Waspish               1x 500k
Sensor Amp         2x 140k
Missile launcher    5x  30k
small armor rep    1x 20k
standard LWF       1x 30k
standard tunings   2x 40k

= 1060k + ~68k Insurance
on death payout =

take same assault with BETTER then standard gear (=T2)

Waspish               1x 500k
Sensor Amp         2x 590k
Missile launcher    5x 120k
small armor rep    1x 280k
LWF                     1x 90k
tunings                 2x450k

= 3550k + ~68k insurance
on death payout =

i know why the prices of the items scale the way the do - but imho, i should have a chance to insure those too...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Insurance

The only time I use the insurance feature is when I am about to commit suicide.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

It really is just a new player feature to take the sting out of losing those first few bots.

At the costs which we are able to produce mechs and modules with, the insurance payout covers about 75% of our mech loses.  But this is internal markets and our gear/bots are typically very small mark ups.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Insurance has a decent payout for light ew and mechs. It should not cover the loss 100% (or even 75%) because it would make PVP consequence-free.
And I don't think it's intended as a new player help anyway.

Yeah, too bad some exploited it for personal gains....

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Mark Zima wrote:

And I don't think it's intended as a new player help anyway.

actually, it was implemented exactly for THAT reason - for new player.
But i don't see payout of ~25% worth as enough to compensate the loss. Especially when you alrady started to upgrade your bot with higher tier equip.

a single t4 lwf + t4 sensor amp = more worth then the whole standard fit assault robot, but still the same insurance payout if it explodes.

seems like insurance helps only those who absolutely not need it: the self sufficient corps.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

We don't need more NIC supplies.

In general though, I think the payoffs etc should stay the same, but the time should be lengthened (atm I have a feeling only PvPers take insurance, as they're sure they'll lose it!)

9 (edited by Lobo 2011-11-04 16:19:54)

I keep insurance on my active bot and back up as this account is pure PVP... And when it gets close to running out i go in to hero mode and start thinking I can tank 2 heavys and kill 5 mechs solo in a Cammy.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

10 (edited by Edyth 2011-11-04 18:42:04)

if you hang round the main stations you can get most of the basic t1 mods from spawns for cheapy.
I resell my pvp stock for x4/5 what I got it for when the market goes blank.

game appears short of people with afew mill and 5k of market ep lol

Can’t  make insurance too good ( I'd like it tho )
I used to rambo fly Typhoons/Dominixs in EVE with best named and t2 passive hardeners!
I lost 2mill ISK via clone costs & a 3% implant once insurance paid out rofl

Ok wasn’t the best type of mods for the job but 70% effectiveness for nearly no loss?!?
When I got a good kills tho.. I walked away with millions in lewt.

trade: lower plasma NIC income, increase insurance income = not losing as much NIC for PvP as freelancer + some other positive effects:

PvE Plasma grinding = NIC printing without much risk to lose anything = NIC only used for upgrading gear
PvPing = losing NIC with nearly no income from it = 75% minimum loss for a bit of fun = no wonder everyone is blobbing up.

I know that you cannot make insurance too good, but at least the higher investment should also increase the payout - hence im asking to insure the equipment too.
Im asking to keep the payout vs. worth of the WHOLE bot that exploded at the same level: = ~25%
- wouldnt mind if the equip that dropped is not considered at all.

Annihilator wrote:

trade: lower plasma NIC income, increase insurance income = not losing as much NIC for PvP as freelancer + some other positive effects:

PvE Plasma grinding = NIC printing without much risk to lose anything = NIC only used for upgrading gear
PvPing = losing NIC with nearly no income from it = 75% minimum loss for a bit of fun = no wonder everyone is blobbing up.

I know that you cannot make insurance too good, but at least the higher investment should also increase the payout - hence im asking to insure the equipment too.
Im asking to keep the payout vs. worth of the WHOLE bot that exploded at the same level: = ~25%
- wouldnt mind if the equip that dropped is not considered at all.

Most are going to blob up, even if insuarnce payout is good, either because they don't like dying alone, for social aspects and larger numbers make then stronger, nerfing plasma and buffing insurance does not mean much it's still going to take the same time to grind your next bot. There has to be risks for pvp to be meaningful insurance is fine, if you want most of your NIC back pvp in a syntec fit no one is stopping you.

RIP PERPETUUM