 I completely agree...100 %

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011

If we get specific hardeners, they need to be much more effective for a certain type than the current "universal" style. Like 50% for a T1...

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

If we get specific hardeners, they need to be much more effective for a certain type than the current "universal" style. Like 50% for a T1...

Says the green Flavor of the month pilot.

Talk to the blue guys and see how much they liked the ERP/Rep Tuner Nerf.

This is coming Sundial...*** all you want.   neutral

Just Sayin

They Need To Put In The Shield ... The Specific Damage What Numbers I Dont Know... But They Need To Work In Both Tanks... Because Right Now Armor Tank Just Sux And Shield Is Overpower.

90 (edited by Hunter 2012-01-01 08:40:31)

Guys!!! I have great new for you!!! In game presents NEUTRALIZERS!!! Shielded tank not overpowered anymore!!! YAHOOOOO!!! lol

and btw there are exist ICTUS!!! Enough to cry! Let's play Perpetuum!!!

Problem solved. Happy new year!!! big_smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter, nooo, neuts are overpowered!

and noone who doesnt drive an ictus has them skilled because... wait, why not? i see non-zenith driver with supressor or demob, i see non vagabond driver with ecms...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Hunter wrote:

Guys!!! I have great new for you!!! In game presents NEUTRALIZERS!!! Shielded tank not overpowered anymore!!! YAHOOOOO!!! lol

and btw there are exist ICTUS!!! Enough to cry! Let's play Perpetuum!!!

Problem solved. Happy new year!!! big_smile

Would be pretty awesome if only you could fit them to non Green bots without removing weapons........ Also I think I'd prefer Perpetuum Online to Who has the most Ictus Online. v0v

think I'd prefer Perpetuum Online to Who has the most Ictus Online

what has the homepage to do with this?

mesmer has a body slot for drain/neut/RSA only...

laser mech has 1 more headslot

all ewar mechs running around without arms at all... (two neut/drain slots)
all ewar light bots runnning around without any of the three chassis-slots filled (three drain/neut slots)

the greens have to sacrifice ewar headslots for fitting shield hardener. Its every players choice not to fill those missile/misc slots on their robots

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Some bots do indeed have slots where they could fit a neut, others don't, Kain / Artemis for example, although there are of course fitting / accumulator issues. The primary issue for me is that if the answer to almost any situation is neuts & shields, then there is obviously a balance problem, and as Mongolia demonstrates, part of that problem is down to the strange way one particular bonus is applied, which could be fairly easily fixed.

that "fairly easy fix" is rather hard, since that bonus is appliead like ALL OTHER BONUS that robots give.

your fairly easy fix is a rewriting of the base of how anything in this game is calculated.

a fairly easy fix would be fixing the overall accu recharge formula to use the hungarian math as anything else ingame. BUT that would affect EVERY player ingame, especially mining bots.

Annihilator wrote:

that "fairly easy fix" is rather hard, since that bonus is appliead like ALL OTHER BONUS that robots give.

The fix should be easy.

Right now the recharge formula:
= (base recharge) x (1 - energy management - pelistal robotics bonus)

it can be changed to:
= (base recharge) x (1 - energy management) x (1 - pelistal robotics bonus)

This would work because:
1. This formula is similar to other formulas used.
2. The pelistal recharge will still be strongest but not overwhelmingly so.
3. This change will in no way affect yellow, blue, industrial or even green's w/o the specific bonus, like the Ictus.

Dear guys!!! I have  great new for you!!!

You can cry here about disbalance. DeV's can obey to your whining....
...But there enough players who will discover new ways to kill you.

You don't want use trojars? - ok. nerf it.
You don't want use neuts? - ok. nerf it.
You don't want use armor rep tunings? - ok. nerf it.
You don't want use shields? - ok. nerf it.
You don't want use %any_item%? - ok. nerf it.

What is remains?.. whining that not enough content...

wink

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Hunter wrote:

Dear guys!!! I have  great new for you!!!

You can cry here about disbalance. DeV's can obey to your whining....
...But there enough players who will discover new ways to kill you.

You don't want use trojars? - ok. nerf it.
You don't want use neuts? - ok. nerf it.
You don't want use armor rep tunings? - ok. nerf it.
You don't want use shields? - ok. nerf it.
You don't want use %any_item%? - ok. nerf it.

What is remains?.. whining that not enough content...

wink

Your saying that if something is imbalanced it should not be fixed?
If I had a module that one shot things, it shouldn't be nerfed?

Hey Shaedys!
Define "Imbalanced", and define a method what determine imbalancing of certain content.
Again: while devs not released general pvp concept, all your whining are pointless.
Thank you.

its called T4 medium gauss cannon on a mesmer wink