Topic: How Smart

So when balancing and taking in to consideration how difficult it is to counter something and the level of intelligence required for Balance what do we want to see?

Last i was told PO wanted to go in a direction of more challenging play requiring greater skill with dynamic play.

Recent action show a direction towards linear play like a FPS of who can shoot first.

So i ask the community, how easy do you want PO to be, or how difficult. I mean heaven forbid you have to change your fit to be able to take someone elses fit down, that just silly.

PS: nothing to do with Lemon but everything to do with dumbing the game down.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Re: How Smart

Any chance I could get an "I win" button installed on my Riveler?

From a balance view, Lemon as an example, a single bot fit should be able to be counter by a second bot fit.

What I mean by that, is it was possible to counter Lemon, but you couldn't do it with just 1 bot; the drainer would break the tank but it couldn't kill you.

I'm not sure if i'm saying this right, or maybe it was possible for someone to kill Lemon 1v1. But that would be my idea of a game with smart balancing, I can counter bot Fit A with bot Fit B. This extends to 2v2, if I have a Bot setup to use an indy support, a single bot shouldn't be able to beat it, but 2 correctly fit counters should., and so on.

Arga wrote:

What I mean by that, is it was possible to counter Lemon, but you couldn't do it with just 1 bot; the drainer would break the tank but it couldn't kill you.

Have you wondered why iktus have missile slots? Have you wondered why ew-mechs have weapon slots? Have you wondered why some dps bots have engeneering slots?

I have nothing else to say on topic... im tired

Maybe I'm tired too and not following. The lemon bot wasn't weaponless right, so he could fight back as you were draining? Like I said, if it was possible to single bot counter it... that someone acutally did, not in theory, that's balanced then. It _seems_ like a counter-fit mech should be able to counter it 1-1, but did it happen?

There is at least 1 counterbot to each erp tanks. Tested.

It _seems_ like a counter-fit mech should be able to counter it 1-1, but did it happen?

Lol, if its not happened lets break the ballance.

Arga, Lets assume we view this 1v1 balance. Not a single bot would die vs a Lemon unless it was FORCED to engage it.

I am not trying to angle this towards that bot being changed or what not. Again i am after how will this game go and develop and many levels of difficulty.

Considering a Lemon fit would only kill a bot if it fit a exact criteria in a 1v1 you then enter the human error level for balance.

Was the target dumb enough to get Demobed, Give up terrain advantage? Use E-war? Shield?

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

ITT bitter lemon

Imo it would make more sense if Heavies kept the level of durability they had before but with a substantial nerf to their offensive capabilities.

In line with the "tank" theme

This has nothing to do with tanking... but the difficulty of play that should be within PO

Undefeated 2013

Ah, so you want them to revert the changes without sacrificing anything. Good luck with that wink

No.. im asking YOU the PLAYERS

Undefeated 2013

Nerf lemon and anything he uses. That is the only solution.

Lemon wrote:

So when balancing and taking in to consideration how difficult it is to counter something and the level of intelligence required for Balance what do we want to see?

Last i was told PO wanted to go in a direction of more challenging play requiring greater skill with dynamic play.

Recent action show a direction towards linear play like a FPS of who can shoot first.

So i ask the community, how easy do you want PO to be, or how difficult. I mean heaven forbid you have to change your fit to be able to take someone elses fit down, that just silly.

PS: nothing to do with Lemon but everything to do with dumbing the game down.

*** crybaby.

Smokeyii wrote:

*** crybaby.

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Undefeated 2013

15 (edited by Trap Card 2011-08-27 09:08:49)

Lemon wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

*** crybaby.

WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Observers are now way too powerful!
Apart from that the game IS balanced and IS easy. smile

17 (edited by Mammoth 2011-08-27 18:37:22)

Every fit Lemon runs gets nerfed. They should honestly hire him for QA wink

Next stop: Lemon is training his industrial level. Pheer the lemon miners (and not in the "he will kill you and explode" sense)

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I'll believe it when I see it... that lazy b*tch only knows how to ask for T4 goodies, I have yet to see him running the proper 6-8 mining accounts everyone else runs. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Can someone explain how balance changes, whether they are effective or not, dumb down the game?

21 (edited by Hunter 2011-08-30 02:23:05)

-

Everyone should understand that any balancing generates only new a disbalance.

Сайт корпорации: www.chaos-online.ru
Раздел приема в корпорацию: http://www.chaos-online.ru/foru....-perpetuum/

By less diversity, soon we will just run with guns on lights because it's not worth to fit anything else(with a demob or ecm on a lonely e-war).

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

The most funny thing what i saw on forum is that one people asking about nerfing endgame stuff, one about boosting. All of them providing numbers, formulas according to their vision of combat.

Without knowing of PvP principles in this game, we cant find compromise, guys.

I just want to know what is this principle, what can explain what balance should be. Why some bonus should be +0.05 not +0.02, and what gap between light and heavy should be.

No-one here cant give answer, while devs will not tell us the real state of their plan.

Till that, we can throw numbers and subjective arguments to each other.

Thread lacks content as well as the title. Closed.