Re: Hello Dev´s - are we going to get Advertisments?

Snowman wrote:
Arga wrote:

That blurs the line between shareholders and customers.

I never said anything about shareholders. :S

Whenever you pay for anything, you expect something in return, your investing whatever it is that the expected return has cost you.  be it time or money.

If you dont receive what you expect, you either accept it or question it.

Your definition to potray players as investors is wrong, you are stil getting a service for what you payed,investors get a return on their investment they are also sometimes defined as shareholders. I still get what you are saying though, and many players have put their trust on a bunch of unknown developers, but let the game speak for itself at least, 6 more months.

RIP PERPETUUM

Yes. Soon.

The source, common sense.

Of course 'Soon' TM in MMO's means anything from 1 to 10 weeks.

---

One of the advantages of playing an mmo from an indy corp is that there's the possiblity that your input can have an influence on the game, which like POS is something that many players strive to achieve - Leaving your mark.

Its simply my opinion, from a strictly business view, that even indy developers shouldn't discuss business strategys on open forums with 'random' customers.

Blurring the line between the game world and the real world in order to acheive in-game results, such as more population, isn't a new tactic. But from the meriad of responses, I'll assume that the devs aren't falling for it smile

Ask all you want, my only point here is that you shouldn't expect a response; because a response would actually be irresponsible from a strictly buiness related view.

not to mention that assuming they aren't or won't be advertising is an insult to thier business accumen.

You said it, we have to 'trust' they know what they are doing, just like you have to 'trust' Verizon, Blizzard, Nabisco, Piggly Wiggly, and the Government... Ok,the last one is a bad example. big_smile

Well, from my egoistic player point of view, I do invest a considerable amount of of time/ emotions in this game of pixels, as many other players are as well. As stated above, I do really like this game. At the same time I do observe a dramatically sinking number of players online. I don´t want to be deseived by the post patch player spike, which probably will last about 2 weeks. Recently we have been players of only just about ~150-200. Taking into account that most players have 2 or more chars online, we are playing a LAN party of perpetuum enthusiasts of roundabout ~50-100 actual players.

This, as me beeing one of those enthusiasts, scares me in terms of, whats going to happen when another half of the community drops away?

I have rarely, or probably never, in my 12 years of online gaming time, seen such an enthusiastic crowd, helping Devs, trying every possible way, to get perpetuum promoted. Myself included.

Coming back on subject, yes It might be an egoistic question out of a player perspectiv. Maybe there is not even a direkt feedback needed. I think this hard working playerbase is doing a lot community work for perpetuum and deserve some sort of comment at least.

Like said, I don´t want to step on anyone toes and I am getting far to emotional on this I subject. I just don´t want to see this game quitely fade away. It just saddens me not getting any response at all.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

MoBIoS wrote:

I have rarely, or probably never, in my 12 years of online gaming time, seen such an enthusiastic crowd, helping Devs, trying every possible way, to get perpetuum promoted. Myself included.

This is certainly something that the devs CAN comment on, and say 'thanks for the support'!

Also, I suppose they could also say "We have a plan!".

So in those respects a little recognition and/or assuarance from AC for those players is not out-of-line. big_smile

If I've reset player expectation from "Information" to 'Recognition' then I've accomplished what I set out to do.