Topic: I would like to "easier" use ECM

I would like to use ECM more efficiency.
My problem is, i dont know who enemy need ECM, because most of time he dont target me, so when I use 4-6 ECM i cant do that effectively because i dont know who need ECM, and who dont.

And other probelm, ECM-d, not ECM-d sentences aren't so different in combatlog.

So then i would like to in combatlog more difference.

I would like to something on enemy who was ecm'd or something. We need a solution for that i think can will find. IF anybody has a good idea tell it.
(Supressor same thing)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: I would like to "easier" use ECM

ok, translation:

1. as dedicated ECM user, you would like to see which opponent is targeting someone else of your squad aside of yourself.
Currently the only way to know is, that the locked on is telling you.

2. Combat log messages regarding ECM and Supressor are confusing, but the only way to notice if youre ECM has hit someone who was not locking you. (see point 1)

i want to add:
3. there is no indicator which ewar module is used on which target

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Possibly add an extension that boasts your ECCM Skill/resistence?  I know there is skills to enhance your ECM abilities how about one to enhance your ECCM ability?

Annihilator wrote:

ok, translation:

1. as dedicated ECM user, you would like to see which opponent is targeting someone else of your squad aside of yourself.
Currently the only way to know is, that the locked on is telling you.

2. Combat log messages regarding ECM and Supressor are confusing, but the only way to notice if youre ECM has hit someone who was not locking you. (see point 1)

i want to add:
3. there is no indicator which ewar module is used on which target

1. Too much information for everyone

2.  Great Idea over all.

3.  Really unnecessary overall.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

5 (edited by Inda 2011-09-30 08:03:13)

Thank you Anni!

Ville: We can thinking about that, these idea similiar for you can extension to resist in battle caracter (think about after what will be happened) i like more customisable, but balance is hard to them.

01: Wrote the problems, thank you. But I hope we can solve these problem. If anybody want more info about ECM.

My idea, if thats possible, you just see who need ECM, if you targetted. So dont see everybody just you, and just who was targetted.

Any ideas?

Just see the problem, the ew modules is attack modules, what do feel if you dont look when you fight (with weopon) who has how many HP, so that infos I think needed.

(Sorry for bad english :S)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

well, difference between ewar and weapons, that spawned this topic:

1. weapons do need primary target, so you always know which weapon fires on which target (all of them your primary)

2. weapons do have visual effect - you see who is shooting at someone else, or you see someones hitpoints drop in squad. EWAR visuals do not have a drawn "line" between "caster" and target, only a really small, invisible at range FX on the target.

3. I think Indas request would already be solved if squad window would show "this person is beeing locked by enemy", and adding an "assist" keybind like you have in other games.
= assist will lock the last one who did a hostile action towards the selected squadmate

All this could be added to squad features, eventually unlocked by a module, or extension. (squad leadership!),
while current squad features are added to corp (other topic from me in this forum section!)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

well, difference between ewar and weapons, that spawned this topic:

1. weapons do need primary target, so you always know which weapon fires on which target (all of them your primary)

2. weapons do have visual effect - you see who is shooting at someone else, or you see someones hitpoints drop in squad. EWAR visuals do not have a drawn "line" between "caster" and target, only a really small, invisible at range FX on the target.

3. I think Indas request would already be solved if squad window would show "this person is beeing locked by enemy", and adding an "assist" keybind like you have in other games.
= assist will lock the last one who did a hostile action towards the selected squadmate

All this could be added to squad features, eventually unlocked by a module, or extension. (squad leadership!),
while current squad features are added to corp (other topic from me in this forum section!)

yes and no ... you should see on which target you have active modules (ewar, weapons, remote assistance).

however the status of the enemy robot except HP should not be visible to you. it's on squad coms to solve this.

There's a difference between knowing which targets to lock and ECM and which one's you've already locked and if ECM was succesful.

FC says "Keep that Seth and Ictus ECM'd"

If you have (4) ECM's, you'll want to know if the attempt to ECM was successful, if its not then you'll need to hit it with another module.

While that information is in the combat log, it should be more prominent in the UI.

If the FC says "ECM any bot that locks me"

That's different and should not be information directly available. However, in both cases this required voice and both parties knowing the same language to communicate targets. Having Squad Icons available to mark targets would be ideal. In either scenerio then, the FC either pre-marks or marks the targets as they lock with a ECM marker. In conjunction with a visual UI indicator, using ECM would be streamlined without providing requiring the system to provide additional enemy information.

I think this is a good idea that can be solved with several modifications.
1.    Allow users to change the text size and color of events in the combat log
2.    Change combat log to reflect resists as something like “missed ECM”
3.    Last would rather difficult to do and may not be worth DEV's time at the moment but they could change squad interface the show who is being targeted with a highlight in their name area.
-    I don’t think it would be wise the show which opponent is targeting your squad mate only that they are being targeted.
-    Why? Because your robots sensors are not that adept !!!

