Topic: Request: more people online

Devs, can we have moar ppl online?

Re: Request: more people online

More arganos for the argano god!

You are #5772 in line. Estimated wait is 7 years.

20% cooler in 10 seconds flat!

I don't see why you're asking the devs for more players. They are out there and they're playing but the new player experience as per meeting other players isn't really as good as it could be. Trial limitations need removing but that's all the devs can do.

Invite more people to play. Feed them carrots to keep them here and teach them the game little by little. smile

im having fun alex

Trap Card wrote:

More arganos for the argano god!

Correct as usual!

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

trial accounts need to be allowed to join player corps at the very least. Once a person gets into a corp the chanses of them staying are much higher i think.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

If trial accounts had no limitations, then Perp would be free to play for 15 days. The EP system certainly limits the advancement that a 'real' customer could make in that time, but it opens up the system for abuse since it's a player driven economy.

The question then is what do you allow, or not. Threads have basically been started requesting that both limitations are stopping new players from joining. And they are probably all correct to a degree. Let them access the market because its a huge part of the game, they need to join corps to get invested.

Then there's the 'allow them access but limit them', but that's what they have done already, allowed them access to the game but limited what they can do. So allowing them access to the market or corps, but limiting what they can do, won't be enough, which leads directly to the 15 day F2P again.

Also we are working blind. There's no data at all about how many trial accounts are opened but never sub. More important, is how many trial accounts are opened, played for 10hrs or more, then don't sub. AC has that data and I'm sure they are pouring over it looking for correlations.

Really, the trial accounts are secondary. The real statistic is how many people sub for 30 days and don't renew. Those are the players that we need to keep, they've decided they like the genere, made the commitment, then found the game lacking in some way.

Gating with the trial limitations is actually a good thing. Active vibrant PVP will keep players subbed, but to get that you need a min. player base. To grow that player base, you need players to stick around, which means providing alternate content for them until the min. player base is reached. Trial accounts aren't going to make 'vibrant' PVP in 15 days of EP, players that sub and experience the game will.

I'm in favor of trial accounts having no limitations other than a max size of assault bot and an inability to whisper or create channels. They should be able to do everything else just fine so that new players get a better idea what exactly goes on in the game.

I'd also like it if mechs required some level of competence in the skills related to their use, like 5 in adv faction specific guns and support skills!

How many applications have trail versions that for example won't allow you to save the data or work with only 5 files at the same time? wink Quite a bit. They prolly make some money.

How many of you registered and payed for WinZip? big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Want more ppl online? Go to the forums and spread the word about this game.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

AeonThePiglet wrote:

I'm in favor of trial accounts having no limitations other than a max size of assault bot and an inability to whisper or create channels. They should be able to do everything else just fine so that new players get a better idea what exactly goes on in the game.

This would be so exploitable it would be funny.

Paranoid  Marvin wrote:

This would be so exploitable it would be funny.

Dude, your chin!

Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)

Alexander wrote:

I don't see why you're asking the devs for more players. They are out there and they're playing but the new player experience as per meeting other players isn't really as good as it could be. Trial limitations need removing but that's all the devs can do.

Invite more people to play. Feed them carrots to keep them here and teach them the game little by little. smile

Someone in NeX brought this up. They need to allow trial accounts the ability to join player corps. This way new players can get more help at a more personal level etc..

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Being a new player myself and having not subbed yet, my thoughts on this are simple. Allow trial accounts to join player corps, but also make sure they are flagged in someway so Corp Leaders/Directors can manage trial accounts effectively, like removing them after 15days inactivity, etc.

One of my first experiences in eve, was joining a player run corp and being taught the basics and running my first missions and mining in a player run corp on my first night of playing. Without 'local' chat, or any close proximity chat, we are restricted in how we can communicate with others as a trial. Restricting heavily the social aspect of perp as an MMO.

Johnny EvilGuy wrote:

Dude, your chin!

I get 5% level of extra yield epriton mining with this chin, back to your cage boy.

Paranoid  Marvin wrote:
Johnny EvilGuy wrote:

Dude, your chin!

I get 5% level of extra yield epriton mining with this chin, back to your cage boy.

I can see where the chin would have shovel-like properties and therefore impart a significant bonus.  How much mass does it add?

Xeno wrote:

Being a new player myself and having not subbed yet, my thoughts on this are simple. Allow trial accounts to join player corps, but also make sure they are flagged in someway so Corp Leaders/Directors can manage trial accounts effectively, like removing them after 15days inactivity, etc.

One of my first experiences in eve, was joining a player run corp and being taught the basics and running my first missions and mining in a player run corp on my first night of playing. Without 'local' chat, or any close proximity chat, we are restricted in how we can communicate with others as a trial. Restricting heavily the social aspect of perp as an MMO.

You sir bring up a valid point..

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Posting in the subscription area of the forums makes the first part of the paragraph untrue. Logic would dictate we ignore the remainder as also potentially false. But because this isn't critical thinking 101, we'll ignore that and move on.

Because of the nature of Perp, which is very similar to Eve, allowing trials to join corps would be like christmas for players that like to run spies.