Topic: lower end bots balance issue?

Being on a trial I know I might be missing some things that make the following balance out, but since I don't see it I would like to ask for an explanation.

I would like to know why it is every race, with exception to the top heavy mechs, have missile slots on their best bots?

My Arbalest has 5 turret slots & 1 missile ( why should I have to learn missile skills for 1 slot?? )

Now I don't say we should have all turrets, a missile slot is fine, but that slot should also be misc & industrial to match the Pellistal Waspish off slot which is turret, misc, industrial, making it not important for them to waste skills on a turret. The Theodical assault bot is the same way as the Arby, one missile only slot.

It also goes right on up to the mechs category. The Pellistal Tyrannos has 2 'off slots' that are turret, misc, industrial but the Nuimgol has the 2 missile only. The Artemis for Theodical has 1 missile only slot. To me that equates to 33% of my damage, in theory is dependent upon learning Pellistal missile skills. I would much rather fit a neutralizer and some other defensive apparatus.

This has me bummed out enough that I no longer have a desire to play (yes the missions being boring also contribute, but...). Could I possibly get an explanation here? Thank you in advance.

2 (edited by Shaedys 2011-11-02 09:38:20)

Re: lower end bots balance issue?

The thing is that in by far most cases of the fits you'll see people fitting they won't put anything in that missile slot.
It would just slow you down further and it takes a lot of EP to train that 1 gun that could be spent making the other ones better.
It also certainly isn't 33% of your damage because if you do use say lasers on that artemis they get a 20-50% bonus to damage(dependent on extensions), making your main guns provide 4*1.4= 5.6 turrets of damage at equal gun extensions for a total of 6.6 guns while the tyrannos would have 7.6 if you would fit all and not use any weapon tunings(modules that will increase your damage for a specific gun type) making 14% more DPS.
Added to this is the trouble that you'll have to get the fitting skills to also fit those last 2 slots, and stay in a completely different range just to fire that last 1/2 guns.
For some purposes like farming NPC's those slots can come in useful, but not in most kinds of PVP.

hmm, the only thing i miss is the option to fit more then one missile launcher on turret assault (like you can do on artemis) and ofc, the missing option fit missiles on my seth...

ok, i also want one more missile slot on artemis to get a symetrical fit big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

It's an option.
You're welcome to train it but it's not advisable. If there were more missile slots then people would still complain because there is no missile bonus so "What's the point?" but overall it's an option for you to choose to fit it.

I would not advise training it but at the same time I know some people have escaped with 100~ armour and it was because their missile finished off a target as it went behind cover.

So swing and roundabouts.

Thanks for the answers so far, but nothing has been mentioned of the fact that our (Nuimgol specifically) are missile *only* while the Pellistal are turret OR misc OR industrial. So why is ours not then?

Afaik the castel doesn't have indu slots? or was it the prom?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please