Re: Wonder How this is going to effect Perp?

Purgatory wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Surprise wrote:

Do you know how many people have left this game for world of tanks?

Games like WoT are fillers when you're waiting for things to finish or happen in games like Perp etc.

They are snacks in between the main meals. smile

my 1.5 cents.

Other people may not have the same view, in their eyes, Perpetuum may be the snack between the main meal.

Very true.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Lobby based games are typically the filler type games though.

For example, I play HON as a filler when I am bored with whatever the main thing is I am playing.

Some people play WoT. Some play LoL.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

Lobby based games are typically the filler type games though.

For example, I play HON as a filler when I am bored with whatever the main thing is I am playing.

Some people play WoT. Some play LoL.

Yes, I do agree that most ppl do see the lobby games as fillers.  I am waiting to see how their World of War Planes is going to do.

I love the 1930 to 1960 era planes!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Can't say i'm much into old (:P) planes, but the game trailers that i saw look seriously awesome. I really do hope they dont screw it up with some :artillery: bullshit as they did the WoT game.

fakeedit: on second thought, it's not the same company is it? Why was I under the impresison that it was... hmm...

30 (edited by jACKmEHOFF 2011-11-06 18:33:14)

i was disappointed to see this f2p . tbh i dont see it being much of an impact on po
nevertheless be one of those f2p worth checking out  . there are some good sandboxes on the horizon though .
Prime , Origins of Malu even Dawntide if they got it fixed up nice . lots of good indy stuff . I can see stwor putting more stress on activity but ya never know its a theme park for star wars fans , no problems with that though still is fun . Id be more interested to see what Hawken does in the future . id rather pay for a title and know what im getting instead of micro transaction

It will be a fun lobby based diversion from the main game I play, but like everyone else has said I don't see this being anything more than that.

Edyth wrote:

f2p?

All they do is make more over powered junk everymonth to make you buy the next installment of mwhahaha.
That and they normally end up filled with 12 year old E-thugs.

Be nice, the typical Goonie has to be at *least* 13 mentally... ^^   It looks more like an FPS than anything else at this point. I may check it out, as I generally have no problem with FPS PvP.  I'm just a total CareBear when it comes to MMO's. ^^

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

33 (edited by Wraithbane 2011-11-07 20:06:46)

Annihilator wrote:

We will see in december how a AAA F2P game will work out: Firefall

I will try it out as it offers things i like: twitch based, scifi, cellshading, action big_smile

I'm *really* looking forward to Firefall myself.  It looks like a great game. If they can live up to even 2/3's of the basic ideas in the various videos, its going to be a blast.

Wildstar is another one you might want to check out.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

34 (edited by Sundial 2011-11-07 20:59:31)

Wow, firefall does look pretty cool. I will have to try it out myself. Just hope they dont do "pay2win".

I am a huge sucker for cell shaded + sci fi big_smile

wildstar looks aight .. signed up for beta . firefall too looks good ..
few others to add to the upcoming sandbox list is The Repopulation and Dominus

http://www.emptywords.org/
Just another Fail F...

ArcheAge as well

yep yep that looks dam sweet too ..  forgot about that roll

http://www.emptywords.org/
Just another Fail F...

38 (edited by Sundial 2011-11-08 06:30:09)

Thinking about it though out of all those games to me ArcheAge and Dominus have the most appeal. The crafting / item system and good old DAOC style 3 faction open world pvp / world dungeons in dominus look sweet. ArcheAge looks pretty good too, definitly has more sandbox in it with no hard factions and the building system. That seige / naval warefare looks very cool as well.

Im looking forward to Dominus the most personally.

So the long and short of it is that Perp needs to churn out some quality content asap or start to really fade away?

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

I saw the new game and signed up to check it out, there wasn't much info right now, but if its strictly a pvp or FPS game with mechs, then I wont stay there, or even get interested in it. Perp has more now than that, like a decent and growing economy, and mining,gathering,manufacturing, fighting is fun but if you make a game with nothing else,then you'll limit whom you have stay there to play.Without something different to do, like mining/gathering/manufacturing or even moving from planet to planet or having or using space and aircrafts, there just isn't enough to keep my interest.

Gharl Incognito wrote:

So the long and short of it is that Perp needs to churn out some quality content asap or start to really fade away?

I would say yes, but if they keep up the pace they are currently at that will be no problem smile

I want hello kitty paint schemes.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.