Topic: Mining hub

Military players have distress beacons,harvesters have incubators only miners have nothing to deploy so what something like that?

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 … inghub.png

Re: Mining hub

Hmm interesting idea. Would that be drop-only?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

intgresting idea... but needs to be ballanced.

if you can find it whith mining then it would be too good.
if you can find it as drop on npcs then the miner needs a combat to get them or buys them from combat ppl
if the drop from artefacts (most likely industrial remnants) then i think this will be a good idea.

but any way.. i think its not nessessary. mining standing around half brain afk and doing something else besides this. no need to give that something to increase it. besides there are better skills or better better bots or better gear to increase that as well.

the question is if there is a increase in mining amount needed...
if not and the overall mining ammount is slightly decresed to get to the same ammount with that little feature.. the the whining will be great...

4 (edited by Burial 2011-11-11 16:55:56)

I agree. Those pesky miners already rob us with their bot prices so why not give PVE guys a way to make a pay-back.

// I have no experience in the field of mineral extraction but the idea sounds pretty nice.

5 (edited by Annihilator 2011-11-11 17:09:22)

you mean something like this:
http://youtu.be/I-CdQmxH96M?t=1m10s

to make it a similar feature as the beacons, the item would not mine minerals, but spawn a mineral field around it.

distress beacon = summoning a npc spawn
mining beacon = digging up an ore spawn.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Burial wrote:

I agree. Those pesky miners already rob us with their bot prices so why not give PVE guys a way to make a pay-back.

Ignorance is bliss. Unless ignorance is sarcasm.

I like the idea, but it should NOT increase the amount extracted. It should be the same as if you were mining all the tiles normally.

MegaMaid wrote:
Burial wrote:

Ignorance is bliss. Unless ignorance is sarcasm.

I like the idea, but it should NOT increase the amount extracted. It should be the same as if you were mining all the tiles normally.

yeah same speed and amount like normal mining but the tiles u can mining can be increased- not a bad idea...
smal hub= 4 tiles
med hub= 9 tiles
big hub =16 tiles

or the small version...
smal hub =4 tiles
med hub = 6 tiles
big hub = 9 tiles

tiles around the hub (like the picture)

remember smal hub is the same then a normal Riveler can miner but the reason to use that is u can miner all tiles with the same speed and same amount...

8 (edited by Chong Woon 2011-11-15 08:54:10)

I'd propose the idea for miners of a wide-area mineral scanner that's not ore specific. The example of which is like a wide area version of the universal scanner charge and give you a break down of what ore types are found in range. (with an error variance depending on your extensions and scanner)

Naturally, You'd still have to use the specific ore area and tile scanner charges to narrow down the search.  I honestly rarely use the current universal scanner charge right now wink

I dont for see this being part of the game any time soon. IF at all.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Interesting idea but not needed..

Maybe if the population increased by 10x-20x current levels. There are currently more then enough ore fields to go around.

Inappropriate signature.