Topic: Package idea

Hi!

I have an idea (and i heard that in EVE exist). Thats very good that we have package possibility, that many times needed.

Package: you can pack up the choosen modules and anything, and then you can do a password, name where do you want hauling. After that you can trade or, put in corporation hangars anybody can haul.

Maybe after you can put on market if anybody interesting player haulings. So i think is very very worth to do it. I dont know how much time need to do this implement into the game but i think not too much for what worth it.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Package idea

It's called courier contracts and it has already been asked multiple times (and hopefully heard by the devs).

A few basic things that would make courier contracts possible.

It requires (2) items; Package module and X-fer module.

Package module doesn't leave the outpost, owner places items to be xfered in Package module.
    The courier picks up a data transfer module, the size of the module is dependant on the U's in the package. The more U's the more power it consumes to complete the transfer, hence the data module has the same U requirement as the package.
    The module contains no data, simply transfer information.
    Once at the destination, the xfer module is deposited and the contract is complete.
    To complete the transfer, the original owner must double click on the x-fer module, the package module appears at the new location.

Each module has a NIC cost. They are available in 8, 20, and 80U power increments.
The Xfer module's power is only good for 24 hours after it is removed from the package module. A new xfer module can be purchased and associated with the package.

- Game play

A player buys a Package and Xfer module of the desired size. The items don't need to be packaged because they are never 'outside' of a personal storage. Either a game mechanic is added that allows players to put the package on the market, with a source/destination and payment, or its handled manually between players. In some manner, the data module is put into the 'couriers' personal storage, and is added to thier cargo like any other item.

If it's auto-matic, then the mechanic will accept the package at the other end and place it in the owners private storage. If it's manual then the owner must be there to recieve it.

If the courier is delayed more than 24 hours, or the bot is destroyed or the courier simply chooses not to complete the haul. The module times out and the owner is informed. The 'cargo' however is not lost, because it never left the personal storage.

Optionally, the xfer module can be required to be purchased by the courier. This places some incentive on thier end to complete the mission. The cost of the module would be added to the reward for completion.

DIDN'T I JUST ASK YOU FOR A LIST!!!!!

I WANT A LIST DAM IT>

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

I hope that if they do put in a system like this that they could add in the ability to leave a package of stuff for someone to pick up later so you can trade things without being online and in the same station at the same time. The two systems would have a lot of similar code.