Topic: Hello Dev´s - are we going to get Advertisments?

Hello Dev´s,
I was wondering if you could let us know, if and when you planing to bring out some advertisment for the game. I have been playing close to a years time now and I very much like the game. I believe in the potential it has, yet I see a frighting, constantly decreasing playerbase. Maybe because of missing player goals. On what I have been observing, livespan of an average player is probably about 3 Month in perpetuum.

I would assume, that you are waiting with your advertisments until the right moment, until you have patched up the content, maybe. Game improvements are a continues process tho, so there never might be the right moment, out of the artists perspective.

Nevertheless, If there are no players left in game, I am not sure If the right moment might have been already missed.
The present playerbase situation makes me a little sad, as I believe the game diserves more recognition.

I was a bit supprised that you where not present at the GamesCom in August in Cologne (my home city btw), one of the biggest Games Fairs, even tho Gargaj was in Cologne the very week. On the Evoke meeting I believe http://www.evoke.eu/2011/news/evoke-goe … e-cologne/
Shame, I really think you missed a good chance to reach a wide audience there. But then again, I obviosly don´t know about your priorities.

I don´t know if you can speak about your plans. But if you can, maybe you can share your thoughts and plans, with us?
What about Game Site Advertisments?
Any thoughts about Steam listing?
Game Mags?
Friends Programm?
...or any other plans?

I would really appreciate some comments and thoughts from the Devs on this, if you can.

Walk Save and Godspeed,

o7

MoBIoS

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Re: Hello Dev´s - are we going to get Advertisments?

even tho Gargaj was in Cologne the very week

I wasn't and I told you this smile I wanted to go to both and I didn't because one trip alone wouldn't have been financially feasible. What I didn't realize is that they were on the same week so I could've just scored both smile

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Ah sry Gargaj, I must have missunderstood you on this then, I thought you was there. My bad.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot

1 month after the Star Wars game come out would be my plan of attack.

A. This game will be patched and expanded far beyond its opening day presentations.
B. The biggest hyped game that people are planning on playing will have been out, and the players who were waiting for it and decided it was not for them will be looking for a new game.
C. Star Wars will still most likely be working through bugs and not have added any new content.
D. It will be cold out, and people wont be jet skiing.
E. They need much time to work out a good advertisement.  The web page looks fine, and look how long that took to iron out and shine. 
F. It will give the company time to gain some financial resources that will allow the company to stay in the black while spending money on the gamble of advertising.
G. The company is still plannng a server move of a large distance.  To have the bulk of your advertising money spent before this move would give a growth that would be, or could be, hindered by this move.  It's best to wait till the servers have a real home without future plans of movement.

Segreto makes alot of sense

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

To avoid tinfoil hattery, it would be really great, if a Dev could give a feedback on this.

#Bad Robot

Hello Dev´s, can you not give a feedback on this? Even if you cannot, it would be nice to know.

#Bad Robot

*constructs and wears tinfoil hat*

Damn, I look good! Maybe I should make a whole suit out of this stuff...

What's that echo?

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/ … -employees

MSN News wrote:

Despite the cutbacks, CCP reassures "EVE Online" players that the space-faring game is in "good health," this despite the fact their subscriber numbers have dropped during the past two months. The loss came thanks in part to an uproar among the "EVE" community over changes made to the game and CCP's interaction with its players.

Does this qualify for tinfoil hattery?

10 (edited by Scyylla 2011-10-20 22:47:58)

Arga wrote:

MSN News wrote:

Despite the cutbacks, CCP reassures "EVE Online" players that the space-faring game is in "good health," this despite the fact their subscriber numbers have dropped during the past two months. The loss came thanks in part to an uproar among the "EVE" community over changes made to the game and CCP's interaction with its players.

Tinfoil hattery? No

More a55hatery from CCP yes. They just hit the part of the whirlpool where things get moving much faster and in a severe downward spiral....

Inappropriate signature.

AC's new advertising tagline

"Come join the fastest growing Sci-fi mmo today!
(Also with 100% less layoffs)"

It qualifies because CCP's growth is negative smile

Arga wrote:

MSN News wrote:

No A, most also thought players unsubbing right after the expansion was a bluff, but numbers have been falling since,  though they still have time for damage limitation. Some of the fired employees had good contacts amoungst the community and some had been since eve started, IMO same old management, same ideas, the rest from ccp is just spin.

RIP PERPETUUM

13 (edited by Celebro 2011-10-20 23:41:26)

Perpetuum-walk in planets from day one, no doors.

Ps:make sure to take a lwf big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

14 (edited by MoBIoS 2011-10-22 22:10:51)

I really would like some feedback from Dev´s. I don´t want to step on anybody´s toes.

