Topic: Item costs due to updates?

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the removal of espitium from most T1 modules/addition of high-concentration ores will effect the prices of T1 T2-T4 modules and ammo?

Re: Item costs due to updates?

Do the math you must! big_smile

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

intresting question.

one thing is clear: t0 (flawed) items should be worth more now wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Prices of t1 stuff is usually determined by the costs of the materials + production. 

so with them not having the most valuable materials in them anymore, along with them being easier to produce, theoretically means they should nose dive in price as the supply out strips the demand.

The price of T1 gear will drop and you could see a little relief in T2, but it won't effect the prices of t3-t4 much. Remember that it takes billions of NIC to get the ability to prototype some T4 items, and the consumer is going to end up paying for that, so the removal of 50-100k's worth of espitium in the T4 chain isn't going to effect the end prices.

Actually t4 CTs are now more difficult to make, as you get 5% worse quality with same level decoder pre-patch (as the prototype bonus was removed). t3 is effectively the same and on t1 and t2 there is an improvement. Hence, t1-t3 definately cheaper, t4 unsure, might stay the same, I'd guess.

7 (edited by Arga 2011-08-11 19:54:30)

Previously, I made T1 items for the T4 chain on things like geoscanners because the market price was so high, I could make them cheaper then buying them. Now that they aren't going to be recycled as readily, the market price will drop. However it may only drop down to my initial material cost, in which case I may forgo the added trouble of making the T1 runs (even thouogh they would be cheaper) and pass the cost along to T3.

The bigger question is if the demand for the T4 items are there still for the items that can be more easily reached in the Kernel grind. T3/4 Mech based modules aren't going to come down because the T1 items are cheaper, because again the manufactors aren't buying at market price anyway.

Also the player base is shrinking again, as demand decreases, suppliers reduce production and the cost stays about the same.

The only sure thing is that T1 alpha drop items will be cheap, maybe to the point where combat farmers don't even bother to haul them anymore.

I was one of those combat haulers. I think it's kind of an odd shuffle where T1 no longer requires high end minerals, yet they just added high end minerals to alpha mining. We could already get high end minerals in combat hauling, but now, it's shifted to mining and combat hauling is likely to become obsolete as I highly doubt most modules would outweigh plasma and other goodies you could get grinding. If you have multiple accounts and a hauler, well sure, why not. But if you don't, hauling back modules is likely to be taboo now thanks to the likely drop in prices.

Take the long way around back to square one
Today we're just outlaws out on the run