Topic: Explosion Damage

If there is another post stating it please post it under here and we can close this and move forward to that post.  Considering we have such a high volume of people using plates and etc... for explosions why do we not get a kill mail for explosion damage?  Is it the pain in the *** factor to code?

I propose that Jihad pilots get some love and explosions that kill other pilots be allowed to have a kill trophies.

Any thoughts, other threads?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Explosion Damage

It originally did give kill mails, however it was removed because people QQd at ECORP for doing it.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

ECORP was dead long before the explosion damage was put in. They were just *** running around with Nav 5 and Medium Plates on everything from Assaults and upwards.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

ECORP was dead long before the explosion damage was put in. They were just *** running around with Nav 5 and Medium Plates on everything from Assaults and upwards.

Ok, well I was wrong about ECORP, but not about the QQ.

Once upon a time Lemon had his super erp tank (not sure if he used it this time) and we did get kill mails from explosion damage. In a fight i did manage to kill lemon, but not in a way he liked. Because i killed immortal death in his assault so hes explosion could kill my kain and the explosion damage from my kain did killed Lemon.

And another episode was when me and death had some fun and i made him kill me on top of him in a fight we had. Which made some ppl flag my kill mail as a fake on the kb because we died at the same time.

I dont know who made the decision to remove explosion damage from getting a kill mail, but it was a ninja move from the DEV's in a patch.

And i would like to have the explosion damage to count as a final blow again.

yarr

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

6 (edited by Mara Kaid 2011-10-17 15:30:14)

We also took out several RG heavies using plated assaults. Then we kept taking out more. You'd see the kms posted. After awhile nova qq'd about it, and suddenly explosion kms were removed sad.  Batphone line was used neutral

yarr

So it was go then it stopped?  Would like to see it back if possible.

Yes, i think it would be good for this to be allowed again perhaps it could change some tactics on the battle field!:fuuu:

Bump please. This needs to be addressed for it is a tactic to blow up other bots with yours. GGg

Oh not this crap again : /

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Mara Kaid wrote:

We also took out several RG heavies using plated assaults. Then we kept taking out more. You'd see the kms posted. After awhile nova qq'd about it, and suddenly explosion kms were removed sad.  Batphone line was used neutral

yarr

I lolled smile smile big_smile smile smile

I would just like to state one thing:

Killmails are for whores.

Thank you, that is all.

If they did once generate kills then it should never have been removed. Its a valid tactic & if people get all butt hurt about it then dont come to beta.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Sundial wrote:

Thank you, that is all.

Sundial....I'm back in love yet again.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

Sundial wrote:

Thank you, that is all.

Says the green pilot with a blue alt cause it aint easy being greensy

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Lol lobo

You guys sound like a bunch of terrorists...Should I be afraid?

Jihad jihad! Durka Durka...

MegaMaid wrote:

You guys sound like a bunch of terrorists...Should I be afraid?

shh our terrorist cell network needs new tech to use on the inf... i mean enemy. tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Fix Killmails pls, explosion dmg, EWar, not appearing if you didn't shoot the target in the last 10secs or whatever, etc, etc.

Dazamin wrote:

Fix Killmails pls, explosion dmg, EWar, not appearing if you didn't shoot the target in the last 10secs or whatever, etc, etc.

Don't want this to get off topic because Ville is spot on! but all damage, all agression that assits in the removal of a bot needs to be awarded on every killmail!  DPS is not all that removes a player from an engagement.  Kill mails show involvement from all players and is a great tool for leadership to see activity.  Yes kill mails will always be an Eeping tool for many, but seeing who was there and how they were involved is essential.  I would put this as the number one thing that needs attention!

+1, +1, +1.......

+1 for all damage and ewar applied to the bot showing up on the killmail and for killmails being generated from explosion damage.

+1
-Confucius

+1 we love you devs make it happen smile

Sundial wrote:

It originally did give kill mails, however it was removed because people QQd at ECORP for doing it.

actually i think they were around at that time. as for how active they were my memory lets me down smile

Nope, ECORP was long gone before the explosion damage. big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please