#Bad Robot

MoBIoS wrote:

I really would like some feedback from Dev´s.

You and anyone who has ever played has asked in some form or another ever since release.

Snow - That's true, but from thier point, why would they publically discuss business strategy in the game forums? Player feedback and suggestions should be welcomed by AC, but expectations of anything but a one-way path are presumptuous.

Game mechanics, features, and improvements by all means they need to provide feedback, but it's thier buisness, we just work here.. err play.

I was simply pointing out to the op that we've been asking, in every possible way, for nearly 12 months with no comment.

As for why they would discuss such a subject with us.. well, thats the way every commercial 'for profit' business operates.   So whoever is bank rolling this project is obviously not concerned about the short term profit return.

As players we too are investors who seek a return in the form of entertainment, which comes from players in a sand-box MMO.   Some players have as many as 10 accounts subscribed for nearly 12 months.  Which represents extra ordinary faith, trust and loyalty that their investment in this product will see a return.

Common human respect and decency normally dictates that such loyalty deserves, at the very least, a few comments on the matter.  A discussion is not nessesary, required or demanded.

But apparently a few words of reassurance on the matter is not something we are owed.

That blurs the line between shareholders and customers.

Customer surveys are 1-way. I've never gotten an email back from verizon telling me the results and what they intend to do about them, and I pay them alot more per month then Perpetuum.

Shareholders however have a real stake in companies. I believe for AC, they aren't publically traded so the shareholders are probably the development crew.

I'm not telling AC NOT to give us any information, but realistically, no professional company is going to discuss the business side of a game on open forums. We are here to be entertained not to run or consult on their business strategy, even as much as it may effect the population and our game experience.

If anyone playing is in a position to help with real world publishing contacts or 100 Million euros in funding, I'm sure they'd be willing to talk with them directly! : )

This is not about the management aspect, there was only one direct question to the devs if further advertising is planned.THe question should be really simple to answer and would not even give great insight into the management. Discusion about the pros and cons are unnecessary because the dev's can tell us if they give some information about it or not .

The dev's are not far from the Community...

Gareas wrote:

This is not about the management aspect, there was only one direct question to the devs if further advertising is planned.THe question should be really simple to answer and would not even give great insight into the management. Discusion about the pros and cons are unnecessary because the dev's can tell us if they give some information about it or not .

The dev's are not far from the Community...

How they advertise the game is absolutely a business issue. How much they spend, where they advertise and how they do it are not things we need to worry about.

I was wondering if you could let us know, if and when you planing to bring out some advertisment for the game.

Here, I'll answer for them;

Yes, soon.

What are you basing this answer on? Proof please. (links and hard stuff, not words)

22 (edited by Alexandra 2011-10-25 12:21:44)

Some of the best advertisements I've seen for games are by other players.

Keep in mind that banner adverts only work if you put them EVERYWHERE and that's expensive. It's much easier to put your players everywhere. It's the Perpetuum master plan.

1) Gain lots of players while game has few features.
2) Lose players while making new features
3) Release new features and when everyone comes back they bring their friends with them!

Even if this wasn't planned it could work, right?

I AM NOT A GM™

Snowman wrote:

I was simply pointing out to the op that we've been asking, in every possible way, for nearly 12 months with no comment.

As for why they would discuss such a subject with us.. well, thats the way every commercial 'for profit' business operates.   So whoever is bank rolling this project is obviously not concerned about the short term profit return.

As players we too are investors who seek a return in the form of entertainment, which comes from players in a sand-box MMO.   Some players have as many as 10 accounts subscribed for nearly 12 months.  Which represents extra ordinary faith, trust and loyalty that their investment in this product will see a return.

Common human respect and decency normally dictates that such loyalty deserves, at the very least, a few comments on the matter.  A discussion is not nessesary, required or demanded.

But apparently a few words of reassurance on the matter is not something we are owed.

This is taking the words right out of my head and projects my intentions pretty much.

#Bad Robot

Alexandra wrote:

Some of the best advertisements I've seen for games are by other players.

Keep in mind that banner adverts only work if you put them EVERYWHERE and that's expensive. It's much easier to put your players everywhere. It's the Perpetuum master plan.

1) Gain lots of players while game has few features.
2) Lose players while making new features
3) Release new features and when everyone comes back they bring their friends with them!

Even if this wasn't planned it could work, right?

Yep, could work smile

Arga wrote:

That blurs the line between shareholders and customers.

I never said anything about shareholders. :S

Whenever you pay for anything, you expect something in return, your investing whatever it is that the expected return has cost you.  be it time or money.

If you dont receive what you expect, you either accept it or question it.