In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone.
~Bill Gates~

Beasty wrote:

I think this is a good idea that can be solved with several modifications.
1.    Allow users to change the text size and color of events in the combat log
2.    Change combat log to reflect resists as something like “missed ECM”
3.    Last would rather difficult to do and may not be worth DEV's time at the moment but they could change squad interface the show who is being targeted with a highlight in their name area.
-    I don’t think it would be wise the show which opponent is targeting your squad mate only that they are being targeted.
-    Why? Because your robots sensors are not that adept !!!

enable combat log to display more than 10 lines ...

Arga wrote:

That's different and should not be information directly available. However, in both cases this required voice and both parties knowing the same language to communicate targets. Having Squad Icons available to mark targets would be ideal. In either scenerio then, the FC either pre-marks or marks the targets as they lock with a ECM marker. In conjunction with a visual UI indicator, using ECM would be streamlined without providing requiring the system to provide additional enemy information.

Yes voice comms are a great addition to playing the game however I completely understand Inda's want for a change. As a fellow E-war pilot, more times than not your only direction from a FC will come as the battle is in its first seconds as locks are being aquired... "Primary X secondary Y ECM V and spread D-mobs please". This inturns makes V low on the target list. But the battle feild being liquid X and Y may fall back and FC calls V as primary. Now as Inda and the other skilled E-war pilots know you switch targets and ECM a secondary or alt target when your target is called Primary even if FC forgot his valuable chess peice we continue to wreck havoc to peoples locking/range/and accumulator. Sometimes a newer less experianced FC won't even give you a target to "F#%$ with" so watching the battlefield form and knowing who is likely a High DPS, FC or Ewar pilot gives you an edge, but if you could see who is targeting your best DPS, FC or Support would be a helpful edge to any FC/ E-war pilot.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Seing who targets who would be a bit too easy.
But I'm all for better indicators in landmarks and elsewhere.

Khader Khan wrote:

but if you could see who is targeting your best DPS, FC or Support would be a helpful edge to any FC/ E-war pilot.

How would this information be displayed in any useable format?

In a large battle there could be 10 or 20 robots Prime or secondary targeting your main DPS, and 100's of 'locks' on both sides.

I could possibly see if a Target of Target system, where if you have a player locked you can see a something like a 'blue' recticle around all their targets. But that is more then just helpful, that's some serious real-time battle information smile

Maybe if it was a module, or I've mentioned this before about the next Tier of modules having 1 more function, so add it to Tier 5 ECM.

Arga wrote:

There's a difference between knowing which targets to lock and ECM and which one's you've already locked and if ECM was succesful.

FC says "Keep that Seth and Ictus ECM'd"

If you have (4) ECM's, you'll want to know if the attempt to ECM was successful, if its not then you'll need to hit it with another module.

While that information is in the combat log, it should be more prominent in the UI.

If the FC says "ECM any bot that locks me"

In EVE, you could see EWAR results for ECM modules. There was a progress bar counting down on the  target that had a successful ECM cycle applied. However ECM in EVE prevented you to relock for the cycle duration.

Here you only need to know the success or failure so indication is hit and miss (literaly). It's on the individual pilot to think about relock times of the target and cycle modules appropriately.

How about, when someone is successfully jammed, everyone sees an ECM symbol above their heads for 3 seconds. (or 5 seconds, or some short period so it doesn't get confusing). That way no one needs to know whos locking who and the overview isn't completely cluttered with useless information, but the ewar bots get the useful information they are after.

Lana, I think thats achievable if DEV's can do this, somebody see any problem with that?

Energy to Earth!

yeah, sounds simple - turning ECM into a short-time debuff, with a really short duration, effect has only 1 cycle but showing the effect and timer like any other debuff.

this should be doable

I don't need it to be a timed de-buff I just would like to know easier than scouring my combatlog. A blue ecm symbol over there targeting bracket for 2 seconds would be great.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

sorry, for thinking in terms of what the DEVs could implement with existing game mechanics wink

The target brackets only showing effects that the target is using at you (they see that you are using ECM on them as long as your ECM cycles)

20 (edited by Ydyp Ieva 2011-10-06 09:28:19)

Hugh Ruka wrote:

In EVE, you could see EWAR results for ECM modules. There was a progress bar counting down on the  target that had a successful ECM cycle applied. However ECM in EVE prevented you to relock for the cycle duration.

Here you only need to know the success or failure so indication is hit and miss (literaly). It's on the individual pilot to think about relock times of the target and cycle modules appropriately.

In EVE it is indeed easy to see if an ECM cycle is successfull (or any other cycle of EW) because of the bar of the duration beneath the lock. And I'm all for it to make it more visible here as well if your ECM (or other EW) was successfull. But only to the person using the module and not everyone on the field.

As an EWAR pilot, what I have done is resized the combat log width. Now what happens is that a succcessful jam on a target will now take up 2 lines of text in the combat log, and an unssuccessful one will only take up one line. If I see one line, imeadiately activate the next ECM module, if you get the same result, then activate the next one, if that is also unsuccessful, yell for help and get the hell out of Dodge smile