Topic: Today's Incoming Transmission podcast

Everyone,

Going to postpone today's podcast and shoot for recording some time during this week.

To explain. I just drove 800 miles in 24 hours out of state and back again and I am wiped....

So I will record this week instead of today.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Today's Incoming Transmission podcast

Oh too bad.... just saw the title was getting ready for it sad

Understandable though... 800miles, but the title was misleading.

RIP PERPETUUM

Will wait next episode big_smile

thanks for the update!

Alexadar wrote:

Will wait next episode big_smile

This episode will be out this week.

Well this week was a little busy and I didn't get to record. I am driving 800 miles again this weekend. So I will record episode 11 on 8/28.

Ugh, drive safe!

Now we simply need to egg Dev Gargaj on to run a DJ session to satisfy our urge to hear stuffs in the meantime smile

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Just wanted to say that your podcast and website have been really helpful to me.  I did a lot of research on this game and found the only place I really needed to go was to your website along with the Foom wiki for the game.  (I just started a few days ago)

Im not sure if you plan on making a new players perspective a regular segment on your podcast but it was very informative (nicely done winter).  I reviewed your podcast in itunes and gave you a 5 star review, you sound very experienced in both the game and podcasting and it shows.

Omen wrote:

Just wanted to say that your podcast and website have been really helpful to me.  I did a lot of research on this game and found the only place I really needed to go was to your website along with the Foom wiki for the game.  (I just started a few days ago)

Im not sure if you plan on making a new players perspective a regular segment on your podcast but it was very informative (nicely done winter).  I reviewed your podcast in itunes and gave you a 5 star review, you sound very experienced in both the game and podcasting and it shows.

Thanks! Yes we plan to make the new player perspective a regular segment in the future. Well I can't lie. This is my first time doing a pod cast and thanks for your kind words. smile

Glad I could help with my site. And FOOM's wiki rocks!

Oh and I did the 800 miles in 14 hours of driving.... roll

hope your car has cruise control.

750 km without it is already a pain. my car doesnt support double-tap-forward sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If it was a Prius it would : )

Annihilator wrote:

hope your car has cruise control.

750 km without it is already a pain. my car doesnt support double-tap-forward sad

Yes my mustang did have it. My new car also has it. smile

what wil be the topic of the next podcast?

- Intrusion changes (theres not much to talk about IMHO)
- Mission changes (they will change the PvE experience a bit, especially for new player)
- Terraforming, real Territorial control and the conflict with the NPCs factions
- the rather low usefullness of "lower then t4 equip" and with that the research/market issue?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

- Request for alliance features (it seems that contrary to previous beliefs, the majority of the community is not against alliance features).

Good topic to discuss, shows how previously the public opinion of a lot of people who don't read or post on the forums has been misappropriated and twisted by certain individuals to influence the game's development towards their dream of "Guild Wars Mk2".

Controversial discussion for sure, could make an interesting podcast especially if you bring in guest-speakers to argue for and against the topic.

wink

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

16 (edited by Khader Khan 2011-08-20 13:12:40)

I see its now a full court press by CIR to keep the shared outposts a viable mechanic in the game... tell me syndic should the devs stop worrying with the new intrusion type as well as the current system helps you organize a 10 corp blob to show up? Guild wars is better than wow... For the Horde... I mean infestation

the public opinion of a lot of people who don't read or post on the forums has been misappropriated and twisted by certain individuals to influence the game's development towards their dream

LOL you mean your pets that are posting most of them have never posted on the forums before that thread, so you ARE the puppet master!

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

17 (edited by Gremrod 2011-08-20 17:08:56)

Syndic wrote:

the public opinion of a lot of people who don't read or post on the forums has been misappropriated and twisted

Ok, so if they don't post on the forums. How are people that post on the forums twisting their opinion? tongue

So all the leadership on this postcast twisted those non-forum posters opinion?

http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.c … episode-7/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/f … aLLama.jpg

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

"We all remember what happened in that other game" - Syndic

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Gremrod wrote:
Syndic wrote:

the public opinion of a lot of people who don't read or post on the forums has been misappropriated and twisted

Ok, so if they don't post on the forums. How are people that post on the forums twisting their opinion? tongue

So all the leadership on this postcast twisted those non-forum posters opinion?

http://incomingtransmission.wordpress.c … episode-7/

By creating a misconception that they represent a significant part of the Perpetuum community and that their opinion is shared by the majority of the players.

This is evidently not true, as apparently quite a few people are putting their name & paid accounts forward to show support to the request for alliance features.

That podcast was done before the Dev's announcement of the Intrusion 2.0 system, and even there it's mainly 62nd and M2S arguing against alliance features. This represents a minor but very vocal part of the community.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Undock and bring it then, sir.

----