Re: Perpetuum Radio?

Would love to have a Banjo/Bluegrass hour (or two, or three or four!). Pretty sure there's plenty of "free" banjo/bluegrass music out there to be had.

I have never done internet Radio DJ´ing. I used to do it regular as resident when I was a bit younger. But that were the vinyl days. I´d be very interessted to participate within this project.

I will be on holiday vacations the next 2 1/2 weeks and online only on an irregular basis.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

28 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-18 17:04:03)

MoBIoS wrote:

I have never done internet Radio DJ´ing. I used to do it regular as resident when I was a bit younger. But that were the vinyl days. I´d be very interessted to participate within this project.

I will be on holiday vacations the next 2 1/2 weeks and online only on an irregular basis.

Well we're still working on setup, so ofc enjoy your summer holiday times smile

Line wrote:

I'd better recommend you to contact DEVs with next thing - you write PO-loke music, they add best of it into the game, both alpha and beta islands (last ones are hardly need new music imho).

If there is not only music you want to add (i.e. podcasts aswell), then anyway, PO should have some internal mechanic for such things. Everything external will be not enough popular.

As for writing music for the Devs... we'll just play theirs and their friends' stuff - easier, since they know a ton of musicians. wink  If my version of the history of Perp is right, the game pretty much started almost on a song.

Any contest like that which whey would want to run would have to be run by them, not through them, and one thing at a time or nothing gets finished.  A good habit Perp should keep as close to as possible.

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Winter Solstice wrote:

and one thing at a time or nothing gets finished.  A good habit Perp should keep as close to as possible.

Did I ever tell you, your my hero ...

I will NOT be singing that on Perp Karoke night though. Probably "These Boots are made for walking" in q major.

30 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-18 18:15:31)

Arga wrote:
Winter Solstice wrote:

and one thing at a time or nothing gets finished.  A good habit Perp should keep as close to as possible.

Did I ever tell you, your my hero ...

I will NOT be singing that on Perp Karoke night though. Probably "These Boots are made for walking" in q major.

.. and you are the wind beneath my wings? smile

But yes.  Unfinished/broken stuff buried under 'look shiny new' is an angry scar an the psyches of some big_smile So heck, those of us who have the free time, we can do this instead wink

Someone will also have to sing "16 tons".

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

I forgot to mention when I was giving Arga a hard time over Second Life....thanks for going live with the radio station.  It takes effort, time, energy, and so forth to do this stuff for the community and it doesn't go unnoticed.

Yeah Arga, all you get are two lines...and I'm not leaving anyway.  You will be disappointed to know that my minimalistic activities will continue to be a thorn in your side for the forseeable future.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Arga wrote:

"These Boots are made for walking

These Bots are made for walking? Surley just a typo big_smile

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

That's how i'll sing it for sure now smile

If you want to contribute to Syndicate Radio, we need the following things:

a. 24 hour Streams for most of the week, put together a large playlist that runs for 24 hours showcasing some style/taste of music. This would be where you come in... want to hear Banjo music? Electronic? Rock? Trip Hop? Country? Crazy wobble dubstep? Super underground German techno? Put together a playlist and post here. You can also optionally include propaganda clips between the tracks for your corporation, but nothing offensive or trolling. Kind of like cold war / WW2 propaganda. Or even industrial corps running adds for things

b. Live/Prerecorded DJ Sets / Smaller selections of music

c. Commercials about an Arkhe MK3 taking down an entire Gropho fleet. You know, like the super exaggerated commercials from the grand theft auto games. People who can make audio stuff and want to help out and have time to kill.

We already have people involved from all different alliances/groups (Retribution, Wambullance, TOG/NeX) and many corporations. All corps welcome to contribute.... beta corps... industrial alpha corps, Argano worship corps etc.

This is an open ended kind of thing... we wan't to hear what you guys what to hear / get from Syndicate Radio. Open to any suggestions. We are still working on the formatting of the radio / some easy way to see schedules and make them work.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

You can also optionally include propaganda clips between the tracks for your corporation, but nothing offensive or trolling. Kind of like cold war / WW2 propaganda. Or even industrial corps running adds for things

c. Commercials about an Arkhe MK3 taking down an entire Gropho fleet. You know, like the super exaggerated commercials from the grand theft auto games. People who can make audio stuff and want to help out and have time to kill.

