Topic: Ideas of new content, instead of rebalansing old stuff

Hello dear developers and players!
I'm, as many players, dream about more content. I want to see a lot of additional new robots, modules and etc.
I propose to discuss a bit about melee robots. People is talking about it a long time.
Of course now there is gauss, short-range ammo/slugs/missiles etc. But this is not enough (IMHO).
I propose to introduce a new type of robots which will change balance in PvP and will bring a fresh blood into the game.
- Pelistal robots with flamethrowers which will cause a thermal damage.
- Thelodica robots with vibrating blades, causing damage kinetic.
- Nuimquol robots with acoustic generators, causing seismic damage.
I suggest to create robots that will be anti-class vs their anti-class race.
I think that new Nuimqols and Thelodica should have a shield bonus. Pelistal must be with strong resistance.
The effective range of such robots should be equal to 0. The falloff about 50 meters. The weapon damage type should be front-AOE.
New thelodica bots should be faster to make power over ranged blue bots. New nuimquols should have slower speed but have demob resistance,
New pelistals should be slowest, because of plate tanking.

Weapons:
Flamethrowers should have sort of liquid propellant charges
Acoustic generators should have sort of charges
Thelodica melee weapons should use only accumulator, and as consequence theese bots will have cap and injector bonus because of insane cap usage

AOE:
Flamethrowers should have fixed area of front damage, with increased DPS from extension
Acoustic generators should use seismology extension
Vibroblades DPS should rely of target count what on damage range: more targets, less damage.

Also I would like to propose to increase size of ammo, and add dedicated ammo containers to the bot body, to make "composite" equipment.

Everyone should understand that any balancing generates only new a disbalance.

Сайт корпорации: www.chaos-online.ru
Раздел приема в корпорацию: http://www.chaos-online.ru/foru....-perpetuum/

Re: Ideas of new content, instead of rebalansing old stuff

POS !

"Melee Weapons"
Super hard for me not to think of this garbage:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_b_LLegHgbsI/T … ttlerV.jpg
http://www.cosplayisland.com/files/cost … d_mmpr.jpg

"AoE Weapons"
Can hit some pretty solid practical walls trying to get these into MMO PvP in high volume, especially in a game with no player collision. Would also need a new interface for indirect targeting. No, locking the ground wouldn't be good enough. tongue

"Close range megadeath"
The most promising. Could seriously overpower death explosions, though: face-hugger DPS + AoE death = top-notch suicide bomber. But close-range fights are intense and dramatic (70-100m or so).

Melee weapons -
well, look at the Robopedias Tyrannos picture, do you notice something?
already stated somewhere else that unfit arm slots should be usable for something by default, and also that Mech weapon-arms that can actually transform into hands (med. Neuts, drainer and Gropho missiles) could do the same

AoE weapons ?
allready in the works for some time (small grenade launcher was announced together with the Symbiont during early beta, with pictures) waiting for release. this could have been the balancing change towards group-erp tanks, instead of nerfing the tank alone

Close range megadeath?
lithus with armor plates and a Neut, thats comes close to a micro-nuke with 120m explosion radius
asking for more suicide death bots?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Campana 2011-08-29 00:48:50)

As a nuimquol pilot, I totally demand vibrating blades.

I don't think it's fair that thelodica pilots should get them at all. Mechs that shoot rainbows have no self respect whatsoever and vibrating blades would just be wasted on them.

More seriously, I think the game is not set up right for melee. I mean, I really love melee classes in games, and I can't think of anything more fun than to descend on another robot like a whirlwind of death and rip its head off, but frankly it doesn't fit Perpetuum.

We don't have player collision, the movement in the game just doesn't feel right for kiting round each other at a distance of a few metres, and on top of that there is explosion damage.

"...playing a game is the voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles."
Bernard Suits, 1978

It just will force to search for new ways of defence. Demobs, neutralizers and ECM already are in game.

Actually maybe you have more good ideas on content development?

7 (edited by Hunter 2011-09-01 09:49:30)

Campana wrote:

As a nuimquol pilot, I totally demand vibrating blades.

I don't think it's fair that thelodica pilots should get them at all. Mechs that shoot rainbows have no self respect whatsoever and vibrating blades would just be wasted on them.

More seriously, I think the game is not set up right for melee. I mean, I really love melee classes in games, and I can't think of anything more fun than to descend on another robot like a whirlwind of death and rip its head off, but frankly it doesn't fit Perpetuum.

We don't have player collision, the movement in the game just doesn't feel right for kiting round each other at a distance of a few metres, and on top of that there is explosion damage.

Are now effective blue against green, green against yellow, yellow against the blue. I have specially suggested to create a class of robots to make all on the contrary.

8 (edited by Hunter 2011-08-30 17:53:41)

topic moved

After the explosion, remain "legs" of robots. I propose to create new industrial robots (and equip) wich able to extract valuable resources from these remains.

This is not sandbox. This is a Box of Chocolates...

No balance posts? Really?

There were already alots of threads about melee. Do we really need one more?

However, poisoned plasma axe FTW!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

No balance posts? Really?

There were already alots of threads about melee. Do we really need one more?

However, poisoned plasma axe FTW!

Ух ты, лина, ты глаза накрасила? Ну тебе идет, че тут еще сказать!

This is not sandbox. This is a Box of Chocolates...