Topic: simplify the teleporter system

Yes, its true you can use the system to go anywhere, but just recently I was checking into doing my first lev 4 mission, and it entailed going to a teleporter on the other side of the alpha island I was on, and it didn't even explain which one, to then jump to the beta island, and that teleporter wasn't even the one closest to the base I needed to go to, then run to another one, then teleport again, then run again, come on...there needs to be ONE teleporter on each island marked to go to another island, and advertised as the one needed, that would then connect to all the main terminals, not just let us run around trying to figure it out ourselves.The map could have a red line on it, saying that 'these two islands connect here' and that would show what teleporters to use, also, if you are working on an island, all teleporters need to connect, that way any you get to will let you make it home, or to the off island one, without running around from one to another to 'get the right combination'. This helps people who are just working their way up, and simplified the teleporter system for best efficiency.

If you commanded a world with a teleporter system, everyone would know what teleporters went where, there would be a map, or list stating it, the map does show all the islands, fine, but for people just catching on, it seems like a messy and complicated system that could be simplified a lot.

Getting from Alpha ICS to Beta ICS for example, should be one jump, as they are major bases that share missions, and trade, having to jump to the opposite side of the Beta island then run around trying to get to the main base is just silly, and expensive, since Betas are pvp zones.

Re: simplify the teleporter system

i dont get this post

if you open up the map, you get those yellow lines connecting each teleporter, telling you where it goes.
PvP islands are marked as such on the map too.

only thing that i would support would be that every inner island should be able to teleport to any other inner island teleporter on same island. (but i would prefer to remove them at all and put up a connecting highway system)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Opening your map is WAYYYYY to much work.

We need something that moves our bot by itself...shoots by itself...and refits when you die by itself.

Silly Annihilator

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Actually all I was asking for was a system where the main terminals were connected with a single jump, and yes the island wide teleporters connected to each other,all around. I dont want free anything, but I dont want to go looking for missions on beta islands when I have to run from teleporter to teleporter two or three times just to get to a base even before getting a mission.

Remove teleports.
Add wide transportation.
ftw.

Jake Logan wrote:

Actually all I was asking for was a system where the main terminals were connected with a single jump, and yes the island wide teleporters connected to each other,all around. I dont want free anything, but I dont want to go looking for missions on beta islands when I have to run from teleporter to teleporter two or three times just to get to a base even before getting a mission.

you can look for missions from any place - if there is one availiable for you, it will be listed under "All assignments" with location, and even with description and all.

you only have to go there if you want to take it. and then, the travel is part of the risk of beta island.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

wall O text.....

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

8 (edited by Triglav 2011-11-13 23:07:21)

Alexadar wrote:

Remove teleports.
Add wide transportation.
ftw.

Iteration:

remove islands and introduce single landmass or join them together. Call the expansion

"The Great Sea Evaporation"

or

"Uber Moses"

T.

Triglav wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

Remove teleports.
Add wide transportation.
ftw.

Iteration:

remove islands and introduce single landmass or join them together. Call the expansion

or

"Uber Moses"

T.

signed, for the Great Fun

Triglav wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

Remove teleports.
Add wide transportation.
ftw.

Iteration:

or

"Uber Moses"

T.

lol i like...
But ... can syndic be pharaoh when the waters come crashing back in ? big_smile

<3

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue