1 (edited by Inspiration 2011-08-15 11:46:53)

Topic: Right align and add thousands separators for market quantities

It currently is neigh impossible to read the amounts on the market properly. Are that 6 or 7 zero's, is that 1.7xxx million or 17 million units that is requested? I just can't tell without covering the last three digits with a piece op paper and I am no doubt not alone in this.

It seems too straightforward, not to include this in a near future patch.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Right align and add thousands separators for market quantities

I like the piece of paper solution.
Add that to the feature list. "Dynamic market that can be read better with the use of a small piece of paper."

All quantities or amounts should be right aligned and formatted with separators. Issue is there are different methods. I believe in Germany it's "1.000.000,00" for one million. So you'd have to add separators to the language pack rather than hard coded.

If that's already the case then do the hacks and code breaking methods to make it work.. Just like always. smile

Option to display not just in NIC, but in "thousands of NIC" and "millions of NIC" for whenever you're working only with higher-value stuff. Set your own decimal place.

i.e. 2500000 NIC = 2500 KNIC = 2.5 MNIC

Or they could just make their own format that they like for Nian currency, do it that way, and we all get used to it. But i agree some form of seperation needs to be made between all these zero's.

+1

I'm surprised that this has been done already in the alpha stage of programming.

Spaces would work well too, and might conflict less with what people are used to!

I see that in the trade window they did use spaces as a thousand separator and that is very easy to read!

Great suggestions, and certainly seems like an easy fix.

Spaces do seem like the simplest way to go, although I personally prefer the #,###.## system. People can easily adapt, just choose a convention.

Further, would be great if this type of display could be used while actually setting up buy/sell orders as well.

GLiMPSE wrote:

Or they could just make their own format that they like for Nian currency, do it that way, and we all get used to it. But i agree some form of seperation needs to be made between all these zero's.

Good idea!  I'm all about some sort of currency that has multiple units with different base values.  Where's the copper, silver, gold, plat currency system when you need it?

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/