Topic: Observer kernels after last patch

I've gotten significantly worse results off observer  kernels after the patch (but same for regular kernels). This has been from a sample of around 80 observer kernels. Notably I used a bit over 20 observer assault kernels and only got 7% on one item, and another time I used 40 blue observer mech kernels for a bad outcome, and not a single move on medium em-guns.

Nonetheless, it's very difficult to be sure as the research is such a random process, but has anyone else noticed a difference?

2 (edited by Mouse Tiger 2011-08-12 09:13:58)

Re: Observer kernels after last patch

Yes, only used a few, but got almost nothing from them

Just you know, the more you have, the less chance to get anything.

I remember when we were finishing the last t4 HCL lasers the last 30% used like 20kernels (pre patch)

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Nothing has changed there, the reason is probably what Norrdec said.

I wish it was, I have not completed any T4 medium research

Never heard of getting only 7% from an observer kernal unless it was the last 7% needed to complete a tier (it doesn't go over multiple tiers)

7 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2011-08-12 21:23:55)

Might indeed have been the case Annihilator.

So, is it correct to say that the roll on a kernel is for a specific item, rather than a chance on getting research in general? (if so research is essentially 'wasted' if you complete a few researches)

Further, does this change if the kernels are consumed one-by-one compared to in bulk?

And yes Zoom, I know that nothing changed officially, but just seemed like a sudden change, so thought something might have gone wrong.

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

huh, did i post here already?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

"it doesn't go over multiple tiers"
Could be it

Annihilator wrote:
Lucius Marcellus wrote:

huh, did i post here already?

Ops, was Purgatory.... sorry!

Try to eat different types of kernals: observer -> not observer -> observer -> not observer and so on. It seems that progress will be faster.

big_smile big_smile big_smile

12 (edited by Purgatory 2011-08-13 14:22:16)

I used around 40 observer blue mech and observer heavy mech kernals just to finish off seismic ERP to T4. I had everything else, so i got 40x nothing basically, except for seismic ERP. Huge price to pay, but i wanted to complete the T4 ERP set for all types.

TRANTOR wrote:

Try to eat different types of kernals: observer -> not observer -> observer -> not observer and so on. It seems that progress will be faster.

Great, now I feel guilty tongue