Topic: Some basic gameplay and UI improvements

1) Ability to link items on chat (drag and drop a module into chat and like the item's name and description)

2) Ability to load all weapons with the same kind of ammo with a single right click command. As it stands, you have to right click each gun and tell it to load a different type of ammo. Very unwieldy.

3) Ability to store bot fittings, and link them in chat.

4) Ability to mouse over EWAR and status icons in landmarks window and have it pop up text telling us what that effect means (Icons are not really very descriptive of the effect on you, you can only learn this from experience... which is bad, since you can potentially lose a bot like this)

5) Ability to group weapons and modules.

6) A tactical overlay that lets you see your maximum gun range, optimal, and gun LOS

Re: Some basic gameplay and UI improvements

All round, good suggestions that need improving, I don't get grouping weapons though, you can use space bar to shoot all.

RIP PERPETUUM

3 (edited by JoJo McNugget 2011-08-15 19:04:06)

you can load all guns at once with the same ammo and have been able to for a couple of months now, you press the shift key and keep it pressed then right click a weapon and choose the ammo you wany like you would normaly and hey presto it loads all of them with that ammo.

4 (edited by Rico Rage 2011-08-15 19:13:29)

JoJo McNugget wrote:

you can load all guns at once with the same ammo and have been able to for a couple of months now, you press the shift key and keep it pressed then right click a weapon and choose the ammo you wany like you would normaly and hey presto it loads all of them with that ammo.

That seems a bit unintuitive, but glad to know there's a way to do it. If the function is already there though, it would probably be more user/newbie friendly if the right click menu had a "change ammo (all)", similar to the reload all option.

Celebro:

I was thinking along the lines of the bots that have the ability to fit multiple types of weapons at the same time. Let's say theoretiaclly I have 2 medium and 4 small weapons, or I have 2 turrets loaded with close range ammo, and 2 with long range ammo. By grouping them you give players more options for combat.

Will all the options, or even the scenarios I described above be optimal? Probably not, but the game would do well to at least give us a proper choice that doesn't involve having to manually cycle each weapon slot.

long/short range guns on same bot doesn't look viable to me stick to a fit either long or short ranged. what would space bar shoot in that case? the long/large groupings or small/short range group remeber that you can only hit I target at a time. Guns do not track the bot's body does the tracking.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

long/short range guns on same bot doesn't look viable to me stick to a fit either long or short ranged. what would space bar shoot in that case? the long/large groupings or small/short range group remeber that you can only hit I target at a time. Guns do not track the bot's body does the tracking.

alpha works only for guns, what about EWAR ?? good to have them in a separate group (neuts, drainers, demobs etc). also if I have a bot with a config like 4 missiles/2guns (tyrannos f.e.) I don't want to fire them all at once because of different ranges and LOS rules.

7) All windows (Private storage, Equip..) to be togglable

I know the code for this already exists, so could you devs please add this functionality to all windows, please..?

I'd be interested in there being a slider to allow us to adjust the size of the item icon squares. I'd like to be able to shrink my 1" squares down to about 1/4". Just a cosmetic fix but it makes keeping an eye on an open cargo window or private storage window a little more optimal.

Good suggestions.

It's a pity that suggestion number 6 would never show ranges beyond 30 meters for my bots...aside from line of sight which isn't really a factor either.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/