1 (edited by Predator Nova 2011-08-09 21:32:00)

Topic: 09.08 Patch - Alpha Epriton able to be mined

Just a fyi for all. By mining titan on alpha it's possible to get Dyrepriton randomly.

Have fun. smile

Edit: Recycling the Epriton is affected by the regular waste formulas, so the amounts shown in info don't reflect real yields.

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Re: 09.08 Patch - Alpha Epriton able to be mined

Before this explodes.

How much epitron do you get from Dyrepriton and whats the rate per million titan ore mined.

This is probably the 'fix' for removing espitium from T1, and I think it's a good compromise. Puts the mineral aquisition back into the hands of the miners instead of with combat characters.

3 (edited by Predator Nova 2011-08-09 21:32:29)

No hard data as the sample is still way too small. However our miner reported getting one unit of Dyrepriton PL10 from about 240U of Titan Ore mined. PL10 recycles for 3000 Epriton, PL40 for 6000, PL90 for 9000.

Edit: Values don't take into account waste factor.

Thanks for the update.

Even if the miner was extremely unlucky, and the drop rate is actually a little high, this definetly won't kill the epitron market. It will however help offset the T1 removal and after the hype of the change, likely result in market prices settling back to the 14-16 range.

Actually a very inovative method of dealing with replacing espitium, and countering the arguement of the alpha dweller's total dependance on beta ore.

This seems very fair. You can mine 240U of Epriton in the time it takes to get a simple unit of this rare mineral.

I just must have been lucky but got 1 unit dyerepitron pl40 just mining titan for 10min big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro you should keep it as a souviner.

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Celebro wrote:

I just must have been lucky but got 1 unit dyerepitron pl40 just mining titan for 10min big_smile

Like I said the sample is way too small to make an accurate statement about drop chance. But yeah you might have been lucky smile

Alexander wrote:

This seems very fair. You can mine 240U of Epriton in the time it takes to get a simple unit of this rare mineral.

agreed.

Final though.
This adds flair to the game and while in large amounts it could allow a small corp to make T2 modules it would not allow wars to be easily fought.

Arga wrote:

Even if the miner was extremely unlucky, .

He was, or FC mining op was extremly lucky

from 1.5 hours mining liquizit with two agents we got two P10 Dyrepriton, several triliquizit of all qualities and some stermonites.

its not much eprition at all with lvl8 recycling on a lvl2 plant with 40% standing...
again, the beta corps got it better there with their lvl3 recycling plants

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

from 1.5 hours mining liquizit with two agents we got two P10 Dyrepriton, several triliquizit of all qualities and some stermonites.

Sounds about right, I wasn't really paying attention to the time but two loads full of titan in a sequer "160v" I got two P10 Dyrepriton, few Titan-50 of different level of purity, and one H2DT P10.

Descent
Selling quality ore since 2011

Time to up those cycle times!

15 (edited by Norrdec 2011-08-10 07:16:55)

The dev's trolled us with this one tongue

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Mouse Tiger wrote:
Arga wrote:

seems I should finaly get into an Argano :-)

Hugh Ruka wrote:
Mouse Tiger wrote:
Arga wrote:

Riveler MK2 with max cycle time skills using small miners and T4 tunings. big_smile

18 (edited by Hugh Ruka 2011-08-10 13:08:00)

Alexander wrote:
Hugh Ruka wrote:
Mouse Tiger wrote:

Riveler MK2 with max cycle time skills using small miners and T4 tunings. big_smile

except the Tyrannos (just for the looks of it), I'll never step into anything larger than an assault bot :-)

Alexander wrote:
Hugh Ruka wrote:
Mouse Tiger wrote:

Why smalls? i gots 5.43s cycle time with 5 medium t4 lasers. I was going to post how many of them I got in 3 hours of mining titan last night, but people would rage and be insanely jealous that Smokeyii managed to get NEARLY an ARGANO load of epriton from mining titan ore!

I RAGE!

But seriously we were arguing before, but now we see the devs want to leave epriton one way or another on alpha. Let it be so then.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

In one real sense though, they did remove it from being directly available to combat players on Alpha, but it is still available to production/miner characters. So I think they accomplished what they meant to do, which was removing it as a by-product of an unrelated activity. At least with mining your actually mining for minerals, and you happen to get some epitron.

Need some more feedback from combat as too how much of a NIC difference it makes for those use HGR for NIC, opposed to groups farming modules to supplement espitium.

Arga wrote:

In one real sense though, they did remove it from being directly available to combat players on Alpha, but it is still available to production/miner characters. So I think they accomplished what they meant to do, which was removing it as a by-product of an unrelated activity. At least with mining your actually mining for minerals, and you happen to get some epitron.

Need some more feedback from combat as too how much of a NIC difference it makes for those use HGR for NIC, opposed to groups farming modules to supplement espitium.

that would interest me too. I am too new to have HGR at all, so the change does not impact me right now (other than T1 and ammo prices). but a complete view is goot to have.

This is a great change! In that other game most of the commodities came from mission runners recycling loot, the importance of miners there, was a second thought and was the worst profession for isk/hr. This change gives depth and meaning for an industrialist as most of his building has come from someone mining it first.

In regards to Titan ore being the one giving the epitron , I guess this could only mean there was too much titan ore on the fields, will be mined more and probably 'force' beta players to buy and create a market. Maybe not because they can't mine it but, if it's cheaper I don't think they will bother being self sufficient.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

In regards to Titan ore being the one giving the epitron , I guess this could only mean there was too much titan ore on the fields, will be mined more and probably 'force' beta players to buy and create a market. Maybe not because they can't mine it but, if it's cheaper I don't think they will bother being self sufficient.

Just to clarify, Titan is not the only ore you can get the Epriton from.

1000U of imemtium and Sterminite, and 0 epitron isotopes, so it's possible that it's maybe 'less rare' in titan ore fields?

I think that's a good thing, Beta needs titan ore, so encouraging more of it to be mined by alpha dwellers, over and above what they need for personal use, means they can sell it and buy epitron.