Topic: Permanent marking on radar

Please, add a way to add a permanent waypoint on your radar. That way is easier to share with your squad a destination....

Re: Permanent marking on radar

Don't really see the point

This Is Your Mother Speaking.

I think there's a way to send waypoints to people on your friends list, possibly your squad. Is that what you're looking for? R-click on a waypoint from the list in the map sidebar.

More scribble options (longer lasting lines, different location ping types, etc.) will start to require a much more complex interface, eventually turning the radar into a mini paint program. Could be really useful for coordinating terraform projects, perhaps. Not worth the complexity in the meantime, I think.

4 (edited by EaGLe BR 2011-08-22 14:59:07)

Your Mom wrote:

Well, you should play more MMOs. Almost every recently MMO has it... so i guess there is a reason.

http://aggronaut.com/wp-content/uploads … ypoint.png

Arilou wrote:

I think there's a way to send waypoints to people on your friends list, possibly your squad. Is that what you're looking for? R-click on a waypoint from the list in the map sidebar.

Sharing your previously marked waypoints is not the same since you have to previously be on the place to mark it...

Your Mom wrote:

I'm with Your Mom on this one.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

6 (edited by Arga 2011-08-22 19:41:48)

If your talking about only your own radar, that feature is coming, where you can create waypoints on your map without actually driving out to the site. If your talking about actually making a drawing on the radar, your own again, there's no mention of that being implemented.

Also, are you talking about the Map or the Radar?

edit: I could see how making notes and battle plans on the Map would be useful.

You could just use a sharpie marker on the screen.  That'd be a fairly permanent way to place information on your radar.

Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)

8 (edited by Hayek 2011-08-23 18:42:15)

Arga wrote:

Also, are you talking about the Map or the Radar?

edit: I could see how making notes and battle plans on the Map would be useful.

radar.

example (taken from rift):
http://aggronaut.com/wp-content/uploads … ypoint.png

Johnny EvilGuy wrote:

You could just use a sharpie marker on the screen.  That'd be a fairly permanent way to place information on your radar.

If you don't like the idea, fine; but if others MMO out there have it, it's probably because someone is using it...

until you have something useful to tell, go troll some other topic

The ability to create waypoints on was listed in the dev blog as incoming. You can then choose to display waypoints on your radar.

The DEV Arga has spoken! Nyeah!

Hayek wrote:

If you don't like the idea, fine; but if others MMO out there have it, it's probably because someone is using it...

until you have something useful to tell, go troll some other topic

Sorry I hurt your feelings by disagreeing about the validity of your idea.  Don't take it personally.

As for your other point, it MMOs developers will implement what they feel is most beneficial to them from a features standpoint in order to generate income that will perpetuate (see what I did there?) business operations by keeping existing customers happy and bring in new customers.  A constant, reliable revenue stream is a goal and the realistic necessity that drives any firm to engage in operations.  The argument you present "other MMOs are doing it" isn't a self-supporting claim.  It needs supportive context and a connection to how that applies in a beneficial way to Perp-O.  Who's using it?  What are they using it for?  Where does it fit into the other MMO's feature ecosystem as a player benefiting tool?

Squad leader should have a longer ping feature.

I liked the suggestion to make right-click once short ping and double click a longer ping. but there's still the probable issue of the radar section with the ping not being viewed. if player is zoomed to show 1200M in detail, and your ping is off screen, its' still going to be missed. No to 'auto' focus map to ping however. What may work better is a seperate combat radar/map combo for strategic deployments and leave the current radar for tactical info.

if the devs are already adding a way to place waypoints anywhere and sharing them with others, so I guess my request will be granted soon.

/close topic