Topic: I have 2 bad idea

Hi!

I have 2 bad idea, but maybe if we talking about we will see any aspects.

idea1: I like if anybody has same EP, so if somebody join Perpetuum, he will get all EP what I had after start. Then will get 1 EP/minute.
Why not?

idea2: I like if dont be rock-paper-scissors things, because that not so good for 1 v 1 pvp, and few vs few pvp.
why not?

I know thats unreal now, and always but I hope we can talking about that ideas. And why still has other way Perpetuum, if anybody want share her/his idea do it if anybody want flame or troll please dont do it, i wouldnt like it a huge unreadable topic.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: I have 2 bad idea

Inda wrote:

Hi!

I have 2 bad idea, but maybe if we talking about we will see any aspects.

idea1: I like if anybody has same EP, so if somebody join Perpetuum, he will get all EP what I had after start. Then will get 1 EP/minute.
Why not?

idea2: I like if dont be rock-paper-scissors things, because that not so good for 1 v 1 pvp, and few vs few pvp.
why not?

I know thats unreal now, and always but I hope we can talking about that ideas. And why still has other way Perpetuum, if anybody want share her/his idea do it if anybody want flame or troll please dont do it, i wouldnt like it a huge unreadable topic.

Later on once older players have a few million EP and there is so much new content I expect that a bonus pool of EP will be given to players when they start that means they'll gain EP at an accelerated rate.

Honestly I'm going to write up another post soon like this to ask if a new reset system I have in mind using EP pools and EP streams and extensions can be added to these pools.. etc.. Still trying to pin it all down before posting it.

I like these threads. smile

Keep challenging the way things are done and sometimes something beautiful is made.

It's easy to see why Recruit-a-friend with similar EP would be a bad idea, i.e. persitant world blah blah for the discussion though-

The current progression system isn't a leveling effort based leveling system, it is time based. The friends analogy in WOW allows players to speed up their effort based leveling to max level so they can join thier friends at an appropriate level of play.

Ignoring everything else and just concentrating on the concept of the request, which is providing some way for friends to play together, even if they have very different EP pools -

Conceptually, it simply doesn't fit into the perpetuum game model. With a large playerbase and continual new players, the world will stratify. If it was possible to simply 'jump' past all the new layers, the game would end up in a situation where it was too top heavy. So while the idea sounds innocent enough, and would be a great boon to anyone with access to friends of high EP, the game would be barren at the newb level. Without fresh players working thier way through the EP gain, the end game will become quickly over crowded.

I do however agree with Alex, and I've posted so before, that the starting extensions be increased as the game progresses. I don't feel that giving more EP at the start is a good idea, because it allows too much specialization. In other words, new players shouldn't be able to login and fit a termis on day 1, which is what would happen if the EP pool kept increasing. Provide more extension levels, like more navigation (if not removing it completely), marketing, and mining yeilds.

It's rock paper scissors lizard Spock.

Arga wrote:

...analogy in WOW...

I like night and blood elf chicks as much as the next guy, but what's WoW have to do with Perp?

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

read on either side of the ...'s and you'll see