^ This, wholeheartedly. I'll gladly help with "commercials." I'm a theatre major focusing in sound design, you send me the scripts I'll get talent to "help me stay up to speed" and get some clips. Love the propaganda concept.

If you guys have some empty blocks of time to fill, I'll gladly draw from my library. Granted I have no idea how to get my stuff 'up there', but that's just details.

37 (edited by Sundial 2011-08-20 20:13:09)

Doek wrote:

If you guys have some empty blocks of time to fill, I'll gladly draw from my library. Granted I have no idea how to get my stuff 'up there', but that's just details.

Yes, we have plenty of blocks to fill.

We are using icecast as the streaming server. I would recommend hooking Jetcast DSP up with Winamp/AIMP if you are on windows. On Linux, I am sure there are some good free solutions.

I think we have decided to go with OGG for streaming since it is royalty free and well supported (comes with Jetcast DSP)

I guess as a goal we will start broadcasting this upcoming monday. For now we can just keep in this thread who is going on air when.

August 22 (Monday) -
August 23 (Tuesday) -
August 24 (Wednesday) -
August 25 (Thursday) -
August 26 (Friday) -
August 27 (Saturday) -
August 28 (Sunday) -

Just post which kind/s of music you wish to play and if you have a preference on the day.

Ill start off

Sundial - Ambient/IDM/Experimental - No preference for day, will fill the first empty block there is.
Arga - Eclectic - Later this next week
Ultroth - ????
Winter Solstice - whiny chick music

Still need to get this installed, but I guess you could call it Eclectic , no preference on day either. Maybe a little later in the week in case I fail at setup this weekend. smile

I can share some deep space Ambient tracks or some Trance tracks. Prefer EU evening.

Sign me up for this aswell plz yarr

meh

This Is Your Mother Speaking.

I could offer some playlist, but it would be my personal music so not sure how legalities tie in there. Also, my music varies wildly so not sure how well received it might be by the community tongue but I can look into it for you?

43 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-20 07:14:23)

RL sort of punched me in the face in the last 24hrs.  ATM the only thing I can assemble 24hrs of with a decent 'randomosity' is female vocalists (read: whiny chick music) which I have 49 hours of.

----

44 (edited by Sundial 2011-08-20 20:14:14)

Winter Solstice wrote:

RL sort of punched me in the face in the last 24hrs.  ATM the only thing I can assemble 24hrs of with a decent 'randomosity' is female vocalists (read: whiny chick music) which I have 49 hours of.

It can repeat alot tongue

My radio playlist is only 30 songs that will be rotated.

Still want to do whiny chick music tongue

45 (edited by Winter Solstice 2011-08-21 01:36:43)

I still could, yes! wink  It's going to be that or the same stuff everyone else already owns (VNV, ABerzerk, etc - which i have 19hrs.)

Sadly im not fancy and again, rl, face, punched, but can broadcast randomized until I can get back on my own two feet.

edit: yeh we'll just go with vnv, Aberzerk, cut.rate.box, devision, etc.

----

I think it would be better to start one week from now, giving us time to work a few more details out / giving people time to put their playlists together.

Still looking for more selectors/DJs! Common CIR... You can't tell me non of you want to do this big_smile

I can prolly put together 1-2 other playlists if necessary in the meantime; if we use them we use them, if not, oh well.

----

I also need to post a guide on how to set this up and how to play back tongue

Im such a slacker

Sundial wrote:

I also need to post a guide on how to set this up and how to play back tongue

Im such a slacker

indeed, your pay will be cut 50% for this. wink

what we wanna get 'eventually' is a toolbar player.  I will contact someone who knows someone who may be willing to pass on the knowhow/software for this wink (knowhow good, software bestest)

----

50 (edited by Mark Zima 2011-08-22 13:49:10)

What's a toolbar player?
(Sorry for my uninformedness but I honestly have no idea what it means.)