Topic: getting familiar

Is there anything in game similar to eves tactical overlay?

Also my primary interest is to be a mission runner.  I enjoyed hunting belt rats and running missions for faction increases and loot.  Is this form of gaming as viable here as it was in eve?

Re: getting familiar

Radar is the best tactical overlay on offer currently.
Mission running is not very profitable but PVE rat farming is possible.
Spawns are currently static.

Nice.  Are there factions to grind for faction gear or bots via missions or otherwise?

There is currently only tiered modules but NPCs do have a very small chance of dropping these modules which is a nice reward. There are currently no rare modules unless you include Niani modules (Not the best in the game) which can be gotten from artifact containers (More an industry thing)

Thanks a lot for the reply and answering my questions

So in prepping for ratting or missions would an assault bot be suitable? Or are light bots viable?

Should probably reword this but i cant edit:

Is an assault overkill for a beginner ratter and mission runner?

I think the only trouble you'd start to have is using medium weapons on light bots.  Like in stEVE, big guns don't really hit small targets that well.  An assault bot doesn't strike me as overkill in the least.

In fact, if you want to buy a heavy mech and go thumping about, demolishing newbie drones, who's to rightfully argue that you shouldn't?  This is as sandboxy as that other game you played so enjoy yourself!

By the way, welcome to Perp!  We're glad to have you.  I hope that you enjoy the game and stick around to do stuff here.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

nope
if you can get one and drive one - and afford to lose it - nothing speaks against using one.
question is: do you have access to one as trial?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

nope
if you can get one and drive one - and afford to lose it - nothing speaks against using one.

I see them available but I cant afford it.  Im just planning my ep around using an assault with medium weapons.  In the other game I flew battlecruisers primarily (cyclone being my favorite) so Im trying to find something similiar

My main combat bot is a Baphomet which is a Thelodica Clan assault robot. It also my biggest bot since I'm still rather new to the game. You will find out quickly that it can be a challenge to pull just one rat out of a pack, so the ability to take a few more hits in an assault bot is great. Light bots are viable, I was able to complete level 1 missions just fine, but I found myself retreating a lot more to repair in them.

Descent
Selling quality ore since 2011

Omen wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

nope

I see them available but I cant afford it.  Im just planning my ep around using an assault with medium weapons.  In the other game I flew battlecruisers primarily (cyclone being my favorite) so Im trying to find something similiar

that won't work. the fittin stats of an assault bot have tight space for ONE medium weapon of the proper kind.  and assaults don't get bonuses for medium weapons.

anyway an assault is a JOAT. not too slow, good firepower and range, reasonable tank.

Hugh Ruka wrote:

anyway an assault is a GOAT. likes mountains, has a couple horns, eats anything short of rocks.

Okay, sorry Hugh...I couldn't resist "fixing" your post for you. big_smile  It looks much better this way, don't you think?

Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)

Johnny EvilGuy wrote:

I think the only trouble you'd start to have is using medium weapons on light bots.  Like in stEVE, big guns don't really hit small targets that well.  An assault bot doesn't strike me as overkill in the least.

In fact, if you want to buy a heavy mech and go thumping about, demolishing newbie drones, who's to rightfully argue that you shouldn't?  This is as sandboxy as that other game you played so enjoy yourself!

By the way, welcome to Perp!  We're glad to have you.  I hope that you enjoy the game and stick around to do stuff here.

pretty much putting a medium weapon on a assault with the Weapon size vs Target size means your going to be doing maybe like 10% more damage on 1 weapon  for double the cost

Medium missles hit for the same amount of damage on a small target that small missles do, how ever those medium missles do more damage on larger targets. on a Waspish, esp cause you loose that damage bonus from the bot extensions

Oh, err I wasn't really implying that someone would use medium guns on an assault to being with.  Words...they made not enough sense when I wrote them.  What I was getting at was the use of medium weapons on smaller targets would be the point at which the additional firepower would go from "enough" to "silly."

Clarity...not my strong suit, it seems.

Omen wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

nope

I see them available but I cant afford it.  Im just planning my ep around using an assault with medium weapons.  In the other game I flew battlecruisers primarily (cyclone being my favorite) so Im trying to find something similar

Use small weapons, like in EVE, you'll want to match the weapon size with the ship bonus, you wouldn't try and run a 1400mm arty cane ^^