1 (edited by Belarrius 2011-08-09 18:26:53)

Topic: Bitcoins payment

It would be great to have them as payment for the subscription Bitcoins Perpetuum.

This will be a lot more players.

If you do not know, ask!

Bitcoin a currency is increasingly known, excellent for gaming "Paying is possible while playing!"

It can be exchanged against the USD, EUR etc ...

Perpetuum could be one of the first MMO to use Bitcoin, it would be just huge!

For info on Bitcoin : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo
http://www.bitcoin.org/

Best Regards,

Re: Bitcoins payment

Yeah. Pretty sure they've already been hacked.. more than once.. What a great currency..
I mean it's better than USD right now but still. Virtual currencies can stay there.

Whats with all the riots in UK? Currency related?

Considering that the riots are a current event, I can see where this becomes relevant!  To quote Linny of the Wonder Pets, "Good eye, Tuck!"

Primary Laptop:  NEC Ready 120LT - Cyrix Media GXm @ 200 MHz, 128 MB EDO DRAM
NeoMagic MagicGraph 128 ZV+, 6 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HDD, 24x CD-ROM, PCMCIA WiFI
Slackware Linux 8.1 - Framebuffer 640x480 Command Line Interface Only (No wimpy GUI)
-Delicious Raspberry Pi- http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Alexander wrote:

Yeah. Pretty sure they've already been hacked.. more than once.. What a great currency..
I mean it's better than USD right now but still. Virtual currencies can stay there.

you're wrong here. bitcoins as such were not hacked. just the exchanges were. same as any other exchange hack to manipulate accounts or credit card theft for the same ...

Blame the Exchanges or as MtGox YourBitcoins fact that they are hacker.

since the bitcoin value fluctuates quite heavily, you have to change them to USD/EUR and then buy a time code for PO the traditional way. I doubt AC will even think about bitcoins.

Bitcoins are impossible to crack (you'll need way more accumulative computing power then what has been put into the leading transaction block for the last two years) but for stupid security (e.g. allowing your private keys to get stolen). The real problem is the value, it's jumping all over the place. It would be too much work for the little advantage of allowing your customer to pay using Bitcoin.

I think the bigger issue with Bitcoin is the reputation.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Personally I use Bitcoin for several months, I pay my subscription in Perpetuum exchange my Bitcoin in EUR or USD, I propose the idea to pay in directement Bitcoin, and to advertise on the forum Bitcoin (Many user Bitcoin expect an MMO payable Bitcoin)

Reputation is currently not very good I admit, because of two great exchanger that are doing this hack.

Communication is not always good about it.

(PS: Sorry I'm using google translate, shame on me)

Belarrius wrote:

Personally I use Bitcoin for several months, I pay my subscription in Perpetuum exchange my Bitcoin in EUR or USD, I propose the idea to pay in directement Bitcoin, and to advertise on the forum Bitcoin (Many user Bitcoin expect an MMO payable Bitcoin)

Reputation is currently not very good I admit, because of two great exchanger that are doing this hack.

Communication is not always good about it.

(PS: Sorry I'm using google translate, shame on me)

there are possibilities to buy eve/rift/wow timecodes via bitcoins. maybe you could talk to the person providing them to create some kind of timecode seller contract with AC ?

It is also possible to determine the price Bitcoin whichever MtGox, and once the purchase is a script immediately sells it automatically MtGox dollar.

Therefore, it is more than just a transfer price with scalable.

I do not know Timecode.

I would have thought that the biggest problem would be if they did this, what do they then do with the bitcoin afterward? As far as I know server space cant be rented with bitcoin and im pretty sure most employees would get a little upset if they were paid with bitcoin.. I'm not saying bitcoin is bad but if you have to convert it to another currency to use it then why would they offer this service (which will cost them real money)?

14 (edited by Zeredhan 2011-08-12 10:20:19)

The Bitcoin is a form of value, like the USD Dollars in your bank, which is also virtual.

We can sell the USD Bitcoin with people interested or just rented web hosting with Bitcoin for exemple.

https://fr.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade#H.C3.A9bergement

DEV Gargaj wrote:

I think the bigger issue with Bitcoin is the reputation.

yup yup, there the money of drug dealers and hackers. tongue

Lana Torrin wrote:

I would have thought that the biggest problem would be if they did this, what do they then do with the bitcoin afterward? As far as I know server space cant be rented with bitcoin and im pretty sure most employees would get a little upset if they were paid with bitcoin.. I'm not saying bitcoin is bad but if you have to convert it to another currency to use it then why would they offer this service (which will cost them real money)?

Correct. Real money can be exchanged for goods and services. Bitcoins can be exchanged for goods that never arrive and services like, uh, oh yeah, being changed into real currency for a loss.

There's no reason the devs should be subjected to this joke currency. Nor should they have to bear the exchange rate risk. You want to pay with bitcoins, you do it by exchanging them for an actual currency and paying in that.

Problem solved!

for what its worth you can use bitcoins to pay for a perpetuum subscription, you just need to use your online exchange and then transfer it to pay pal and then buy your subscription from the devs.

Logically speaking you if you have bit coins you should have a way to convert them into goods or services, some of those goods being money.